Masters Running

Jolly Jaunt RR with CNYRunner (Read 203 times)

Short and simple - 10k through western Mass for the Special Olympics - Got to meet and run with CNYRunner. Well I got to tag along behind her....well behind her. lol - Did the 10k course with my Tri friend. It was her first 10k - Speedy CNY Runner did the 10k in 47 mins and placed! And that was her 'slow' pace. lol - Tri friend and I finished in 1:05 and were happy with that - The Pioneer Valley Womens Running Club recruited 21 runners to run and fund raise - together we raised $1100 - Great after party with music from Birkshire hills academy band - I highly recommend this one. Been doing it for 3 years now. It was my first race so I go back every year. Karin, great times. Cant wait to run with you again. Take care of the feet. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Fundraiser for great cause, nice run with friends, kewl after party - sounds great to me! Doesn't surprise me at all about Karin - she's a fast one, that. Good running for all of you. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Karin must've been off her game... 47 mninutes would be a slow 10k for her. Sounds like a lot of fun, Laurie, and a great way to raise money for a very good cause. Thanks!
          Good job, flyin. You ran a good race, raised money for a good cause, and got to meet up with CNY. I trust you told her she's missed. Congratulations. TomS

King of PhotoShop

Thanks for this. One of the neat things about running is the opportunity to jump into events that do some social good so good on you to make this a tradition and help others. I am also appreciative of your outing CNY on that tenK time. I can needle her for months over this! Spareribs
              Hi Laurie! Thanks for posting the report. It was a great pleasure to meet you and other members of the PVWRC. What Laurie is too modest to mention is that SHE is a real leader for this group of women runners. I got to the race registration area and found her right away. Other members of the club sought her out and clearly wanted to be with her. She is a caring and gifted athlete and helps people move from the beginners ranks to being life-long enthusiasts of the sport. You are wonderful Flyin' Hawaiin and I am so glad we connected in person! The race was great fun and I did this to support the cause---plain and simple. I have been taking some time off to beat back a lurking injury or two. A PR was in no way a goal and my plan was to run 8 minute miles to give my aching feet and an extremely tight left IT band a break. As for you Mr. Needle, Ribs.....you can't catch me---PR pace or no Tongue(YET). I ended up with 7:37s and 1st in the 30-54 age group. Great race, great cause and super turnout on a day when there were three pretty big races in town and all within 15 miles of one another. Thanks for asking Laurie and I hope I see you soon. Jolly Jaunt Springfield was just one of 6 Jolly Jaunt races in the state this past weekend. They all benefit Special Olympics and bring the community together in a perfect way.
                so fun!! glad you two spent some time together!! love those races!! congrats!!

denise

Thanks for the very kind words Karin. I hope you heal soon and are back on track literally. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Nice race report. Thanks for sharing this one with us. Good job!
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                    wildchild

Carolyn

Good race for a good cause! And getting to meet and run with (behind) CNYRunner would be the highlight of any race day!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.