Masters Running

Saturday, April 17 Runs and Flights (Read 510 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

No run for me today, just checking in before I head upstairs to finish my packing before our soccer game.

Question for frequent flyers:  I have one of those 7-day pill dispensers filled with my vitamins/supplements.  DH thinks I could get arrested at security because I don't have the individual bottles identifying the different pills.  Does that really happen?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Head Procrastinator

Hi Holly, see you soon!

I bring my pills and vitamins in a ziploc baggie and have never had a problem.

Not that it's right, not sure but I've had my bags rifled through and those were never even mentioned.

Just make sure your liquids (including lipstick, lip balms and mascara) are less then 4 oz I think and in a quart  zip baggie. Check your airlines site.

ETA bring warm stuff it's 38 here right now!

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
      dg.

Hi Holly!

Hi Hally!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Holly, no worries what so ever not having your pill bottles. I forgot who it was that told me this before the Seattle Marathon, but he said security is not there for that kind of thing and doesn't care. I also had my 7 day dispenser in a baggie in plain few with my liquids I had in a baggie too. 

Burrrr Holly, pretty chilly for a soccer game this morning. Hope you and everyone has a nice trip to Boston and fun race.

I got me a new lap top computer yesterday......so no more looooong paragraphs It is really cool because where ever I have a cell phone connection, I have a connection for my computer also.....plus wifi obviously.

Well, need to get ready for my "shorter" long run weekend...which is still 18 miles this morning getting ready for a 50K.

My alarm woke me up early this morning as I was in the middle of a dream. I was running a hard 5K race, and my alarm went off just as I was crossing the finishline......darn, felt like I had a super fast time, but never saw my time

Hope everyone has a Greta Day!

TimBo 

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Hi Holly!

Hi Hally!

Hi dg

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

dg.

cool Tim.  (Hi!)

GO Nancy, GO Dave!!!!!!!     banana smiley right click to download and savebanana smiley right click to download and save

Hey Masters!  Thought I'd visit the daily for a bit.

No run for me today.  I'm trying to heal up a minor knee twinge. 

Holly, I remember the days of soccer when evryothrday played many years ago.  Cold, wind, it didn't matter, we were out there playing.  Enjoy these times with the kiddos.....and I hope Holly junior kicks butt.

Hey dg, Hally.

Tim....whenever I have running dreams it's like I can barely move my legs.  I'm in extreme slow motion and my whole body is so very heavy.   So glad to hear you got a new laptop.  I know you've been after one for a while.  Good luck on the short long run and the 50K.

Good luck to all the Bostonians!  A friend of mine has a son running it for the first time.  Go Yantzy!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                evanflein

You'll be fine Holly. I take all sorts of drugs on the plane with me and nobody ever raises an eyebrow. 

Nice little chilly 5k run this morning with WRFB and PDR. They were nice enough to let me sleep till about 6:30 or so. Temps were about 39 and breezy with light rain from the east made it a pretty chilly run on the way out, nice tail wind on the way back.

Can't wait to hear how Mariposai and Divechief do today at Wenatchee!!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

good luck to divechief in trying to keep up to . . .,  I mean pacing Mariposai.

hope you don't have so much snow this year. ji ji

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Morning everyone. Thinking about Mariposai and Divechief and wishing them perfect running conditions, and hoping that the rain our Boston runners experienced this morning clears out by Monday.

Safe travels today Holly! Did you win the soccer game?

Tim's got paragraphs! Woo-hoo!!

Loved Deb's dancing bananas this morning, but Leslie's yesterday with the bouncing hooters were the best.

Everyday, hope your knee "twinge" resolves itself quickly.

12 miles for me this morning, 9:40 pace. It's really windy here again and my last two miles were into 20 mph winds. No negative splits at the end for me. We've got an open house again tomorrow so I'm off to cross-train with household equipment. Burried a statue of St. Joseph in the back yard, upside down facing the house, just like you're supposed to. Sure hoping tomorrow brings a buyer....

Good luck to all our marathoners today and Monday!

I checked the starting time, and our butterfly is just underway as I type this. Good luck to her and divechief!

I also hope our travelers to Boston have a better experience than anyone who was planning on flying to Europe the last few days. At least Logan might be slightly less busy without the international flights coming and going.

No running for me today, but our club had an activity to assist in an Earth Day related cleanup at the park that is our home base. I filled up three garbage bags in less than two hours. Unbelievable what some people throw out of their car windows, but I noticed that there were very few returnable cans and bottles compared to non-returnables such as water and liquor bottles.

Over breakfast, one couple told of an interesting "sequence" they encountered: a piece of paper with "I love you" still legible on it; a birth control pill box; a condom; and then a bunch of cigarette butts. Sort of a love story on the shoulder of the road. Big grin

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

biketm paragraph!    Woohooo!  I can actually figure out what you are writing!!

No muffins for the running club today.  Instead it was Irish soda bread.  Big hit.  Huge loaf and nearly all gone.  DW went off for a 10 mile run with her friend.  Amazingly she came back saying she is not all that bushed and may run tomorrow.  Big change from the last few weeks.

Good luck to Mariposai in her marathon.  I hear she plans to win it or die trying.  Her DS is busy making crosses in case of the latter.    Best wishes to divechief too!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Such excitement on this site!  Can't wait for all RR's from this weekend and then from Boston!  Go everyone who is running there!

9.9 for me this morning, followed by a mile swim.  Gotta attack the yard today, but need to wear a mask!  Such allergies.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy Saturday and good travels to all of you desending on Boston.  And I hope the left coast marathoners are doing (did?) well.

I snuck in a 5K race that I hadn't really planned on today.  The Gym that I go to sponsored their 1st annual 5K for Health and yesterday I got an e-mail saying that any participant could get 1 hour free personal training session.  Since that costs more that the entry fee (and I got another highly needed T-shirt) I figured it might be worthwhile.  I had an appointment to take my car in for service and threw my running stuff in, figureing if I got back in time, I'd stop in and run.  There are certain advantages to running in a race sponsored by your gym--I was able to run in, change in the locker room, toss everything into a locker, and make a mad dash for the starting line.  When I got there, I found that I was in such a hurry, I had pinned the bib on backwards .  I got it off and two pins back in before the start. 

At which time, I executed a classic dash and crash technique.  When I looked at my pace after the first 1/4 mile or so, I was in the low 7:00's.  I finished the first mile just over 8 and it sort of went downhill (pace wise) after that.  I ended up with a watch time of 27:51, which is still the fastest 5K I've had since the end of '08.  Not sure what my clock time was, since I was stopping the gamin, and they hadn't posted the results yet.  The second benefit of being at the gym was a very nice hot shower while waiting for the raffles.  Good food after--bagels and water, and a Kale soup that tasted really good after a rainy, 40º run.

Gold long sleeve shirt and gold hat and black NB shorts.  Lost my colr coordination with the green Adrenalines.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Worked the finishline of a small 5k this morning.

Then ran 11.2 miles w/ middle 5.2 at tempo  pace in wind, rain, snow & sleet crazy out there!

Like Stumpy said a long hot shower felt GREAT!

Good luck & wishing the best for our Boston runners at the race & the other festivities

Timbo sorry about your dream ending a little too soon but you can make up any finish you want

Doug great of your club& you to clean up the park  

Jlynne & Helen w/ nice miles today, this is our week to get more miles than all the BQ'ers

Enjoy!!!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.