Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP W/E JAN 25 (Read 380 times)

nowor

Dark Horse-9 mi Dg-19.2 miles running, 31.5 miles biking,25 min. ellipticalling, 2 hr. 50 min. strength training Great start in the COLD Dutchie- 39.8K + self defense work UB and LB Super! EGH3-40 mi + weights, Welcome! eliz-14.6 running; 3.0 walking evanflein- 36.37 miles running and 1.1 miles walking (Including spikes and self medication) evryday- 0...one of those weeks fatozzig-13.25 mi...feel better soon lyndenrunner- nowor-16 miles + gym + yoga...shoveling pfriese- 45.6 miles running - All goals met! tetsujin-
    evanflein

Thanks, Nowor! I've got last week all totaled and posted. Gotta get my schedule firmed up for the next couple of weeks. Sort of feel like I'm drifting. Hi Dark Horse!! I was just thinking about you the other day and hope you're doing better. Monday: 4 miles easy pace on the treadmill, .66 mile walk w/u and c/d; 15 minutes weights (upper back/chest) Tuesday: 5.25 miles on the treadmill with 5 x .5 mile @ 8 m/m w/.25 recoveries @ 8:34; .5 mile walk Wednesday: 8.3 miles outside on the trails, -8F avg temp, 8:48 avg pace Thursday: 5 miles on the 'mill, 8:30 avg pace; .5 mile walk Friday: Rest Day... Saturday: 9 miles on icy graded hardpack, yowza that gets tuff; .4 mile walk c/d Sunday: 14.5 miles at 8F temp (nice!), .4 mile walk c/d Totals: 46.1 mile run, 2 miles walked, 15 minutes of weights
      nowor

OK, despite c-o-l-d I temps met last week's goals so in the face of dubious running weather here's hopes for this week M-Run T-strength class W-Run Th-ball/core class Fr- Run Su-yoga
          Thanks, Nowor. Mon ------------ 3+ miles run; strength/core --------------------- Done: (9:46 ap) Tues ---------- 5 miles w/5-10 hill repeats ---------------------- Done: 6 long, steep hill repeats around Mile 4; 10:28 ap Wed ----------- 30+ min bike; strength/core---------------------- Done Thurs --------- 5 miles fartlek, 6 x 3 min -------------------------- Test - No Workout Fri -------------- 3+ miles run; strength/core ---------------------- Will try in the p.m./ 5 miles, 9:59 ap Sat ------------- 14-mile trail run ------------------------------------- 5.5 miles, 13:37 ap (ugh!) Sun ------------ Rest 19.5 measly miles. Black eye

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dutchie42

Morning Nowor, and thanks for starting the thread! I've decided to try and get ready for a unique marathon on 14 June. One of our Dutch towns will be holding town privileges for 750 years and will celebrate. They'll organise a marathon especially for the occassion which will lead you thru some of the city's highlights, normally not accessible to runners, like the zoo, the historic train station, military terrain, historic train factory, fire station etc. I just hope my foot cooperates. If not, I'll run the half, but then I'll miss out on some of those unique locations. Nowor: what are core/ball classes? Fattozig: did you find out what's wrong with you? Mon...UB...................................................................> did a 30 min. pyramid style endurance strength w/o plus abs this morning. Tue...7K intervals....................................................> 8.75K mix of intervals and a progressive run, followed by a 20 min LB endurance w/o. Feeling sleepy, but good. Wed..chest/back and self defense class...........> heavy strength training for C/Ba this morning. Plus abs. And self defense class. Tough one again. I have a hard time falling asleep after my class. I'm way too awake! Thu....10K easy.......................................................> my day did not go as planned. Nothing to report. Fri......LB+shoulders..............................................> heavy weight training for my shoulders and a tough endurance LB w/o. Sat.....6.5K +bis and tris........................................> heavy strength training for biceps and triceps. Added abs. Finished with a 10K run with Spooky Sun....10K charity race...........................................> icey roads and bike paths. Haven't forgotten what happened to my knees when I ran a 5K race on an icey course a few weeks ago. I'm being smart and skipping today's 10K race.. There will be others. Total mileage: 18.75K, sad but true.

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Thanks nowor.....and erika did you help? I won't be running much this week, but if I was running, here is what the schedule would look like. Smile I'm looking to do a bit more restoration this week. Mon....rest.........0 Tues...6 miles..............0 Wed...6 miles.........0 Thurs..rest.............0 Frid....6miles.........0 Sat....rest................0 Sun...15miles........0 Total....0
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                Thanks, nowor. Smile Monday: 50 pushups, 200 situps, 30 leg curls, 30 arm curls, 30 lat pulldowns Tuesday: --- Wednesday: --- Thursday: --- Friday: 3 miles on the treadmill Saturday: -- Sunday: -- Totals: 3 miles, 50 pushups, 200 situps, 30 leg curls, 30 arm curls, 30 lat pulldowns Dark Horse
                I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                  Thanks, norwor. Late posting Sunday's run because I didn't have computer access. Managed to run 14.2 and walk 3.0 last week. Monday - walked 2.0 on the beach in the snow Smile (too slippery on the boardwalk, and too squishy on the beach at almost-high tide to run) Tuesday - walked 1.1 mile and ran 2.1 miserable miles - cold, dark, windy, icy - can't deal with all four of those at once! stretching and doing abs/upper body strength stuff, too Wednesday - colder, but less wind and better dressed; walked 1.0, ran 2.3; less miserable Smile Thursday - rest; feeling exceptionally tired Friday - skipped rehearsal to run, but ended up sleeping almost 12 hours straight - clearly I needed rest more than running Saturday - ran 4.0, walked 1.0; tired afterward; maybe another 12 hour sleep tonight? Shocked Sunday - ran 3.5, walked 1.0 on the boardwalk; best I've felt all week Smile totals: ran 11.9, walked 6.0; one day of strength - it's a start with the XT, anyway Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Dark Horse - Welcome back. Dutchie - Not yet. I have a test on Thursday to try and induce a gall bladder attack. Shocked If that doesn't work, then we go forward with something else. Roll eyes Patiently waiting . . . . . .

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

pfriese

nowor, thanks for the summaries and summations.
                      DayMilesComment
                      Monday7.6 miles running - done9:29/mile avg pace
                      Tuesday7.8 miles running - done9:19/mile avg pace
                      Wednesday7.7 miles running - done9:23/mile avg pace
                      Thursday4.7 miles running - done9:39/mile avg pace
                      Fridayrest day - done
                      Saturday7.0 miles running - donetreadmill
                      Sundayrest day - done
                      Total34.8 miles running - Done
                      Paul
                      dg.

nowor, thanks! uh oh. Shocked . A slight error in my last weeks summary. I didn't do 35 miles on the bike. I did 35 min. I'm sorry! Embarrassed time to catch up Blush this is still a rehab week, but things seem to be improving. Mon: 35 min. .. strength training, which was the injured runner dvd & some other new core stuff. Tues: 4.03 miles, 10.05 pace. 17:43 min. on the elliptical, 15 min. lower body weight machines Wed: 1 hr. strength training. Verstegen's prehab, injured runner dvd, couple of other things Thurs: 5:21 miles, 9:55 pace. 35 min. strength training, 2 sets lower body weight machines, lat pulldowns, stab. ball reverse crunches & side planks Fri: 4.15 miles, 9:22 pace, 18:07 min. on the bike, 15 min. strength training,... 1 set upper body weight machines & side planks. Sat: 1/2 hr. verstegen's prehab, 15 min. or so of callanetics & SR hammie curls Sun: 8.05 miles, 0°, 10:00 min. pace, 1/2 arc trainer, 10 min. on the recumbent bike, 35-40 min. strength training.. 1 circuit of upper & lower body weight machines, the stab. ball, 2 sets reverse crunches & russian twists, side planks 1.5 min. each side. totals... 21.4 miles running, walking I didn't keep track of, elliptical, 47.43 minutes. bike, 28.13 minutes, Blush strength training, 4 hrs. minimal snow shoveling. Wink. thanks again, nowor.