Masters Running

Tuesday 10/9 and everything's fine. (Read 40 times)

SteveP

Tramps was swamped on his five miler run.

Jlynne had a nice 1:20 cardio/weights work out.

Henrun doing the R&R before the H&H.

Dave59 pushed the ARC to the limits for an hour.

Stumpy had a rise and shine 5K. No the kids are making his own private and personal course a race.

Mrrun fartleking around with plans to check out the local 10K.

Falconfixer changes up his routine for a speedy 8 miles.

HollyS got a warm 5.1.

TammyinGP back from a fantastic weekend. 25K Condor through some Northern forest.

Surly Bill was denied at the post office.

AnneB doesn't know if her wardrobe is coming or going. Nice day light 6 though.

Was that Fatozzig?

RunnerKSA, what a horrible thing to happen. I'm thankful it wasn't worse and that the driver stopped.

Joe618 in marathon meeting sessions. Run when you can.

The beloved Milk Truck checks in.

Twocat is putting the physical therapist through the paces. Could we expect anything less.

RunnerKSA checks back in with a triumphant 2. When DD#2 was in ICU, a police officer had to sit outside the room of a criminal who was on life support waiting for the courts or family to pull the plug.

Wildchild has a cool 2 in gangsta gear.

Bioguy is a class act.

Spacityrunner 2.3 in while enjoying her foster child.

Mariposai proves once again that she's a top shelf material.

MikeE has been counting blessings and mixing up numbers for his 10 miles.

Evanflein has s stunning Sunday 19.1 and reminds us of some of the challenges faced in the extreme North.

I requested a handful of reports where I need to go through each line and lay eyes on each item associated with that line number. 15 pages with 62 lines each. Our company hosted the Home Builder's Association's annual membership board meeting. Some of our staff had been requested to work the event. Myself included. Between surges, I had my nose in the numbers. I used the "Idiot" word a lot. The boss who left 6ish months ago gave me his card, said he missed me and asked me to call him.

If I start burning out, I'll pass on the daily.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Steve  we wouldn't blame you, you have been doing a wonderful job, but we do not want you to burn out.

Erika and Carolyn - snow!  Say it ain't so!  We hit 87 degrees here yesterday, tying the record set in 1963.  Today should hit 86. Extremely warm for October in Ohio, but it will only last one more day, then we head into the cool temps we usually expect about now.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Thanks for the summary, Steve.

I have been away for a few days - getting ready for a marathon training session.  I'll run the Hartford marathon on Saturday as a long run.  My goal marathon is Chickamauga in early November.  We'll see how Saturday goes.  Last Sunday, I went for 20 on the airline trail.  Felt okay - nothing special.  Probably because it was on tired legs.  Saturday was a 7 miler at 8:00 pace.

Yesterday - no running.  Just spinnerooni (2x) and a fizzy lifting session.  The schedule calls for an 8 mile easy run today.  Think I'll use the cardio cinema treadmill - hope it's a good movie today.

Hang in there everyone - cooler temps are on the horizon...

Tramps

PBJ--Hey!

KSA--glad it wasn't worse for your DD.

Falcon--hope the storm misses you.

Mike--what Erika said. 

Erika--sadly, your lack of snow is probably not a good thing in the bigger picture. That UN report this week is pretty sobering.

No snow here (sadly).  Warm, muggy, and foggy with periods of drizzle during a 22 mile ride this morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Morning, all.

3.1 miles in a little fog.  Damp, but pleasant.  managed to be under 10 m/m pace, which is improvement for me these days.

After my early morning yesterday, I went wild and left 15 minutes early.  Forgot about the little detail that 2/3 of the people in Mass were heading home after the long weekend.   Ended up getting home 15 minutes later than normal.  Bleh.

Ready for cooler weather, just maybe not snow QUITE yet.

KSA--imagine DD is quite a bit sorer today.  Hope recovery proceeds smoothly.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

5.2 miles for me this morning in 69 degrees...probably will hit the Y after work for the spin/weights class.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

2nd day of no running for me but surprisingly not sore from Sunday's trail race. Either the DOMS haven't set in yet, or I could have run faster. 
                Board meeting tonight. 
                Happy Birthday Liz!!!  I was lucky that I got to spend this time last year at Liz's place and celebrate her birthday with her.

Tammy

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

72F

3.01 miles according to The Plan.

Last evening, I rode my new blue bike 16.70 miles.  So, my legs were wondering how they would do this morning. Never fear, dear legs!  You have it in you!

Plan: walk 4 minutes.  run 2 minutes.  I adjusted so I could walk up hills in Skipwith and run down hills in Skipwith. However. You might think I should just skip while in that neighborhood, but. There was no one to Skip with!  The r.s. and Jane and Camiel and Bob all went for a run in the opposite direction.  They skipped Skipwith.

The r.s. AKA Pops and rcg AKA Baba, had dear GS last weekend.  Lilmissrosie and her DH celebrated their 5th wedding anniversary with a "Pack Up and Go" weekend.  (google it)

They ended up in Pittsburgh!  And had a wonderful time. Their trip included a stop at Antietam on the way there and a stop at Falling Water on the way back. However, they did not tour Falling Water because the queue was too long.

Be well, dear Boomers... ha ha ha ha... I mean RA Masters!

Your friend,

RCG

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

KSA - Wow!  So happy your daughter wasn't hurt more seriously.  And yeah - what's with this "jogging" thing??

Steve - You do a grand job.  Thanks.

1 hr of core/ST with PT exercises.

PT yesterday whereat my therapist did a lot of stretching and pulling on my right hip to try and loosen things up.  Used a seat belt wrapped around my tight to his waist, then moved my leg to different positions.  He must've done this about at least 10 min.  Me thinks his arms and hips might be a bit sore today.  I, however, seem to have a little less irritation in The Spot.  Also got a new stretch that I'm supposed to do 5 x 1 min two times a day.

My PT also suggested I try to get some exercises on an elliptical since when I use it at PT it doesn't bother me.  So I checked out Planet Fitness yesterday.  They have a butt-load of ellipticals, so I think I'm going to join until I can start running again.  It'll at least let me work on getting my stamina back up and getting back into shape.

It kinda feels like the walls are caving in on  me here at work, but say-lah-vee, right?

That's about it.  Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

RCG - the Pack Up and Go weekend sounds like great fun!

coastwalker

Hi all,

Just checking in to post this morning's workout before getting back to work 'cause I'm really behind schedule today.

I was wide awake at 2AM, and after losing the battle to get back to sleep, I got up got some work done, and got ready to head out. 10.3 RW miles in 56° temps, starting at 3:45. Yeah, I'm dragging this afternoon.

Have a greta Tuesday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

anneb

Today is a work from home day for me, so another opportunity to run in daylight (9:30!) When I WFH I usually get up around 7, wake/feed/walk the aging pup and then catch up on work. If there's not much going on, I sneak out sometime mid morning to run, then spend basically the rest of the day working. It's nice to not have to commute! So I ran the same 6 miles as yesterday (practically even the same time, lol).

It's currently 86, even hotter than yesterday. I'm running a half marathon this Saturday; the overnight low for Friday is 33. I have no idea what I'll be wearing! I'll have to think about it, at least enough to find the winter stuff I might need! Haven't even worn a long sleeve tee yet this year.

Anne

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Jogging - with my RunningBarefoot group attributing jogging to the jarring heel striking typically associated with one-foot-or-the-other being in contact with the ground (like RW’ing but somewhat more lazurely), running is characterized by mid/forefoot landings permitting both feet to be up in the air at some point, even if only slightly at some of our 15m/m and slower paces, it doesn’t matter.  

Car encounters

crossing (with other pedestrians) with the WALK sign at a busy intersection and a woman came around a bus and ran the red light. The driver wasn't going very fast, fortunately.

KSA - scary but me too with a very whewy for the outcome
                            Fortunately, only happened in stop/walk intersections in the International District so no speed involved or damage done but, since being grazed three times in 2014 by distracted drivers coming around corners while looking at their cell phones, I’ve always stood around on the corners ever since pretending to fiddle with my cell phone, make calls, etc. to wait for the benefit of crossing with someone else, . . . same as I often hold up my own pedesrian progress to provide some protection for the even-more-elderly seeking to cross the street too, . . . or so I thought it was safer to cross with someone else.
                            Note: though Washington aims for zero bicycle and pedestrian deaths by 2030,

the latest WSDOT report has them doubling from 60 in 2013 to 122 in 2017.
                            Mizzly ‘muting - though I thought this morning’s 53o would be warm enough to cycle over to the secluded lake shore park I’ve come to like for a little run on the grass and sand, by the time I got there, the mizzle’d become rain so I went back.

ps two cat - now world records but, in addition to the Euro citizen record,

third place Chicago went to a Japanese runner's national record 2:05:50.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

wildchild

Carolyn

PBJ - good luck at Hartford!

RCG - how nice that you got to babysit your GS last weekend!  How old is he now?

Leslie - I think ellipticals are almost as fun as treadmills, which is to say, not at all, but I guess they beat not doing anything at all...

It's still cold and snowy here, but I bundled up and ran 6 miles around the 'hood.  I dressed about right, so it wasn't too bad. Just hard to get used to after the nice fall weather we've been having.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

bioguy

Home late from school today; parents doing battle on behalf of their little darlings and their drama. Few things (if any) are more irritating to me than kids who come to school with zero interest in their education . Neither child in this scenario could spell C-A-T if you spotted them the c and the t. Yet they have zero social skills and that’s what their moms only care about.

ok, rant over. 3.2 today.

Tailwinds!