Masters Running

Monday July 20 Runs and Workouts (Read 376 times)

Good morning, everyone!  Go get some coffee and wake up Smile

Little recovery run for me this morning.  

3.1 miles, 29:05, 9:15/mi, AHR 132 (68% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Slo

G'morning all

No runs for me yet. Not until this afternoon. It was going to take a bull dozer to get me out of bed this morning.

I'm going to swing by the Y on my way to work and pick up my swimming gear. I'll try swimming over the noon at the outside pool and see how that goes.

Good morning Lou, Slo and all to follow. Got my coffee and I'm slowly waking up.

It's totally dark at 4:30 now! I used to get to my first mile marker and the sun would be coming up, now I'm past mile #2 before it lightens up. I passed some creepy guy this morning and he scared the cr-p out of me. He was walking when I passed him, then he'd run and pass me up and start walking again. I'd pass him, then he'd start running and pass me. It was a little unnerving, to say the least. I won't tell my DH because he hates that I run alone. I usually don't see too many people at 4:30 and have never really worried about running alone - I'm an old woman!  Anyway, 5.25 miles at a zippy 9:19 pace. Nice and cool here again today - more like fall weather, really.

Have a good start to the week.

Tramps

Pretty active for a Monday morning.

I was inspired by Jlynne's run so I did just about the same thing.  5.2 @ 9:11. 

Have a good week!

Be safe. Be kind.

Good morning everyone.  Careful out there Jlynne.

This morning was a fartlek workout.  9 miles altogether at 8:56 pace made up of this workout:

28 minutes warm up (about 3 miles)

8 x 2 mins @ 5K to 8K pace (7:20 to 7:31 or so) with 2 mins jog recovery.

4 x 30 secs @ 3K 30 secs jog recovery.

18 minutes cool down (about 2 miles)

The fast 2 min parts were run at:

7:37

7:33

7:33

7:22

7:31

7:26

7:25

7:20  (average 7:28)

I was thinking I was running quicker than that.  But I suppose I should be happy with whatever I am able to do.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Renee the dog

Jlynne,

Please trust your instincts.  If you feel he's creepy, it's a pretty good bet he is.  Change up your routine and don't be "predictable" for him. 

Rest day for me. 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Morning all,

6 easy miles at 9:15 pace for me at 7:00 am. Careful JLynne....I run with a phone when I am solo because of a truck that tailed me during an early am run awhile back. I won't repeat what the driver said, but it scared me for days. Nono is right, trust your instincts.

Bill--nice workout and good consistency---sometimes that's better than warp speed.

Ciao for now

Karin, that is super scary. Be careful!!

Back from a 7-day, 370-mile bicycle tour of mid-Michigan -- an absolutely wonderful experience that I might write a report on later. For those who know the state, below is the route as mapped out by my Garmin, including our stopover towns. The route was counter-clockwise starting and ending at Edmore.

Anyway, today was my first run in about 10 days and I really felt it the first mile or so, with different muscles being used than with all the cycling. But I managed 4.4 at a sub-10 pace and felt really good by the end. We're having a record cool July this year and it's certainly been good for running & cycling!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

I’m trying to work on recovery this training cycle, and to that end I did my lower-body workout last night, that today might be a complete leg-rest day, except I did run 1 slow and easy mile on the TM, just to loosen things up.  Then some core and upper-body exercises, and still time to fix DD pancakes. 

Busy, busy at work, so bye for now...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

Did a 21 mile bike ride yesterday after a 7 mile hilly and humid race on Saturday. Did not rest and felt it last night. Early this morning ran 4 flat miles. We're doing a 5 mile race on Thursday. Will rest tomorrow (yoga in the afternoon) and possibly swim on Wed. Trying to listen to my body (I hear it loud and strong!)
                      dg.

JLynne... I agree with Nono.   and Karin.... you be careful too!!  Maybe you need something more than a phone. 

Lou there are some days coffee just doesn't do it.   I'm thinking a hammock might.

Bill, I suppose you should!

Today is LInda's surgery.   Let's send her lots of successful surgery vibes!   

Holly, very smart!

Rest day for me too.   Amazing how much time they give you, isn't it?  I cleaned  & cooked a little.  Still, took too long & had to race to get to work. 

Doug, welcome back!  cool map.   Can't wait to hear more.

Henrun, good luck to you & Marj in your race.  That listening trick... how long did it take you to learn that? 

Morning, gang!

Work is definitely getting in the way this morning - I can really tell it is Monday :-).

Jlynne- as everyone else has opined - be careful!!  We don't want to lose you to a creepy guy!!

Doug - nice bike ride!!

It was soupy as predicted on Saturday.  I did get DH out of bed extra early to try to beat the heat.  We were on the trail by 6:00.  I went extra slow and was still feeling pretty good when the downpour started at mile 7 (nothing significant on the radar screen when we left home - go figure) and continued for a couple of miles.  By that time I was squishing in my shoes, so the rain might as well have continued - at least it was cool while the rain was falling.  Ended up with 16 miles, 10:55 average pace and 157 AHR.  Slow, but not painful.

7.5 hilly miles this morning.  It was in the mid-60's, but we have a brief reprieve from the humidity.  10:12 average pace and 157 AHR. 

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Henrun

(((Linda)))                                                                  

dg-I have to keep relearning to listen to my body constantly-sometimes it just whispers and I ignore it (like most of us do).

wildchild

Carolyn

Jlynne, I had a creepy guy do the same thing on a trail - I passed him, then he cut a switchback and passed me.  We were in the woods and I had no cell phone (wouldn't have worked there anyway) and no dogs with me, so I hid behind some rocks till he got way ahead, and then turned and went back the way I came. Better safe than sorry!

I was hoping to run 10 miles yesterday but had to cut it short at 6.5 due to a lightning storm that was too close for comfort.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

No run for me today - just fizzy lifting and spin cycle.

Yesterday I ran for 3 hours - you know it's a good run when it's measured by time, not distance.

Saturday I got a haircut from Louis the barber (been going to him for 34 years) and gave blood (donation #117).  When I start to do something, I keep doing it.  That's why Long-Suffering calls me "sameness man."