Masters Running

November Masters Miles Awards (Read 463 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Jeez, the new guys are looking for the monthly miles thread already - and the month isn't even over yet!   Still HOURS left to go run more miles!

Anyway, this is where you post your monthly mileage total, any PRs, AG awards, and anything else you'd like to share about how your month went.  In addition to running (and racewalking, for Jay!), you can also post biking, swimming, and other cross training that you happen to keep track of.

Awards are given two- or sometimes three-deep, for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, and anything else I think is award-worthy.  You won't win money or prizes, though, just the admiration and envy of your peers....  Joking

This month's photo is from one of the more interesting sections of "trail"  from the Moab Trail Marathon:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks Carolyn.

\You sure had two great marathons this month.

Three runs in November shot me past the 400 mile mark for the first time since 2009.

tetsujin - 78.6 miles

YTD - 417.82

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

#artbydmcbride

Nov = 194 miles

ytd 2045.5 miles

one half mary (PR!)

one monkey marathon

one 10k

Runners run

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Hooboy, what a month! One canceled marathon (NYC), one substitute marathon (Harrisburg, with almost a 17-minute PR), and one Monkey marathon a week later, granting me membership in the Marathon Maniacs club. Plus I got to meet a whole bunch of imaginary runner friends (old and new) at the first race that I've ever flown to on my own. And to think, my total mileage for the month only came to 139.5.... 

A paltry 65 miles for November, caused by a general slacking off after my Goal Triathlon.  4th in AG for my first International Triathlon.  Had so much fun I've already signed up for my 1st Half IM at the same Triathlon next November.

If I do about the same amount for December I'll eke out 1,000 miles for the year.  (About half what I've done each of the last 6 years.)  Biking and swimming are way up though.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Dave59

Nov = 194 miles

ytd 2045.5 miles

one half mary (PR!)

one monkey marathon

one 10k

You always seem so quiet and peaceful especially with those cat avatar's but you really rack up some serious (& impressive) mileage. 

Dave59

Just 53.1 for me this month.

The doctor says there is nothing wrong with me so I guess I'll start running more in December.  If I get sick again it must just be in my mind.

TammyinGP

I dare Tet to go for 100 miles in December!

I've got you all beat so far on lowest mileage. In fact, I wasn't even going to contribute, but figured an insane runner like Dopple was going to chime in with his thousand miles so if I can bring the average down I'll do my part.

46.6 miles

eta: forgot to log a run into my RA running log.

new total: 50.9

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

no kidding tammy, I was thinking of it, however in the context of asking lynden to run an extra 21.4 miles for me tonight. If I can do some of them with you, I'll put a hundred mile month on the agenda for next year.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I'm at 94.8 for the month,not including today. Glad I added it up because I had the flu over the weekend and called in sick Monday,so that kind of killed this weeks/months milage. Now that I feel better and see my total I'll go out and make sure I do at LEAST 5.2 tonight so I can be over 100 for the month.

Edit-Just got in from tonights run. I did 6.2 to put me at 101 miles for the month.

I see you report PR's in this thread?

First off, I don't run a lot of races,but I do keep track of my personal bests according to my Garmin. As I get more running experience under my belt,maybe I'll do more races next year. It's really hard to plan ANYTHING raising 7 kids though.

Anyway,I did talk my family into doing a 5K on Thanksgiving morning. I had a PR of 24:31. I should explain I used to run 5K's a heck of a lot faster than this years ago,but I'm just going by my PR's since I started running again in April.

My son in the Nike shirt ran a 21:10-His first race ever!He is not even a "runner". He gets plenty of exercise at his football,basketball,ect practices,but he does not run! Oh to be young again!

My son fresh out of Marines (with the jarhead haircut),ran a 25:20. Ooops,looks like the old man beat him.

Jeff F

Free Beer

First time posting on the monthly miles forum.

I just went out for my last run of the month, needed 8 miles to hit 100.  It was such a beautiful evening I ran 9.1 to put me at 101 (what an overachiever).  First month I hit 100 since July.

MTD - 101

YTD - 852.2 (about half of last year)

One 5K race - 2AG

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

58.5 for November. I'm not sure on the yearly total. I wasn't good at keeping track the early part of the year, because I was planning on not running much at all. Since May 1 I've run 397.6.

The last two years I ran over 1000 miles and I'm planning for 1250 next year. Good thing I found you guys to keep me on track.

delicate flower

NOOB.  Having only been here a week, I would understand if I don't count yet.  Big grin

November was a month of personal bests for me:

• Most miles in a month:  244.98.  A PR by almost 30 miles.
                            • 5 weeks in a row now of 50+ miles.
                            • Most elevation gain in a month.
                            • 19 day streak and counting.  
                            • Passed 2000 miles for the year.  Currently sitting at 2066.89.  Last year, my first year, I ran 1070 miles.

I ran my first trail race too.  It was a hilly 8K that I managed to run at my 10K road pace (7:48).  I was happy with that.

I only started running in February of last year, and the last couple of months it feels like my running is really starting to come together.    

<3

C-R

WTG Illene - only 205 to 2250. Big grin

156 and change for me this month.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

I had some knee soreness/swelling causing a back off in miles but no stoppage.

November: 142.8 (25 month 200+ mile streak was broken)

2012 YTD:  2614

Streak of 114 40+mile weeks fell too

but.... running streak is unbroken at 836 days (6,460 miles)

and knee is improving with the lower mileage :-)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova