Masters Running

Hump Day! Wednesday July 14 Daily (Read 454 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning Masters!      Thanks for the advice yesterday - all is very much appreciated and I will certainly heed your warnings too.

B'Nellie has an ear infection now, so she was shaking her head 1/2 the night.   I could have sworn that I turned the alarm off at one point, but it went off at 4:50, so I got up and ran 4 miles.   Just took it easy, no sproink today!  10:25 / 10:05 / 10:06 / 10:10 - 158 avg. HR 

We'll be making another donation to the vet today I suppose to get some ear drops.   The kitties are SO SWEET!   I thought for sure they'd stay in the little kennel for a while before exploring but they came right out just purring away and love, love, love people.   Brinkley and B'Nellie are afraid of them, Huntley is curious, and Hailey lays by the kennel wondering if she should be mothering them.  The kitties could care less and go up to the kennel door to check them out.   They were raised around dogs, horses, etc.      No names yet -

OH - we trapped a raccoon last night too!   DH is dropping it off in the wood by his work - 30 miles away.    

I'm sure there will be more.

Happy Hump Day! 

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

6.1 easy pace/effort miles tonight. Worked at keeping the pace easy, or at least the effort and it seemed to pay off.

Perfect Erika.  The pace isn't what's important.  It's effort level feeling easy that you're looking for.  That's the key.  If it's supposed to be an easy day, constantly think "Keep the effort feeling easy and relaxed".  Tinman used to tell me "Run to feel the joy".

DW and I would love to get a kitten but DS is very allergic to cats so that probably won't happen.  He gets within about a zip code of a cat and his eyes get watery and red and he starts sneezing like a madman.  It sort of funny to think that his GF wants to be a Vet.

8 miles total at 8:49 pace this morning with 6 x 1/2 mile at tempo pace.  Not quite full recovery between each.  Work stress had me thinking I wasn't going to be able to manage any tempos miles today so I ran tempo repeats instead.  That worked well and I got through them okay.  I didn't time or track the repeats.  I just ran at an effort level that felt like tempo (HM to 10K pace, but probably more like HM pace today).

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mariposai

Great decision there Byll. I admire your wisdom in looking at the overall picture of the day and not just to obey the miles or efforts spell out in a training plan.

Erika, sweet running last night. Keeping it easy is the key for full recoveries between hard workouts.

Funny, my birthday sister and I posted a happy birthday thread at the exact time. Are we in sync or what!!!

Breakfast in bed, then 4 easy recovery miles for my wings today...just the perfect way to start my day.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Breger – nice run and good idea.

Mariposai - Happy Birthday!

Mary - I expect the dogs are perplexed by the kittens, but will take them in stride in no time.

4 slow and easy miles (ave 10:42) for me today in 67° and 100%, which actually felt refreshingly cool.  I’m still taking it carefully, not wanting to stress my knee too much yet, but it feels fine. Tentatively hopeful for a 20-miler on Sunday.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Holly - hope the long run on Sunday is early - we're looking at temps in the 90s (all week); I assume your temps will be even higher.

Lift step spin for me.  Spin class filled up, and several "usual suspects" were shut out.  Hard to believe in mid-July.  By this time, gym attendance has usually waned significantly.  Must be the humidity.

lamerunner

Good morning. Drizzly and slightly cooler, though of course humid!  6.5 miles for me with some embedded pickups.   

Happy Birthday Mariposai!! 

Holly, glad the knee is feeling better. Take it easy though!

Good runs to all.

Happy Birthday Maraposai!

Happy Birthday Wildchild!

12.6 miles for me at 6:30 am in the steady rain---felt good....then some weed pulling afterwards since the ground was soft. We need about a week of steady rain here---still very dry.

Good news on the knee Holly.

Happy Bday, Nancy and Carolyn!

SRD for me.  Got so PO'd at Willie Will (aka Wilson), I kicked him out of the house at 3:30 this morning.  It's not as bad as it sounds - we leave our garage door cracked and there are a couple of cushy beds the cats can sleep on.  Plus, I don't remember doing it, but I turned on my danged alarm last night and it went off at 4:30.  Grrrrrr!  I ended up sleeping off and on until about 6:45 when a couple more cats came in and began insisting on getting breakfast.  One is large and plopped himself down on my bladder.  That'll get ya moving!

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie - when will you have a RR?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

Happy Wednesday to all!! And another happy birthday to our birthday sisters: WildChild and Mariposai!

I ran a short run last night - only 3.1 miles in my 'hood - so hills and some trails. It felt just right to me last night.  Will get in a longer run tonight though - and it'll be hot - mid 90's - but need to get the body used to running in the heat with CLR coming up. Last year it got in the low 100's during CLR.

My son is doing a "Strength-Speed-Agility" camp at a local high school that is put on by my sports chiro. He also specializes in Sports Performance and Training - so he put together this free camp for 4th-8th graders. It's each weekday evening for the month of July.  My son is absolutely loving this - more than he thought he would. It's only 1:15 each evening, but they are working hard. It's sort of "bootcamp" style, where they move from one drill to another. They do some drills on the football field, then move into the weight room and do strength stuff there and last night they did their speed drills on the track. I think doing a month of these types of drills and training will really help him out with tackle football this fall. I wish I could jump in line and do these drills also!

Tammy

Renee the dog

Mary, I may have to send Renee out for a visit.  She still hasn't stopped looking for her cat friend, who died in the spring.  Every night, she's on the lookout to see if Sylvester is out.  She LOVES cats. 

Did a session of yoga on the bay last night with my dd. This morning, after the skies decided to open up at 4:07 a.m., I had to sprint around the house slamming all the windows and doors shut.  I forgot to start my Garmin , but it was easily 1/10 of a mile by the time I was done.  It was pouring!  And coming in from all sides!

So, I goofed around for almost an hour, then went out with Renee for a 2 miler in the pre-dawn light.  Saw 1 bike, and 1 car (police).  Felt like the off-season!

Tammy, sounds like a fun camp for your ds!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

And another round of birthday greetings for Mariposai and WildChild! You two add a lot to this forum, each with such different styles but similar in the love of the outdoors. Thanks for sharing all that with us!

Feel good after my run last night. Today I'm going to run something similar to Byll's run, but I have to wait till after work. Will try to keep the easy parts easy, but do some striders or repeats or something like that.

Midnight cried for days after Cheyenne died. They were so close. He was about 6 months old when they met and he was terrified of her. But they soon formed a strong bond and spent a lot of time together, in the house and out.

This is one of my favorite pictures of them:

They'd pal around like that a lot.

Mary, I guess that's a long way of saying, I bet your kittens will form strong bonds with the dogs. Especially Hailey because the nurturing urge is strong in her. But I think even Brinkley will come around pretty soon.

I'm always surprised when Holly has 20 milers scheduled in July for a September marathon... Or did you have something earlier on the plan? I can't remember.

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika - the plan is for this to be the first of four 20-milers, each 2 weeks apart, the last one on Aug. 29, which is 3 weeks before the AF Marathon.

I like that picture, too.  Ever think about getting another dog?  You know, just to perk up Midnight?  Now that we have dogs, the house would seem so empty if they were gone.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

That picture is just precious Erika!   I am confident all will be friends eventually, I just don't want to freak out the kittens as I want to keep them as sweet as possible.

Be careful this weekend Holly.    Not only your hamstring but the humidity is suppose to be awful!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

...88-degrees

and no wind today........

.................2hr hiking with stretch breaks.............also The Bugs didn't add to the experience.......

this kind of work-out probably Builds Character.

N0T

..................good running guys..................at least it beats having a Cat on Your Bladder.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....