Masters Running

Wednesday (yawn...) Daily, 9.26.12 (Read 383 times)

Bushrat Runner

Am in Anchortown to review and draft responses to comments from a public draft EIS, and it was a busy day after getting here. But after working late, scooted down the coastal trail then up the Chester Creek trail. One thing about Anchorage, it has a wonderful trail system.

evanflein

Yes I love that trail system, and not happy that the last few times I've been in Anchorage it's been for quick day trips and no time to run there. Enjoy!

Welcome back home, Byllger. I was also thinking about you the other day and thinking you'd been gone quite awhile.

7.1 miles on the Equinox regular and ultra trails. Went out to mile 5, then crossed over to the ultra return course. I do like that run, but my legs felt really lifeless after the late night last night (flight got in just after midnight, in bed by 1:30 a.m., up at 5:30 a.m.). And there are so many leaves on the trail it was pretty hard to run on in spots. My Speedstars are not the right shoe for those conditions, at all. Lots of slipping but no tripping, so that's good. Felt good to get out mid-day in the sunshine, even with tired legs, because I spend altogether too much time sitting on my butt during the day!

Off to Laguna Beach with DH tomorrow. Taking advantage of a work trip for him to have a weekend away. Yay!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

hey nancy - are you and enki going to get to run or is it going to be just work work, work,  . . . not that that ever stopped a goddess from somehow figuring out how to fit a run, if not marathon, into everything else going on in life to say nothing of getting some good photos running or not.. 

Enkepahlin, I think I am just reserving my mojo for when you visit us. We are all looking forward to having you here. Remember our assignment is to hand out race package on Friday night and then up early in the morning to work on the course signage....post race party: Ribs party at Posie's den.

Tetsujin, thanks for the greates Japanesse gift ever!!! I can't wait for the Autumn Leaf run when I am planning to use my stylish new running attire! 

hey rhoon, maybe limit the number of runners to ten or less and you probably won't need an EIS.  Otherwise, maybe just have everyone run barefoot or in thongs.

erika -where do the new extra ten miles of the 40-mile ultra go?

Fairbanks to California? have fun. swim/swim/swim.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Enkepahlin, I think I am just reserving my mojo for when you visit us. We are all looking forward to having you here. Remember our assignment is to hand out race package on Friday night and then up early in the morning to work on the course signage....post race party: Ribs party at Posie's den.

When is this?

Breger - pictures, yes!

Erika - have fun in Laguna!  Don't do any jaywalking.....Wink

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Crud Slo..It's unfortunate someone doesn't feel safe even shopping for a dress.

Two Cat...Now I know what to get DD#3 for a wedding present!!! The reviews are great!!!

I'm sure you're aware the "Tunnel of Tress" is gearing up for splendor Breger.

It's a good rant Leslie. Our area is addressing the issue as well.  This weekend, vets are offering free services to horse owners who are struggling.

Very kewl Erica!!!

SteveP