Masters Running

Out like a lamb, last day of March runs and such ..... (Read 557 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Only 1.5 miles for the Brinkster and myself.    Towards the end of mile one, I could tell I needed to get home to the bathroom.   Plus, spring decided to show up this morning and I was over dressed in my winter gear.  Hopefully I can wash that stuff and put it away now.  

{{Dg}} I'm not going to give you any advice other than to listen to your body.   It sounds like you made the right decision to have that surgery before it turned into an emergency!!    I have a scare over my belly button and several doctors have asked if it is from hernia surgery.   Luckily no - I had a full blood transfusion when I was born and I think the scare is kind of cute.  Wink

How was the basketball game Holly?   I'm sure you had a great time with CNY!

B'Nellie is fine this morning and her ears should be feeling better by the end of the week.   I'll try to post a picture of the little cows laying on the kitchen floor last night.   They sure can cry. 

Happy Hump Day!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Here's to spring!

8.2 kinda fast -- 8:06/mi pace.  Felt great!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Marathon Maniac #957

What a great time we had last night!  Awesome team, fantastic game, and a dear friend to share it with!  And what a view!

And we got to run together this morning, too!  It never seems like I have enough time with Karin when she visits, and finally we weren't quite so rushed.  I wish we could do something like this every time she comes to town!  Thanks again, Karin - I had a great time!

6.2 frisky miles in 43 degrees (ave pace 9:39)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Holly - was that the game that UConn only won by 40?

Maya Moore is intense!

The rain should stop today.  The path that the Hartford marathon takes by the Connecticut river is about three feet under water right now.  And the river won't crest until the end of the week. 

Anyways, lift, step and spin.  The spin teacher made it a race day.  She gave out goody bags and prizes!  She even played my song request - Du Hast by Rammstein (it's a cool down kind of song).  What a great spin class.

Good morning good people - last day of March and I can tell summer is right around the corner.

Mary - glad all is well with B'Nellie. Pictures, please (tapping foot patiently). It was 50° here at 4:30 so I imagine you were probably overdressed 'cause you just live on "the other side of the lake."

Holly - great picture of you and Karin, and what a game! It's nice you got a run together as well. Some day you'll have to plan on a more extended visit.

Sproinky run by WRFB this morning - all set for Boston I'm sure. Got that next keg brewing for the big Boston party?

Sue - how's the hand? That's a pretty extreme way to get out of cooking! Just kidding...nothing more painful than a bad burn and I hope you're healing quickly.

Hey Kevin - how's the ear this morning?

Cross training day for me. Six miles on the eliptical followed with stability ball stuff and some free weights. Didn't like the feedback from the scale at the Y this morning, and I was just thinking about what kind of candy to put in the family Easter basket this year. Looks like it'll have to be a SMALL bag!

Tramps

dg--take care in your recovery.

Karin--sorry to hear about the spooky run (and wet basement) but glad the day ended much better.

Holly--great pic!  Glad you had such a good time.

7.1 easy miles @ 8:31.  39F IRC.

Be safe. Be kind.

DG, hope your recovery goes well.  Don't rush back.  Take your time.

DW's back is better, thanks for asking DG!  She got a pair of those Skechers shoes a few months ago and just loves them.  You absolutely can NOT run in them, which is a good thing for her.  She is not tempted to jog/run.  So she walks and walks.  She still gets sore and hunched over a little, but it loosens up quickly.

I left a message for Denise last evening telling her I didn't think I was going to be able to meet up this week.  Too much happening at Church this Holy Week.

I am jealous of Holly and CNY - not only for getting to see the UConn game but for their run together.

I ran my typical midweek Fartlek MLR this morning.  13.4 miles altogether at 8:59 pace with 30 x 1 minute at 10K pace (7:40ish), 1 minute jog recovery.  I purposely did not run any hills today, not wanting the hamstring to act up, but it did anyway.  The right hamstring was fairly sore/achy during the last 15 or so of those 30 repeats.

This is fairly discouraging coming so soon before the race, and on a hilly, challenging course that is likely to be hard on the hamstring.  And I am in such fantastic shape aerobically.  The HR never made it out of the 140's during any of the repeats today.  We'll see how Saturday's EZ paced 22 miler goes.  I will not run one step at any pace more than EZ.

This may turn out to be a good thing in that this may make me run the race slow and easy, and just enjoy the day.  But I may not be wired that way.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Holly... great photo! Lucky girls!

Nice run Lou! You are ready!

Now Tramps, dude, what are we going to do with you? ... 7.1 easy miles @ 7:31??

Byll.. here we go again with our Hump Day m-LR's (note the pace)...............

11 hilly moonlit miles in 1:38:55 (8:59 pace, AHR 154) (5 x 2.2 mile loop with a 65 ft and 75 ft hills)

The legs were fine today (whew).

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

7.6 miles at 9:48 pace. I think the last half was in the 9:15 range. Still a little achy from the weekend but good to get out in the rain and drizzle and dodge some puddles. Man, the rivers are high - highest I've ever seen them. But the weekend forecast is sun and low 80's.

Morning gang!

Mary - I'm so glad to hear that B'Nellie is OK - looking forward to more pictures!

Slo - those Red Prince apples sound good, and so do the Sweet Tangos.

Holly and Karin - I am so jealous - glad you got to see consecutive win #76 for the UCONN ladies!

TomS, dg and Jeanne - the hand is doing remarkably well (thanks for asking).  I think the palm skin is much tougher and resilient than the finger skin that I usually burn.  I lifted weights Monday with only mild transient pain.  Today I can't even see the 'M' any more. 

Denise - belated Happy Birthday - like dg said, welcome to the 50's!

dg - glad the fat in the hernia was the only thing that was strangulated and not your intestine!!  You definitely made the right decision to go for the repair.  Hang in there a little longer - patience!!!

72 minutes and 7.35 miles on the elliptical this morning.  Foots not good after a weekend of trialing, and I did push it on the treadmill doing the last 15 minutes of my time without walking just to test the waters. 

Lots of my co-workers are cleaning out flooded basements.  The company told everybody they could go home yesterday shortly after noon.   We were lucky - no problem getting home and our basement was bone dry - thank goodness.  The fireplace bricks were wet, so we'll have to apply some Thompson's to the external chimney once everything dries out. 

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Holly and Karin - GREAT PICTURE!!   looks like so much fun!!

bill - i did get your message last night -- will try to call you today - maybe i can stop by your church for a bit.......are you very far from the Howard Johnsons in Deerfield Beach?  great long run for you today!!

Tramps - your DW looks great in her tri pic!!

Perch -  great long mid week run!

George - hope we bring this florida sunshine back to MA with us - would love to get together for a run sometime!

I had an absolutely wonderful birthday starting from sat. night party and continuing during this Florida trip - thank you all for the birthday wishes!!

denise

Mariposai

7.1 easy miles @ 7:31.  39F IRC.

you make this pace look easy. Great run there.

Did anyone see the full moon this morning. Wow, she sure was full and gorgeous today. On the way back from my run the moon was setting just on top of a high mountain, as if she was kissing the mountain's head...just glorious.

I am sorry to hear about your basement ordeal Karin. That happened to us two years ago when I was in my country and DH had to deal with the mess...he was grumpy also.

I wanna have a slumber party with Karin and Holly someday!!!!

8 miles easy. I was going to do some hurry up miles, but the asthma said it was not the right day for it. Oh well, at least I could run at a slow pace.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Denise – Happy Belated Birthday!

Dg – you have the flattest stomach of any woman I know – how on earth could there have been even an ounce of fat there?      I am so glad that you did get into there and take care of it before it became more severe.  Listen to Rose/Buehrle and Mary re recovery plan.

Rose/Buehrle – Dg has also helped me out several times with research when I have had a question or mysterious pain.  She really is a marvel!

Breger – I found that my hamstring pain has not been aggravated by my easy-paced miles, only the speedy stuff, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that your LR this weekend will not aggravate your issue.  After this weekend, you could take the next two weeks totally off and I’d bet you would still smoke Boston.  {{{healing vibes}}}

DD is here at work with me today, and the other attorney's assistant brought her 7yo DD as well, so they have taken over the conference room with puzzles, games, and lots of giggles.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

Holly, CNY.....Awesome picture....So cool that you guys can meet up like that....and take in a game, and go for a run......<sigh> Ok, maybe I'm a tad jealous.

Anywho......A 4 mile recovery type run this morning following a very sucky attempt at a tempo run last night. Wanted to do a 2 x15...just wasn't there. Pace felt way hard even though I was slower than  my 10k pace....and the wind was at my back. I ended up walking a couple of times. My guess is maybe I was to agressive doing a tempo after Sat long run and Mondays hill repeats.

Short work week......WooHoo ! Looking forward to a doing a little hiking with two of my sisters and Dad on Friday. We'll also planning on flying one of those huge kites that capable of lifting a kid off the ground.

solid running all !

Slo, you're not the only one jealous thinking about Karin and Holly being able to run together as often as they do. That is one great picture!

Whoa, dg. I hope that you are planning on taking an easy recovery and follow those recommendations that you listed (could your running style be called a "contact sport"?). Your surgery sounds like something that might take a while to come back from.

TomS, good to see you doing your usual distance at your usual time. The frosty fog sounds neat.

Did a quick 10 on the bike yesterday and am going out in an hour or so to do 20-25 on the same. I'd also like to take advantage of the near-record temps the next couple of days, but will have to be careful not to overdo it this early in the season (which I say every year and still overdo it).

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"