Masters Running

Election Day Ruins! ( 10+1 / 9 / 16) (Read 38 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Guess nothing else goin' on today

so might as well be happy

it's not last Saturdays rain fest.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

pfriese

5 mile run this morning. It helped a little.

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet - Nice title, just need to remind you that it is November.....

5 miles for me this morning in a windy 45 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

It's been quite a while since I've posted but I have lurked some.  I haven't run since I did the 5K with Steve in Traverse City back in September.  I'm not injured, I just haven't felt like running.  Among other things, my "at least one race a month" streak is over at 165 months.

In one of my last posts, I related that I had a spot on my cheek biopsied and it came back as melanoma in an early stage.  Today, I had an appointment at the melanoma clinic at University of Michigan Hospital.  They think the dermatologist's biopsy got all the melanoma.  To play it safe, and follow standard procedure, I will go back several more times to have more tissue removed to make sure there is a clear margin around the original site.  I feel fortunate that it was caught early and that there's a plan in place.

I hope all of you are well, will continue to lurk, and may occasionally post.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

I will suggest again that the daily remain politics free. I doubt anyone will change their views based on anything here. We might, however, see friendships turned sour.

Today was my first post race workout. I got on the elliptical here at the hotel for a bit. Funny it is a modern version of the one I have at home. The electronics are quite impressive. The march of innovation and progress continues apace or in this case ashuffle.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

I will suggest again that the daily remain politics free. I doubt anyone will change their views based on anything here. We might, however, see friendships turned sour.

..I'll Vote for that.....

..........good to see tselbs checking in.......

==========

..45-min X-Bike standing,,,,,,,off to knoxville tomorrow

hopefully not for an entire week......

..............good running to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Today was my first post race workout. I got on the elliptical here at the hotel for a bit. Funny it is a modern version of the one I have at home. The electronics are quite impressive. The march of innovation and progress continues apace or in this case ashuffle.

I also agree, but ironically, I also feel like this could be one of the few spots that it might be able to conduct a civil discussion.  Sort of like Jay's dinner parties (which I'm still amazed by).

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dave59

Rest day for me.

I went to bed early, got up and checked election results, came to work, and did the same job I've been doing for 32 years.  Life goes on. Not much ever changes.

6.5 miles on my hilly route.  I couldn't run all the hills.  Almost the whole run felt hard, so it was not a particularly enjoyable run.  Some days are like that, but glad I got out there pushed myself.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Well, I'm back to my dull, ordinary life with no cross country team.  Oh, well...only 277 days before we start again!

I have been saying for the last month, or so, that I was going to take some time off to let my hamstring, Achilles, and plantar fascia heal up right after the cross country season was over.  I haven't run since last Friday...that's "some time", isn't it?  Actually, I had been saying 2 months.  I'm going to see how it goes, but I don't see going 2 whole months.

Okay--that's all I got.  See ya!

Mariposai

Nice run Enkie.

Dave, good way to put it!

A gorgeous fall day here today.  I did run 6 on Monday and 4 yesterday, but no desire to run today . Still searching for my lost mojo.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

no run yesterday or today due to stressful work days - very little sleep between my patient crashing at the end of my shift last night, concern about my son, and checking the status of that topic not to be mentioned here ..... seriously tho - was so happy to go check on my pt from last night and see her sitting up in bed holding her baby!!  I really had to hold it together - if she was anywhere else especially a home birth or birthing center she would never have survived. I may not love everything about where I work, but we do have the means to save lives!!

night night, don't let the bed bugs bite!! sleeping in a bit and running with my 6:30 friends instead of my 5:30 group

denise

A 5 miler for me tonight in this beautiful November weather we are having. Started taking a yoga class 3 days a week, hopefully it will help with the flexibility.

evanflein

I've often thought of taking up yoga to work on flexibility. It's supposed to be a great complement to running. Let us know how it goes!

Deez, that's scary, but glad your team was able to make things right. You just never know...

Mariposai, that's where I was Monday, although the no mojo was paired with a feeling of total exhaustion. Must have been my body's way of yelling at me to take a rest day (Sunday's tough run was another signal, but I didn't listen). Hope you find your mojo, but this isn't a bad time of year to misplace it.

So on that note, I took my running stuff to work, but the day never warmed up like the forecast said and I didn't have the right clothes (read, enough clothes) with me. So, came home after work and ran intervals on the treadmill. Good gawd it's been a long time since I've done that, and it showed! 3 mile warm up of gradual increasing pace, then 3 x .5 mile @ 8:00 with .25 mile recoveries, then 2 x .25 mile @ 7:48 with .25 mile recoveries. Then finished up with a couple miles cool down, then walked .25 mile. I had to stop after every repeat and wipe my face and dry off my earbuds... does anyone else have sweaty ears??... and drink water. Goal is to get where I can do several of these without stopping, but for my first effort since last winter (last time on the TM), I guess I'm happy enough with it. 8.1 miles total.

Tomorrow should be in the 20's (should be), so I'll run outside tomorrow afternoon.

SteveP

I hope all of you are well, will continue to lurk, and may occasionally post.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

You've been in my thoughts.

SteveP