Masters Running

November Masters Miles Awards (Read 463 times)

#artbydmcbride

You always seem so quiet and peaceful especially with those cat avatar's but you really rack up some serious (& impressive) mileage. 

I'm just a pussycat on the interwebs, but a cougar on the streets!  Cool

....wait.....Blush

C-R!!!

Runners run

I'm B-A-C-K! Joking

291 miles for November

6k PR (because I had never raced one before...'tis all)

Thanks wildchild!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Thanks for starting once again, Carolyn--looks like you might have a few more to tabulate this month.

55.3 miles for me.  way down the list, but the most since July.  If I hadn't wimped out yesterday, it would have been several months more.  Small progress.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Only 40 . Hurt knee on the 17th. Hope to start back in 1 to 2 weeks

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Mariposai

I had some knee soreness/swelling causing a back off in miles but no stoppage.

November: 142.8 (25 month 200+ mile streak was broken)

2012 YTD:  2614

Streak of 114 40+mile weeks fell too

but.... running streak is unbroken at 836 days (6,460 miles)

and knee is improving with the lower mileage :-)

It is so good to see you here!!!

191 miles with some serious gym hours to strengthen the core.

Drake, what a sweet family event! Congrats for inspiring your whole family to participate in the 5k! Way to go.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

134.5 miles for November. Almost didn't beat July's miserable mileage, but I managed to eek out .3 more to do it. 

1755.2 for the year. I'd have to have an almost PR month to hit 2,000... possible but highly unlikely. Oh well.

Sweet mileage there, CNYrunner! 

Take care of that knee, Perch.... there's not much of it left!

Slo

Ilene...Big grin

200.1 for November

1895 YTD

coastwalker

Another spectacular photo, Carolyn - thanks for being the monthly mileage monitor.

All I can say is WOW!!! Some very impressive numbers being posted by newbies, regulars, and old friends returning!

110.9 racewalking miles for November. 2 half marathons, including 1st place AG in one.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thanks for doing the November miles Carolyn. Some great running totals and PRs this month.

November: 142.3

YTD:        1557.9

Ran a 5 mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving and came in first in my AG. That's all I got!

Drake, what a sweet family event! Congrats for inspiring your whole family to participate in the 5k! Way to go.

Thanks. We plan on making this a yearly thing. Maybe the teens will actually train for it a little next year so they can beat the old guy.

I wish my son "little Drake"" (who is 1" taller than me) could do more running. He's the one that turned in the 21:10 time. Problem is he is already booked as far as sports go. He is lucky to have 2  weeks a year total between sports teams seasons AND he is trying to bulk up for football. He is the varsity running back for his HS football team (as a sophomore!). He has gained 15 lbs. since August,but he could stand to gain more. Football is his passion,and the coach wants him to gain more if possible. Distance running would contradict what he is trying to do. He eats like a horse trying to gain weight. Right now he is at 6' 0" and 170 lbs. But man is this kid fast,he is not a tackle breaker at this weight,he is a "I'll run a sweep and just try to catch me" runner. Great at the 100 yard dash. If I sound like I'm bragging about him a little- I am. But I just think of his potential at running. Maybe someday of the other sports don't pan out.

Mike E

MM #5615

If I sound like I'm bragging about him a little- I am.

I just hate it when people come on here and brag about their dang ki...oh...never mind.  (Actually, Drake--that's really cool.  Believe me, I've done my fair share and nobody on here has told me to stop, so....brag away!)

Thanks Carolyn!  Although, I don't have a lot to report.  Taking off a week really hurt my mileage...but it helped my heel...so I could run more miles...so I guess, it actually helped my mileage...well, it didn't really help my mileage...okay--that's enough.

Lets see...did I even run a race in November?  No, I did not.  I guess I really didn't do a dang thing in November.  Oh--I know--I signed up for the Kentucky Derby Marathon!  Whew!  I feel much better, now.  Thanks

Nov:   128

2012: 1962.6

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

112.8 miles. Finally back over the century mark after 3 months.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

99.5 miles

Including my first 5K since I started running again...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                            wildchild

Carolyn

November was a terrific running month for me, even though the mileage ended up 2nd lowest of the year at 141.4 miles, because of a week off for a rock climbing trip.   YTD is 1777.9 miles, so like Erika, I'll need a PR mileage month in December to make 2000, which is unlikely but possible.

I ran two truly excellent marathons - Moab Trail Marathon, 3rd AG, and Flying Monkey, 2nd AG and marathon PR!  And one cold half marathon, 1st AG.  And I earned my 2nd maniac star for 6 marathons in 6 months.   And I met a bunch of new imaginary running friends and saw some old friends too.  I had friends at all 3 races this month, which always makes it more fun.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

179.6 and 1381.4 YTD so I should end up similar to last year's mileage.  I've had some excellent training runs this last month.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me