Masters Running

Tuesday 7.17.17 Prime Day! (in real time 7.11.17) (Read 35 times)

mrrun

((Norm and family))

We have 9 yo GD2 with us for 2 days, so yesterday we did a triathlon - biked 4 miles, swam for a bit in local pool, and ran (primarily walked) to local whole foods for milk, yogurt, and carrots.  she fell asleep quite early as did her bubby - her other grandma has her crocheting.  this morning there's rain, so she probably saved from biking too far.  we also went to library where they had 2 of her favorite comic books - heavy reading!

happy tuesday all!

marj

Henrun

While Marj was grandchild sitting I needed to run. Did 2 miles early this am in a gentle rain (sorry 2cat-I'll take my punishment). Amazing how many runners were out. Only the dogs were wearing rain gear🐩

4 miles. Nothing feels easy, but I got it done!  My route from the house is all up and down- not big hills, but almost nothing flat.  Sometimes I just want FLAT!!!!  I have to drive for that.  I do live in a beautiful area/neighborhood with good running, so I'm not complaining.  It just never feels easy.

1.2 treadmill miles after work.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Good morning.

The house I grew up in was right next to a junkyard surrounded by a metal corrugated fence.  When I got my first bike as a little kid, my father taught me how to ride out in the street.  He sat me on the bike, with my mother and siblings watching, and gave me a push to get me started.  I hadn’t quite mastered the balance thing yet so I’m told I leaned a bit toward one side and made a long, graceful arc that ended with a loud head-first crash into that corrugated fence.  There were no helmets in those days and I had a good bruise on my forehead. After a break for ice cream, I got back on and was fine.  (To this day, my brother loves to tell this story.  )

I was reminded of that incident from some 50 years ago as I went out for my first ride on my new bike. I was a little wobbly in places but otherwise fine; no crashes.  I was checking the fit, trying the gears and brakes, and generally getting a feel for it. I did laps on a mostly flat road with only modest traffic, so it was a good practice spot.  20 miles total. Main lesson learned: Easy cycling is much, much easier than easy running. There's no coasting in running.

Sports doc later today. That should be interesting.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mike E

MM #5615

20 miles on your first day, Tramps?  And you're not complaining about your sore butt?  And you didn't get locked into you clipless pedals and fall over?  Wow...very impressive.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Oh no. I lost a week

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Tramps

Oh no. I lost a week

Mike--I wanted to duct tape a cushion to a pair of running shorts but TriBee insisted I buy a real pair of cycling shorts.  They're padded and help a lot. No issues. A century ride would be a different story.  Oh, and I don't have clips yet.

Be safe. Be kind.

C-R

Oh, and I don't have clips yet.

You will. Just go ahead and get them. Then practice in your garage. I recall when they first came to cycling while I was living in HI. I rode with a crew that was pretty serious and they let me tag along. We rode from King Kam park on Saturdays and Sundays and one particular day we finished and noticed a new biker with the high end Cannondale with all the trimmings and a very flashy outfit. Impressive set up. As we were leaving this person heads out for their ride (one way traffic so we are all at the same stop sign). He rides up to the stop sign and has to wait for cross traffic to clear. Well I guess it was the first time with the new Look pedals and as his momentum slows and he's furiously trying to get his cleats out he slowly starts to tip and falls over right in front of one my my riding partners (at the time a pro tri guy). Nothing hurt but the guys pride but there was some serious laughing from the cars. Me too. It was funny because we all had the same experience we just fell at home with no audience. thanks for reminding me of that memory.

5 MAF miles today. A bit faster. Need to burn more fat.

Thanks for all the well wishes about Cody. His crate is still in the living room and every time I pass it I'm still looking to see him look out at me. He was a good companion.

Have fun with those grand kids

Cheers

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

for your reference, Tramps

Tuesday 7.17.17 Prime Day! (Read 20 times)

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

spacityrunner

It's the 17th already??  Time sure does fly!  

Speaking of flying...I was flying on my run tonight..until that last half mile.  Drats...but still pleased in this heat and humidity that I had some pep in my step.  2.5 miles around the workplace.

Trails Rock!

mrrun

guess the grandkid really got to me!!!!!!

biked 7.2 (to her house & back) after a walk to get 6" of her hair cut off.  biking was down heartbreak hill for her - much easier then going home for me which is up heartbreak hill!

tomorrow i'll try to post a run (if my body remembers how!)

marj

20 miles on your first day, Tramps?  And you're not complaining about your sore butt? 

...check with him tomorrow.....

===========

40-min PoolRun with letters

..............Ironically

the Tai Chi Class

I was going to take got cancelled>>>>>it was replaced with a WALKING CLASS...........sigh

............good Running to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

I'm at the office today. I hope I have the willpower to stop at the gym on the way home.

My "new" laptop doesn't have a CD/DVD drive and so for the past year and a half I have been thinking of getting an external USB one.  I used Prime Day as my motivation and got one for $19.

How can we keep coming up with new needs on our claim system?  It's been around for over 30 years.  My list of things to do jumped up yesterday.  Oh well, I'll just keep adding to it until it dies..... or our country moves to single payer health care and I lose my job.

catwhoorg

Labrat

3 miles at lunchtime, started late and had to be back on time.

Now pouring down with thunder, so not going for a ride after work.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Posting from my tablet so necessarily brief. Rode 35 miles on a day with 98% humidity, then stopped at a local institution for my annual coney dog and fries before heading home for a very welcome shower. Then I signed us up for our big Alaska trip next July.. Recent events have inspired us to do everything we can while we're still able!

Hope to get a run in tomorrow if weather permits.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"