Masters Running

Thursdaily, 12.13.18 (Read 33 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Wednesday's workouts and stuff:

JlynneWonka - 4.75 mi. at 5AM at 11:00/mi. pace (with some walking over ice) in 32° temps, + 20 min of stretching & core.

Holly - 5.2 miles, with still-achy foot.

Deeze - 1.5 pre-work Fenway miles for the DGAFAOTH challenge.

RunnerKSA - 4.2 lunchtime miles in Brooks Christmas running shoes + 1.3 postwork TM miles.

Tomwhite - out pistol shooting stuff + 40 min X-bike.

runr_nut - EZ 4 mile before incoming snow/rain.

Surly Bill - Hard and fast 5.1 miles, including 3K at 4:20/K.

Falconfixer - 5+ morning miles at 9-min pace in upper 20s temps with foggage.

Mike - 10 miles, incl. 7 at tempo pace.

I've started using different glove liners in my mittens, Jlynne, so my hands are staying warmer (if not warm). Thanks for asking. I would have popped some of those dark chocolate sea-salt caramels too - yumm!

Keep taking care of those feet, Holly.

It's a good thing we have Milktruck for tech support.

Cool Christmas shoes, KSA! I hope your legs are crossed in that photo, cause it looks like you have the shoes on the wrong feet. That customer story is nuts - she wants specific coins back from a purchase she made at least 2 weeks ago? I'm sure your folks hold on to coins for just that reason...right.

Hi Fatozzig!

Dog looks comfy, Surly Bill.

I was out at 4 this AM for 6.25 RW miles in 10° temps under a loosely-clouded sky. It was another of those days when the further I went, the colder I got. The good news, I suppose, is that I kept going faster to try to get warmer, so each mile was faster than the one before.

Have a greta Thursday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thanks, Jay.  The shoes do look like they are on the wrong feet, but my legs weren't crossed and they were on the right feet!  I think it's the angle.

3.1 treadmill miles.  Still fighting a sore throat and it's getting annoying.  I don't get sick often, and this late fall has really hit me for some reason.  I'm trying to figure out why.  I go to the gym more and I get outside less????? 

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Good morning.

Today is the day we made a judgment call about whether or not TriBee is well enough to go up to CT for a visit with my siblings. She's still got a crackly voice and is coughing a little more than usual but is otherwise feeling fine. (And I've managed to avoid the flu so far, too.) At the risk of wiping out my family for the holidays, we're gonna take the plunge tomorrow. The four siblings don't have the opportunity to get together that often and at our age (I'm the youngest, 15 years younger than my oldest brother) you never know how often we'll be able to do this, so I'm glad we'll be able to go.

A 3-mile run for me this morning. Another melt-refreeze yesterday and last night so it was slick out there.

Be safe. Be kind.

Joe618

Morning all, and all to come.   Thanks for the recap, Jay!

Out early today on a clear, cold pre-dawn run.    Venus hung brightly in the eastern sky, vividly outshining all else in the night sky.   Ground was very frosty from the combination of high humidity, no wind and mid 20s temps.   Made for a refreshing 3+ miles. 

Off to what, at the moment, appears a fairly normal Thursday.   I say that, shuddering slightly, wondering just what WILL happen.

Mitten liners...those work for me too.  Even a light pair inside the big mittens make a difference.

Enjoy your Thursdays!   And be careful where you spend those precious, valuable coins in your pocket.....you might not get that 1995 dime back....KSA, you need to suggest to your Stellar Customer she start using this method to track her valuable coinage.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Marathon Maniac #957

Morning folks.

KSA - there are some very strange people out there.....

Tamps - sounds like you should be okay for the trip.  Just don't let any of your brothers kiss your wife....

No run for me today, swimming instead, 50 times across the pool (1250 yards) with a 2-3 second rest after each length.

Today we have a client appreciation event at the office from 4-7pm, where we are expected to mingle with clients and be pleasant, etc.  There will be food and drink, but still...I tend to keep sneaking off to my office to get work done during these events.....

In spite of having no alcohol or Doritos during the work week, I think I am still gaining weight.  Darn people keep bringing these really high-calorie foods to work and leaving them in the break room.  I will just be walking innocently by when a donut will literally pin me to the wall and force its way into my mouth.  Seriously.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

3.1 treadmill miles.  Still fighting a sore throat and it's getting annoying.  I don't get sick often, and this late fall has really hit me for some reason.  I'm trying to figure out why.  I go to the gym more and I get outside less????? 

More germs in the gym than outside, that's for sure! And with the busy schedule you've been keeping these last few months, your immune system is probably not up to speed. Take care!

Thanks for the recap Jay. 10°? Brrrr!!

Tramps - there's 15 years between me and my oldest brother. My siblings don't get the opportunity to get together real often. I say go and add a "hug at your own risk" disclaimer when you get there.

Hoping your Thursday stays normal Joe.

I'm with 'ya on food mysteriously ending up on my plate/in my stomach lately Holly. We had a Y girls party last night, and despite trying to make good choices with veggies and salad, I still had 2 glasses of wine and one BIG Christmas cookie that had frosting about an inch thick on it.

Hi Mike! How's that Christmas letter coming along?

For a change of pace, I went to a different Y with DH this morning (trying to keep him motivated since he's also been gaining weight). An hour on the elliptical and 20 minutes of core and stretching. I have another personal training session this afternoon. While I haven't lost any weight, my clothes are starting to feel just a tad bit looser. If I could just put down the fork....

I will just be walking innocently by when a donut will literally pin me to the wall and force its way into my mouth.  Seriously.

I have to make a concerted effort to eat the treats in the kitchen since it's down the hall from me, nowhere near the bathroom, and I don't "have" to go by it when I go downstairs, but . . .

Love the dog pic, Surly.

Great shoes, Karen!!

Tramps - Sometimes you just gotta do whatcha gotta do.

Bless my nurse practitioner's heart - they listened to my tale of woe Tuesday, ordered a blood workup for me yesterday, had scheduled me to come in today for an EKG, but called me yesterday at 3:00 and said can you come now (yes!), and they got all my pre-op stuff done at last minute.  I was in a HUGE state of panic on Tuesday that it wasn't going to get done.  Then I found out from my FNP that her dad is extremely ill and may very well be dying and she was waiting to hear from his physician if she needed to try and find a flight out to Utah last night or could wait until today.  I got pretty teary-eyed when she was talking about it.  On top of all that stress, they worked me into the schedule.  I took them a 1 lb box of locally-made candy with a thank you card.  With all my complaining about local health care, she is truly one of the best.

Spending long days trying to get things in order here for when I'm gone.  I'm just too tired mentally and physically to get in any workouts, even though I know they'd help.  But a new year is just around the corner, right?

Off to the races!

Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie - very cool.

I have my heater fan on in my office and am sitting with a sweater over my lap because my legs are cold.  I told my office manager, "I was warm at home, why do I always forget how cold it is in this office?" and he said, "Because you expect it to be warm in Hell."  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks jay.
                    You and Steve are a great team.
                    2-miles + 500+ stairs to get into the morning

recap for the first time in a while.

Holly's "warm in hell's" a good one.

So is getting pinned to the wall by a donut.

1,250 yds very impressive too.

You're in good form today, Holly.

Now go cheer up hell too, . .

I mean the office

What a super FNP for Leslie.

Since I switched to DW's PCP,

and got referred out for the stomach

mesh implants last year, I actually

look forward to the doctor's office

for the first time since grade school

days and Dr.  Whitehead.

I haven’t run around the ‘hood since summertime or, in fact, done any running for the sake of running without needing to go somewhere I needed to go anyway since summertime and wasn’t planning to do anything today either until joining up with 87-yo IM mentor this afternoon at one of his pool therapy sessions but, somehow, I started feeling guilty about posting all the time without doing any running so went out in this morning’s mini-mist for one of the 400 stair loops that was about all could do for a year or so before the mesh implants seem to have gotten me into such better shape that I doubled the last set for a 500-stair total today before going back and getting breakfast for DW while she recovers from some tennis shoulder issues and, coincidentally, watching an NHK travelog featuring the 1,268 stairs on the trek up to Konpira Shrine I once did six times in one long day over in Japan consecutively in one and then two-pronged wooden geta sandals, straw waraji sandals, fabric zori thongs, jika-tabi split toes and nothing at all.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Leslie - very cool.

I have my heater fan on in my office and am sitting with a sweater over my lap because my legs are cold.  I told my office manager, "I was warm at home, why do I always forget how cold it is in this office?" and he said, "Because you expect it to be warm in Hell."  

I think Tet meant 'cheer the hell up'?  And do be careful of the attack donuts.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dave59

Hey, it's Thursday and it's still light out! Yesterday we tried to run a new process at work and ran into a few problems. As I was fixing those I ran into a major item that should have been part of the project but no one told me about it.  Since then I have been manually changing information to undo everything we did. I just finished and I feel like Rip Van Winkle. Even though it's only been a day it feels like years have passed.

Last night I had beer and microwave popcorn for dinner.  Cheerios and lots of coffee for breakfast. It is like being back in the 80's as a young coder fresh on the job.  Now that I have a break I made myself some Campbell's Homestyle Chicken Noodle soup.  It tastes like a gourmet meal. 

Obviously, no running or workouts yesterday or today, but it's only 1:30 so who knows, maybe I'll do something this afternoon.  First I have to dig out from under everything left stacked on my desk. I've got to get it organized before I forget everything that I did.  

In 21 days, 10 hours, 22 minutes, and 42 seconds I will turn 60.  But who's counting.

...yep, Donut Attacks are the Worst.....

=========

bumping 60 today/////////

60-Min HeavyHands

at soccer fields,

3-lb boots, 3-lb hand weights................Yowza////////

good Running to ya.....................[[[fatozzig]]]

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

New AG, Dave -- bottom of new AG at that!

Holly, after a group party Tuesday and after eating a lot of "heavy hors d'oeuvres", for dessert I couldn't decide among cheesecake, pineapple upside-down cake, or a decorated cupcake. Need I tell you the solution to my dilemma...?

Nice shoes, Karen. Don't think I could get away with wearing them, though.

After finding out in the AM that I might be in line for a root canal (yea!), I planned on going to the gym this afternoon. But geez, it was sunny and 40 (aka "summer" in December), so I went out for a (very rare) PM run. The nearby rail-trail was mostly melted off and it drains very well (no mud), so I had a very good 3.6-mile run all things considered. I may have worked off about half the cheesecake. 

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

Last night I had beer and microwave popcorn for dinner.  

This hits all the important food groups...plus plenty of fiber....

This hits all the important food groups...plus plenty of fiber....

Melt some brown sugar with the butter, drizzle on popcorn and sprinkle nutritional (aka brewer's) yeast on top of that and things will get down right gourmet.

Love the "Hell" comment, Holly.

Short lunch - works calls.  Later ~~

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance