Masters Running

Boston Get Together? (Read 104 times)

mrrun

He only has eyes for Robin.....we are chopped liver!  BUT, we get PBJ, TheProFromDover and Tramps, hally, WillRunForBeer, predawnrunner, winejunky, OrangeMat, henrun, and TwoCat!!!

speaking of chopped liver - what am i?????

#artbydmcbride

And Marj the magnificent!!!Smile

Runners run

an amazing likeness

Hey--do you mind if I sneak in here, for a second, and ask a question?  Good...

I have a friend going out to Boston, this year, to watch his son run.  He texted me, asking me if I had any tips for him.  I'm assuming he meant, tips to getting around to watch his son.  I know when I was there in '96 it was crazy.  I was glad I was running and not trying to get around that place.  So--do any of you have any insider information on the best way to get around and watch a runner?

Mike...here's a couple recent forum discussions on RA which may have something you can use...

Recent spectator discussion

This one is mainly runner stuff, but has some spectator

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Henrun

Mike...here's a couple recent forum discussions on RA which may have something you can use...

Recent spectator discussion

Mike, tell your friend to take a C train(green line) to the end of the line(outbound), Cleveland Circle before the runners start-he'll have a bit of a wait-but it's a great viewing area (:we live 1/2 mile from there).

mrrun

Mike -

my recommendation is Green D line to Woodland, about mile 16. after person goes by, hop back downtown to finish line Hynes and determine where you're going to meet.

other options include Henry's suggestion of Cleveland Circle C line.  that's where we saw lots of folks last year because the crowds are not big.

marj

New skirt in town

Let me preface this by saying that NO ONE NEEDS TO DONATE TO MY RUNNING CAUSE!

Some of you have asked how they can contribute to the cost of the Marathon Masters Partay.  The real answer is that I'm happy to throw this party and there is no contribution necessary!  But for those of you who wish to donate, you can make a donation to the Melanoma Foundation of New England.  Even though I'm a qualified runner at Boston, this is a cause that is near and dear to my heart, so I always run for the MFNE.  My fundraising goal is not very high (as a qualified runner, the goal is quite modest).

But please, please know that not a single one of you needs to donate.  I'm just happy to see you!

Link to my page is here:  http://www.razoo.com/story/Robin-Travers-Fundraising-For-Running-For-Cover-2013-Boston-Marathon

I hope to see whole bunches of you there!!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

He only has eyes for Robin.....we are chopped liver!  BUT, we get PBJ, TheProFromDover and Tramps, hally, WillRunForBeer, predawnrunner, winejunky, OrangeMat, henrun, and TwoCat!!!

YEAH!!!  and MARJ THE MAGNIFICENT!!!   we are two lucky gals Ilene!!

denise

Crossing the finish line at Boston is pretty exciting, but this party is the real reason we're heading north.   Thanks, Robin!

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

New skirt in town

I cannot wait to see you all!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

sucker for bubbles

The Canadian and I are excited to  finally making   it to this party, third times a charm correct?   We will know a few faces but I'm excitred to meeta lot  of folks.

New skirt in town

I will have nametags for everyone, so we don't have to worry about recognizing each other!

--RT

coastwalker

I really want to come down for this get-together - I had a great time meeting new and old friends last year. But I have such a busy schedule for that weekend already and don't know if I can spare the time. I'm still working on finding a way to make it happen.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

New skirt in town

Hope you can make it, Jay!

--Robin

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Robin please add Me and My wife Melissa.

Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Hill Runner

Hi All !
                                I haven't been posting here in a while but when I run Boston one of the highlights of my trip is meeting my old "imaginery" CR, RA & KR friends who got me started on this crazy running obsession Smile
                                I look forward to seeing everyone & this year I won't be late...

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                                Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                                Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13