Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING w/e 03/14 (Read 507 times)

"Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push.  A smile.  A word of optimism and hope.  And you can do it when things are tough." (Richard M. DeVos - American Businessman and Co-Founder of Amway)

Okee Dokee - Get out there and do you stuff!

Joe - 22.6 miles running; push-ups 750 for week; 1.75 hrs core; 2.5 hrs free weights.

Evryday - 46.5 miles running

Evanflein - 54 miles running and 3.6 miles walking

EGH3 - 30.74 miles running (including a 30k w/the stomach flu), 35 min elliptical, strength training

Stumpy - 6.7 miles running, 70 min elliptical, 1 hr pump class

Dutchie - 46.8 running kilometers, upper body 2x, abs 3x

pfriese - 51.8 running miles, 441 pushups

fatozzig - 55.90 running miles, 30-40 min strength/back (shoulda gone that extra .10)

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest

Tues - 3 or 30; strength/core -------------------------------- 30 min cycling; 45 min core/strength/back

Wed - 10 w/strides --------------------------------------------- 10 miles w/strides in approx. 1:39

Thurs - 3 or 30; strength/core ------------------------------- 3 miles; 45 min strength/core

Fri - Rest

Sat - 26 trail/road miles --------------------------------------- 25.5 miles (10 road, 15.5 trail)

Sun - 18 road miles -------------------------------------------- 18 road miles

Totals: 56.5 road/trail miles, 30 min cycling, 90 min core/strength/back

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Thanks Leslie!

Mon........rest............rest

Tues......9miles.......rest

Wed.......6miles.......9miles

Thurs.....9miles.......9miles

Frid........rest.............rest

Sat.........3miles........6miles

Sun.......20miles......20miles

total....44miles

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks Leslie.  Great quote...

• Mon:  AM - 15 mins Core excercises including 110 push-ups [40, 30, 20, 20]  3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching.  PM- free weights - planned.
          • Tue: AM - 15 mins Core excercises including 130 push-ups [40, 40, 30, 20]  3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching. PM 4.82 mile run.
          • Wed: AM - 15 mins Core excercises including 110 push-ups [40, 30, 20, 20]  3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching. PM - 45 mins Free weights: chest/arms; no leg work.  Tempo run later 5.4 miles.
          • Thur:  15 mins Core excercises including 110 push-ups [30, 30, 30, 20]  3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching.  PM 3 mile easy run @ 8:14 pace.
          • Fri: 15 mins Core excercises including 120 push-ups [40, 30, 30, 20]  3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching.
          • Sat: 15 mins Core excercises including 130 push-ups [40, 30, 30, 30]  3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching.  PM 8 mile run in rain, pace 8:24 despite high winds and traffic.
          • Sun:  15 mins Core excercises including 130 push-ups [30, 30, 30, 30]  3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching. 4.1 mile run 8:08 pace

Total for week: 25.3 miles; 830 push ups; 1.75 hrs core excercies, 95 min free weights. 

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

evanflein

Thanks, Leslie! Wow... and weekly totals already!

Cutback week this week. Yay!

Monday: 15 minutes (1.71 miles) elliptical, 20 minutes weights/abs at lunchtime; 30 min. pool run after work

Tuesday:15 minutes (1.6 miles) elliptical, 18 minutes weights (legs/arms) at lunchtime; 5.1 mile run and .53 mile walk after work

Wednesday: 22 minutes (2.4 miles) elliptical, 10 minutes or so of ab/core; 7.5 miles of hills after work

Thursday: 32 minutes (3.8 miles) elliptical at lunchtime; 5.25 miles run outside after work, .3 mile walk c/d

Friday: 35 minutes pool running

Saturday: 9.4 miles of hilly run (mostly downhill), 8:22 avg pace; .5 mile walk c/d

Sunday: 13 miles for a long run. That's it.

Totals: 40.3 miles run, miles elliptical, 48 minutes weights/core, 1.33 miles walked and 1 hr 5 mins pool running

Dutchie42

Hi everyone, thanks Leslie for getting us going again. I had no internet connection as of Sunday afternoon. Took me till Monday evening to figure out I had to reset the little thingy from the provider...I have to regularly reset the network thingy, but this is the first time I had to reset the provider thingy.

Mon: UB + LB + abs

Done!

Tue: 10K hills (incl 3K for warm up and cooldown) + 20min LB + Abs

Nothing to report but a bad headache.

Wed: 5.5K easy run + LB + abs

Same.

Thu: 12K tempo run (incl. 3K w.u. + c.d.) + 20min LB + Abs

Same.

Fri: UB + abs+ yoga

2.3 kilometer easy run plus a plyo workout

Sat: my first ever relay race! (Roparun team training)

I was in a team of 3 runners, one cyclist and one driver. We ran legs of 1.5 kms in the 1st loop, then 2.0 kms in the 2nd loop (experimenting a little), and again 1.5kms in the 3rd loop. As the kilometers passsed, it got harder and harder. You know, I was sort of relaxing in the car then it was my turn again and I had to step into the rain and cold. Mostly we were exposed to this nasty wind.
              And I did the stupidist thing... Early into the 2nd loop I had to pee, and while running down a river dike looked back at our cyclist to tell her what I was gonna do (so she wouldn't think I'd gone crazy running down the dike) and didn't notice the difference between the road and the dirt. I "misstepped" and injured my R-hip, Arghhhh. It got progressively worse cause we still had about 39 kilometers left to run.
              I made it though. All the way to the finish line. But I got slower and slower. Otoh, I was running way too fast in the first loop running 1.5 kilometers in 8:07 minutes. Way too fast. But my team mates were very fast and I tried to not slow the team down too much. After I injured my hip, I had no choice but to slow down to 10-11 minutes per leg.
              This team running thing was a whole new experience for me. Despite the weather and my hip, it was FUN!
              Left the house at 7AM, got home at 7:40 PM. I was exhausted!

Sun: 7K doggie run

Woke up my legs and hip this morning with a 4.29 kilometer doggie run. Much better run than I thought it would be: legs were still tired and the hip was very noticeable but cooperating. Ofcourse, I let Spike sniff and digg as much as he wanted today. Pee on every blade of grass that took his fancy. So we stopped often.
              I was holding Spike's leash rather than attach it to the belt around my waist. That way, Spike's frequent jumps to the right, or sudden pulls to the left wouldn't stress my R-hip as much. 

Not a good week at all.

Total run mileage: 27.6 kilometers

UB: 1x

LB: 1x

Abs: 1x

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

... and weekly totals already!

Shocking, I know!  My fingers were cramping up on the keyboard.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

M: 0 miles running, 67 pushups - done
                  T: 8 miles running, 68 pushups - done
                  W: 9.9 miles running, 69 pushups - done
                  Th: 7.5 miles running, 70 pushups - done
                  F: 0 miles running, 71 pushups - done
                  Sa: 8K race (37:15 new PR), 72 pushups - done
                  Su: 15.6 miles runing, 73 pushups - done

Paul
                  stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Only a little slow to get started.  Now I have to remember back 4 whole days

Monday:  Yoga.  Done

Tuesday:  4.5 miles.  3.75 miles

Wednesday:  3 miles or x-train.  35 minute elliptical

Thursday:  4.5 miles and strength.   3.2

Friday:  rest. 

Saturday:  x-training  30 minutes ellipticalling and 2+hours trying to teach my 83 yo mom to use a computer.  I'm exhausted.

Sunday:  8 miles 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

pfriese

interesting

Paul