Masters Running

Monday March 24 Pink Pajama Runs and Workouts (Read 47 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

After double checking to see that today was the correct day, DD is heading to school in her pink pajamas....

No run for me today, but 45 minutes or so of weights and core watching Side Effects.  Love that Jude Law...

Happy Monday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

coastwalker

Mornin' Holly, and everyone else!

So, Holly was the last to post yesterday, and the first today. I guess you must like it here!

Mariposai looked perfect in her headwings yesterday!

I didn't wear pink pajamas to work today, but i do have on a red sweater.

Today was an SRD anyway, but I had an awful night's sleep last night - there is just a lot going on these days, and for some reason, a lot of it kept popping into my head last night. One time, when I did fall asleep for a while, I had a dream about not being able to sleep. Was that a Twilight Zone episode? It was 13F when I got up to feed the cat at 4, so I was just as glad to stay in this morning. I hope i don't snore too loud at tonight's 7pm meeting...

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Mike E

MM #5615

It must have been the night for weird dreams. At 3:55 I dreamt the door bell rang. It woke me up, so I went downstairs and checked the door to make sure it really was just a dream. It's a good thing it was...I was still in my undies...which were not pink, by the way.

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

Such a busy group!  I wonder if Robin is speaking to Mike after his Saturday comment??

And I didn't realize but am not surprised that Mike knows Hermosaboy as they travel at those rare speeds.....as do Karin and C-R -CONGRATS, 1:29. wow! (and several other folks I'm omitting, sorry.)

tet, congrats!  So cool you even surprised yourself.  And Dave cracked me up with his advice to you.   Glad to hear SRL was at the race.

Kevin, good news about your injury.  Glad it seems to be minor and good for you for treating it with caution.  I gotta learn that skill.

deez, you had me: when I read your post, I thought you were posting your most recent 5k time, so I saw 21:55 and then when I read, no big deal, I was thinking, whoa, she HAS gotten warp speed fast!   I get it now, that's your bib number.

"April in Paris"   .................ok, I am just envious of you, Paul.  --> me, green with envy.  Want to hear all about it.

Carolyn, your DD continues to impress.  The Seattle folks are incredible, you'll love them, but of course, those other 2 (not too shabby)  schools are probably very much in the running in her considerations!

Nancy, those wings so suit you, and what a super LR.  I NEVER have those, have to actually go to a marathon for that to happen.  Agree with what rhoon wrote.

Hi ras!  That run sounds loopy!  Reminds me of the Zoom Ya Ya Marathon.

Isn't this neat?  I'm going to Reston, VA to visit my college roomie and run the marathon there Sunday.  She and her husband, neither are runners, have found me other runners to run with the day before AND they both volunteered to help at the pasta dinner.  (And he used to run a very classy little restaurant in San Luis Obispo.)

After the 5K Saturday, half marathon Sunday and Red Sox loss at jetBlue SUnday afternoon, my 5 miler this am was veddy veddy turtleish.

And since the drive Sunday caused me to have to get up aound 4 am, I too, am  today.

REALLY, truly sorry about the weather to everyone dealing with the latest wintery blast.  I would be cracking up or    by now.

Please vent away.  You deserve it.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Dave59

I clicked on the thread wondering if there would be a picture of Holly working out in pink pajamas.

Supposed to 5° and snow tomorrow morning.   We still have 6" of snow on the yard and higher piles where I've shoveled.  It is supposed to warm up on Thursday so the question is, will we see the ground before April 1st?

After my self-induced heart issues last Sunday and dropping 8.4 pounds from Saturday to Saturday I am getting my appetite back and have kept the same weight the last 3 mornings.  I had a heart monitor attached to me this morning.  I wear it for 24 hours.  Doctor just wanted to make sure I wasn't skipping heart beats on a regular basis.  I don't think I am having any further flutters.  Should be interesting sleeping with wires hanging off me.

Henrun

((Dave)) not much fun being wired.

Return of the vortex- barely 20 here with a chill factor close to 0-windy. Went out for a short run around our local reservoir. Bright sun despite the cold and the ground was bare for 1st time this year. Won't be if we get snow on Wed. Off to the Y for yoga this afternoon. No pink pj's.

King of PhotoShop

Hope that turns out not to be serious Dave, but good that you are on top of it with your dr.

It was Aamos who got me interested in the Medtronic Global Heroes event, which I participated in in 2010. Saw her there that year, as well as DG and a number of other RA runners. Anyone remember our fun party there?

So now Medtronic has asked me to spread the word, so that is the main topic of my DMN blog post today:

http://runningblog.dallasnews.com/2014/03/medtronic-seeks-running-heroes-maybe-you.html/

Yesterday's brisk 8-miler was followed by an easy 3+ miler in the park. Now I'm packed and headed off to Chattanooga for a couple of days of work.

You'll leave the Pennsylvania Station at a quarter to four, read a magazine and then you're in Baltimore, dinner in the diner, nothin' could be finer, than to have your ham and eggs in Carolina....

Spareribs

lamerunner

Good morning! Long time no see, and thanks Jay for the greeting. Pretty busy lately with DS' late season ski races and work projects.  If anyone wants to ski, there is about 4 feet of soft snow in the woods at Wildcat and at least that much in the back country at higher elevations.  DS has been skiing pretty well; the Spring series races are interesting becuase there are athletes of many ages; he is the absolute youngest allowed to race in the scored races. It becomes more about getting USSA points down as much as possible rather than expecting to podium or even place very high.

I have been running, still moderately but I did get the miles up over 40 the last couple of weeks, which is good by recent standards.  THis morning was a 6.5 miler around town, 11 degrees, sunny and breezy. Not Spring around here just yet... yesterday I did a short hike, which turned out to be difficult becuase the trail was nearly unbroken and there was a lot of new soft snow.

Friday I had a nice approx 9 miler on the snowy bike path near Cannon Mtn where my DS was racing . It is a very pretty path, and does get groomed so is ok with yak traks as long as it is not too warm/soft. Friday it was mostly ook when I went; a few soft spots and a few snowmobiles to dodge, but we managed to work around each other.  That path is also much hillier and windier than the usual rail tral, so you have to keep your ears open!

Saturday I was in Manchester in the morning so ran on the rail trail at Massabesic.  Quite a contrast to Cannon; variable footing but not much snow left-- there was frozen snow and ice though!  In the afternoon I had a great reunion visit and lunch in Massachuseets with some HS cross country teammates and class mates, two of whom I had not seen in 35 or so years. We talked for hours and could talked longer.  I give Facebook some credit for that. One of the ladies lives in Germany, so not easy to meet up.

Great running around here-- I am behind but have been lurking some.

I am working the medals crew/finish line at Boston as a volunteer-- look forward to seeing many of you!

TammyinGP

Good Morning!

I'm glad to see that all those training runs Tet put in paid off! Congrats Tet!

This is Spring Break week and I had originally planned for taking Tues-Fri off. Had a few things on a murder case I need to get done today, so didn't take today off. Well, doesn't it just figure that after a wknd of beautiful low 70's and sunny and then up to 75 today, tonight the rain comes and stays with us the rest of the week and we go back down to 50's. So, I'm cancelling my vacation and saving the days for nicer weather. Will still take tomorrow off as I have a few things I scheduled , but will work the rest of the week. Too bad that David's spring break won't be very "spring like" after we've had a couple of gorgeous weeks.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'm glad to see that all those training runs Tet put in paid off! Congrats Tet!

oh, no wonder I'm still so sore.

Pending the Dizzy Daze 12-run results and wrap-up, an RD e-mail this morning acknowledged a surprise aid station with sports drink, chocolate milk, water, cookies, trail mix, etc. that cropped up in the afternoon about half way around the lake (between aqua-theatre and JocknJill):
                      The Green Lake Seventh Day Adventists kindly set up a “rogue” aid station on the far side of the lake, much to the chagrin of the co-race-director, who feels this sort of coddling just makes his runners soft. (Note: co-race director is the husband part).  \

However, she also noted that “the race directors’ marriage seems to have survived yet another event, so we’ll look forward to seeing you all again next year, either as runners, volunteers, hecklers or bandits.”

ps skier mom - thanks for the update skier mom. Spring skiing in the sunshine and long daylight is the best. I always enjoy hearing about your running in places that we only used to read about in the old skiing magazines in those days like the Conway tram, etc.  Do you do the Mt. Washington Race? Is it anywhere near Tony Matt’s famed Inferno schuss down Tuckerman’s Ravine?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

lamerunner

Tet, the Mt Washington Auto Road, where they run the Mt Washington Road Race,   is just about 5 miles down the Road from Pinkham Notch Visitors center and the start of the Tuckerman Ravine trail.  I ran it once, a long time ago, and got in by lottery another time but was injured. It doesn't really appeal to me now.  I did hike up to the summit ( from the other side) one year to see a few friends who ran the race.

My DS will probably try to do a trip into Tuckerman's  at least once this Spring.  He was joking about carrying gates up there and setting a course, probably not realizing that had actually been done before! It may still be done for the Tuckerman Inferno race...

We have sunshine, but not yet much warmth. Maybe next weekend.

Also, there is a new trail race coming up June 29 at Wildcat-- Wildcat Mtn Trail Race, wtih 5k and 5 mile options.  Revenues benefit the ski team.  Not flat, but quite scenic.

Mike E

MM #5615

....so the question is, will we see the ground before April 1st?

And the answer is--NO!  We will NEVER see the ground again for as long as we live!!!!  This winter will NEVER end!!!!   AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

TammyinGP

winter in MN better end by October.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Sorry....I seemed to have lost it for a second there.

Aamos--thank you for including me with Hermosaboy in your comment.  However, I really do not feel worthy to even be mentioned in the same paragraph....

Me:  98/489 overall.  6/29 55-59.  31:05

Hermosaboy: 39/489 overall.  2/26 50-54.  27:53

Oh look....IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!!!!

Sayhey! MM#130

I clicked on the thread wondering if there would be a picture of Holly working out in pink pajamas.

Please?  Could we have that, Holly?  C'mon, its just us, your running buddies! 

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)