Masters Running

Sat 17 May Daily Runs (Read 400 times)

The Jogger

Morning Gang What great pics on Spareribs doggy thread......... Went out for a 3 mile recovery run today and was pleased the hip remained at a niggle after nearly 3 hrs cardio running / cycling yesterday Anyway: 3m 33:24 @ 11:08 pace AHR 144 66% WHR Good runs All Roy
      good morning all, everyone must be out running....or sleeping in! i'm posting friday's run - didn't have time yesterday since we had to leave for the west side of the mountains a day early because the northern route was closed again for avalanche risk. 3 more miles, slower than molasses in hotter than hades weather - or at least if felt that waySmile probably it must have been at least 75F at the time. though it was up to 90 by the time we left winthrop; a few days ago DH was snowed on while mushroom picking and now it's in the 90s! we are in seattle where we had dinner last evening with DS2 and his future wife as well as DS 1 and wife; fjorddaughter is up in anacortes where i will go to her wedding shower later today. two weddings ahead! anyway, wishing good saturday runs to all - and hoping to see more of riblet and the new family member, susan (who may or may not get more miles in today, depending...)
        Susan - it's an exciting time for your family! I hope you're having lots of fun with all the wedding planning. I'm still all smiley about the rib-puppy. Riblet is such a happy boy with wonderful parents who have made this so special for him. 6.10 miles in 1:00:54 and bright sunshine. It's going to be another of those wonderful Saturdays that vista spoke of last weekend. dawndaughter2 is coming over from Baltimore today to help me in the garden. What a good girl.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Hill Runner

Morning all, I've been busy lately and haven't been running as much as I usually do. 10.14 miles of hills @ 9:13 pace today...beautiful morning here. I have lots of outdoor chores to do after breakfast, the first being cutiing thel grass for a couple of hours, then more stuff to plant in the new vegetable garden. Enjoy the day. (edited to include garden photo)

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
          Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
          Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Well, for me I'm sleeping in. Stayed out late last night doing some bluegrass picking at Boiling Springs State Park. Each spring about this time of year we have our "Spring Jam". Good times, good music and good friends. This weekend is busy. A surprise birthday/graduation party for my son, evryothrday. Then tomorrow is the graduation ceremony. The whole fam damily will be in town for this milestone. The runninng has been taking a backseat....oh my. Did I just say that outloud? Was wanting to begin slowly ramping up the mileage....I guess it'll be even a slower ramp up. Peter, nice garden....what do you have planted? Well the coffee's done so good running to you all today.
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              dawndaughter2 is coming over from Baltimore today to help me in the garden. What a good girl.
              Well, somebody has to make up for that slacker husband of yours. Smile Peter - nice garden. Gotta keep out those bunnies, huh? Speaking of bunnies, that pace bunny has gotten ahead of me, I think. I have been deliberately avoiding looking at the standings, given that would only have motivated me to run when I shouldn't. Having said that, with some wood-knocking, I think I might be able to ramp up again. Today's 7 went well, so I'm planning a longer run tomorrow. Workout: 6.2 miles, 8:18/mi, AHR 160 Overall: 7.2 miles, 59:15 Have a great weekend, and go racers!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Good morning Boomers. It's beautiful here this morning - 54F with blue skies. It's killing me not running this morning, and even though tomorrow is my half, I think I'll just do a quick 2 or 3 miles - would that be a bad thing? We went and picked up our race packets last night and checked out the expo - good deals on running shoes, but none of the kind I wear. Tomorrow's forecast looks bleak - rain and 39F at 7:00 AM start, but at least it's not snow. Sad Nice runs, Roy and PDR. You too, Peter - that garden looks like it has wonderful possibilities! Susan - have fun at your wedding shower today. We just went through all of that - my oldest son is getting married on June 14th. Sounds like lots of yard and garden work to be done today. Enjoy your Saturday, everyone. Jeanne
                  Beautiful morning here as well after some heavy and steady rain last night. Everything looks scrubbed clean now. I ran 6.8 miles with two of the Js (Canada J and Spicy J). We chattered away and the run ended all too quickly. Happy to be out there---53F and bright sunshine. Nice garden photo Peter and while I won't have a garden helper like PDR, I have to get out there at some point today. The ground is nice and soft for pulling weeds. The kiddo has a baseball game in a couple of hours and then a hockey awards banquet and then maybe some gardening time this afternoon. Great handle for your kid evryday! I laughed out loud. Good Luck tomorrow Jlynne---run between the raindrops. Long run tomorrow with Iron J---already looking forward to it. CNYrunner

I Can Go The Distance

Good Morning All, I had to deal with the triple H's this morning on my 10 mile run. Hot, humid and hilly. When I went out at 5:30 am it was already 68F and the humidity was 72% (high for this area). Still I managed to run at my easy pace and finish in 1:45:18 (10:32/mile pace). The Palos Verdes HM and Marathon started about an hour ago, so I am sure they are feeling the heat. A running friend of mine is doing the HM. She made all the mistakes you can think of. Her only long run was 8 miles, she is wearing new shoes and it's a hot and humid day! She does a lot of biking though, as well as running, so I am sure she can finish. The question is how long will it take. Have a great day everyone. Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

King of PhotoShop

Well, first things first: happy birthday to my lovely wife The Saint. I'll cook something nice for dinner tonight, maybe steak and salmon on the grill and we'll eat outside on this gorgeous spring day. Peter, that's some nice garden. We now have a name. Riblet, after seeing the gleam in the pup's eyes, probably figures that one day she'll have a lot of explainin' to do and so has named her Lucy. First trip to the vet today and she checks out well. She was very good in her cage last night and I got up early and took her outside. Everything going well so far. Thanks everyone for your kind wishes. 4.4 slow miles today on the dirt track, wrapping up a 30-mile week. I have been fatigued and slow the last 3 days and have concluded I might ease back next week. I will see how tomorrow's long run goes. That should be a good indicator. Spareribs

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Happy, Happy Birthday to the Saint!! Can't wait to watch the puppy grow. Out for 12.25 miles this morning on sproinky legs. So, does the heart rate monitor go all wacky if you wear it upside down?? I finally stopped at my moms (mile 4) to see what the problem was, put more water on it, flipped it around and bingo it worked again. I knew I wasn't averaging a 111 hr. Roll eyes Happy Saturday! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mariposai

Happy Birthday to the Saint!!!. Lucy seems to be a perfect name for the precious puppy. Did she keep you awake all night SR? This is the weekend our county has the annual "Relay for Life" event. So I decided this morning to run to the next town to run around the track were the event is taking place and then run back home. I ran 5 eze pace miles to the track, 5 miles at 9:30 pace in the track and then decided to take the long way home, up a respectable hill, across the orchard lane and back home. 16 miles for the day. I am pretty happy with the effort Now is time to feed some hungry teenagers who are hanging out at my house to celebrate DS2's birthday. We have 7 teenagers right now and I have been told that 12 or more will be showing up. It is a good thing that I love cooking. Fjordrunner you are home!!!! hurray. Have fun with the wedding shower and preparations.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I gave blood donation yesterday and worked a 10 mile race this morning. So easy 5 miles this afternoon in light rain, windy 58F, but could hear the bad thunder storm 5 miles south. Looked at weather map so I knew I would be OK. Happy b-day to the Saint Smile Jeanne have a good race, hope that rain avoids you. Can't believe that hot spell in Pacific NW, I thought mild temps were the rule up there. Have a Great Day!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Manchild

4 and a half miles this morning. Nice, no, beautiful garden, Peter, I am so envious... Nice runs, Bruce and Mary!!! It's cleared off nicely here, so I may have to cut the lawn... Chris

King of PhotoShop

That Mariposai is a troublemaker! Last night in chat we were talking about her handle and she asked me if I knew what it meant. Well of course I know what it means, even if she speaks all these trick languages that I don't understand. But just to light her up a bit I told her it means "spider", probably a tarantula. So look what she is doing with her avatar today just to get even! Spareribs