Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 10.3.17 (Read 44 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Monday’s workouts:
    Marj (biking)
    HopesMom (morning run/walk with DH and Dusty in 40° temps)
    Spunky57 (5 miles post-work. Heart’s Choice 5K - 2nd woman overall in 1st race in 10 years on Sunday)
    RunnerKSA (1.3 treat-preserving TM miles in Minneapolis on sore marathon legs)
    Tomwhite (stretches & weights on rest day)
    Deez (10.2 morning miles, including some 1-mile repeats)
    Dave (45 morning min on ARC trainer)
    Twocat (6 miles with training partner and camera)
    Mike (9 miles, including 6 at ‘strength’ pace)
    Catwhoorg (5 lunchtime miles + 12 post-work bike miles)
    Evanflein (5.2 sort-of progressive miles, feeling good)

Welcome Spunky57 and the rest of the new folks - it’s great to have you here. We hope you like it and you’ll stay around for a while. Congrats on your 2nd place woman finish, Spunky57, and nice job of letting the kid go in ahead of you.

Keep working that foot, as well as the achilles and calf, Deeze.

Interesting photos, Twocat. I like the first with the camera default settings better. Nice that the gull stayed for both shots.

We had a great trip to Martha’s Vineyard this weekend to visit our nephew and his family. They live in a house next to a lighthouse (the light keeper’s house), overlooking the broad channel between Wood’s Hole and Martha’s Vineyard, MA - a gorgeous location!. We spent time touring the island in perfect early-Fall weather, and then, on Monday morning, watched the ceremony as our nephew was promoted to Master Chief in the Coast Guard. He is in charge of the Menemsha Station Coast Guard facility on Martha’s Vineyard. This is a great promotion for him, and we are very proud of him.

6.1 tempo RW miles at 4 this morning in 46° temps, with dry air and a light, westerly breeze - refreshing!

Gotta go get ready for 8:30 and 10:00 meetings.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

That's me on the right.  Don't we look like we're having fun?    2.3 miles this morning on tired legs.  Back home!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

That sounds awesome, Jay.  I'm envious.

Nice pic, KSA. Congrats.

Opus--interesting background to your screen name.

Welcome Spunky and congrats on your race.

deez--no advice from me but sorry to hear of the heel pain.  Hope you find a solution.

2cat--I'm another one who can't see your photos.

I've been feeling a little "blah" the last few days for no apparent reason.  Maybe fighting something off?  I just felt tired and droopy. I cut my ride short on Sunday, took the day off yesterday and woke up today suddenly feeling back to normal.  Who knows why.

Out for 20-mile ride on another gorgeous autumn morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

RunnerKSA - nice picture!

Twocat - your pictures wouldn't show up for me.

Jay - congrats to your nephew!

5.4 miles for me today in 55 degrees that felt colder than it should have.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, y'all!!  I'm experimenting with single-person multitrack recording to make learning tracks for my quartet and chorus.  I just purchased some software and a pre-amp, so last night I made my first attempt at laying down some tracks.  STEEP learning curve!!  Plus it means that I have to learn, at least for a little while, all four parts of a song.  Needless to say, I was up a little late last night, but I got all of one song recorded.

Editing ... that's another story.  I suspect that will take multiple evenings.  Woo-hoo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Henrun

KSA-nice pic and congrats

2cat-I got the first pic but not the second

wecome to the RW group.

Did 2.7 loop this morning on the local reservoir. Ran faster than in my 5 K Sunday. Weather and terrain were the same-don’t know why.. They still haven’t straightened out my 5K results despite several emails. I’m now listed as 3rd overall at 18 minutes??? I’ve never run that fast!!!

Have I mentioned how much I hate the way the RA forum works!  Posting on a cell phone is a huge hassle. Pictures are a huge hassle. I think eric Smile is trying to drive his viewership to zero. Well, I think I have the pictures fixed. So, for the second time here they are from yesterday's run. First via the camera's default settings. The second with the aperture wide open.

number 2:

Today was a no running day for me. Just an hour on the elliptical. Now back to work.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

mrrun

I can see two pics as did Henrun.  good working with the camera.

what are you using to load pics?

another day of no running, just local biking (about 15 miles)

marj

Quickadder

Started the day with a 5@5 with DD. Temperature at 5am was 76F but at least there was a nice breeze so it felt more like Fall. Ran mostly at DD's pace but I add in a few 'strides' around the various turning circles that brought my total to 5.6 miles at 11:29 average today. Usually I end up with more than a mile extra, but the legs were still tired from the long runs at the weekend and I did fewer circuits of the turning circles than normal.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

catwhoorg

Labrat

I don't ever try to post pictures or anything from my phone.

I rarely even try to use the forum, and keep it strictly text based.

Did a short sharp ride (12 miles at harder effort) at lunchtime so I could have a longer run after work.

Good to mix things up, keep my body guessing at whats coming.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I can confirm that I can't see TCs picture in either IE or Firefox. 

A couple of 3.1 lake loops for me on Sunday and Monday.  Now down in CT (again) for the rest of the week.  Eternal optomist that I am, I packed running gear, but use is not likely since the fitness room doesn't open until 6am.  Possiblity of running after work is about the same.  Have to go buy a micro USB adaptor for the  tablet that I use to download garmin.since it has lost the connection to the keyboard where the regular size USB resides.  It's supposedly a connection that needs to be remade by opening the back--I'm screwing up my courage to attempt it.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I give up. When I looked at the pictures in an incognito tab at home I could see them in Chrome. Same trick here at my office, no dice. Both pictures are in a shared Google Photo album viewable by anyone with the link. The forum software is really, really awful!!!! 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

TammyinGP

fwiw TwoCat - I can see it via Chrome. cool pics. 

XC meet this afternoon, so no time for running other than running around the course.  PreDistrict's so LOTS of schools and the first race where our runners will actually be divided up into JV 2, JV and Varsity runners, so they will be more evenly matched up with similar paced runners.

Tammy

Dave59

I woke up in the middle of the night due to an overwhelming skunk smell. I had to get up and close the window.

I went back to sleep fine, but I woke up feeling very tired. I slept longer but still was (and am) tired. I skipped any type of workout this morning and at work I have just been chipping away at the most important stuff and ignoring the rest. Way too tired to multi-task today.  (There really is no such thing as multitasking when it comes to programming it is really "switch-tasking".)

In my quest to complete the year long Wellness Challenge at work I have to record my food for at least 5 days a week for 6 weeks.  And I have to have a certain number of servings of fruit & vegetables.  My nutrition is pretty bad so this is going to be my hardest challenge yet.  I picked up some grapes, apples, baby spinach, green beans, and V8 Fusion juice.  I've made it 2 days so far. 

Why is there NEVER a Hershey's challenge?!

mta - Life will having meaning again starting tomorrow when hockey season starts. Buffalo's first game is on Thursday. Will it be another futile year of disappointment?

an amazing likeness

I give up. When I looked at the pictures in an incognito tab at home I could see them in Chrome. Same trick here at my office, no dice. Both pictures are in a shared Google Photo album viewable by anyone with the link. The forum software is really, really awful!!!! 

I have empathy for both sides of this problem...

First, by not directly hosting the photos on RA, Eric is avoiding a *significant* administrative issue around copyrights, "take down" orders, propriety of use.  All that is outsourced to the picture hosting site and he's very, very wise to stay away from it in my opinion.

Secondly, Google Photos, which Twocat uses, is horrifically challenging to use in the RA picture post function. Google wants a moat around the photos, so they're nearly impossible to get reliably linked here.  I agree with Twocat, it is a royal pain in the upper hamstring insertion zone.

I've given up on trying to link from Googe Photos to here and just upload any photos I want to use on RA to Facebook (set viewing to "only me" to keep off my "wall" or whatever they call it) and link to those here. Such a crappy solution, to have to download the photo from Google Photos, push it up to Facebook, then grab the url for here.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.