Masters Running

Donna - Still in the Hospital (Read 400 times)

TomD

Hi All, Donna is still in the hospital. She has had an illregulator heart beat, which has been helped through some heavy medication. Now she acts and talks like a 5 year old. She has been in and out of sleeping and is like a child when she is awake. She does a lot of pretending. She pretends to be drawing with her finger on her bedding. She answers her phone, when it does not ring. Sometimes she even talks to no one on the phone. She is always confused. She can not keep a thought for very long. She will change the topic in the middle of a sentence. She plays with her cell phone. It just goes on and on. I am told that all this is normal after such an operation. That she will be coming home Sunday or Monday, but she does not change at all day after day. She does not want to walk. All she wants to do is sleep and play. She had a stress test yesterday. I am told she did well. Donna tells me she has a lazy heart and it does not want to do anything. I am not one to worry much, but Donna is my life. I feel so close without her around at home. I can no longer remember the last time I slept soundly. I sleep and keep waking up, then I have a difficult time going back to sleep. I worry about her so very much. Maybe I will try to run some before going back to the hospital this morning. Since Donna plays with her cell so much it is not keeping a charge, so here is her direct line at the hospital and our address: 913 541-5654 Donna Detore 12581 West 82nd Terrace Lenexa, KS 66215 Donna has only two living relatives, but many friends. She is so outgoing and seems to light up many peoples lives. Our bank even sent her flowers. She has lots of flowers, plants, gifts, and cards. I get many calls from her friends too wanting an update. They have the same problem with her, when talking to her of course. Well, I need to get going so I can somethings done before seeing my Sweetie this morning. Maybe I will see some improvement today. Take care, TomD and DonnaD
      Prayers Tom. Many who care about you and Donna are saying prayers. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

umwb

Tom This is heart breaking ! ! Adriana & I are so sorry you and Donna are having to go through this. We will pray for you both every day,
        When I'm not running I'm on my Triumph Rocket 3 !

Renee the dog

Tom, It is so hard to see someone you know be so shockingly different. It is amazing to witness from what depths the body and mind can come back. Hold onto that thought and hang in there. Right now I would guess she needs you to be the same more than ever. I ran 14 mi this morning thinking about Donna and hoping the best for her recovery. {{{{ }}}}

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

coastwalker

This is very difficult, Tom. But I hope the doctors are right, and that this is a temporary post-op reaction, and that it will go away soon. Meanwhile, hang in there, and get as much rest as you can - Donna needs you, and you need rest. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tom - thanks for giving us Donna's address. I'd like to send her a card, if that's okay. This must be incredibly hard for you to see Donna this way, but hopefully she will be over this soon. Prayers and best wishes to you both.
                Sorry to hear Donna's recovery has been so difficult - I hope things improve dramatically before she comes home. I will keep you both in my prayers!!

denise

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Tom, I don't know you at all, but your situation has really touched me. I will be praying for you and Donna, also. Hang in there!
                  nowor

Tom, Hope you got a little running in. Sometimes anesthesia really messes up the brain until it is eliminated from the system. It's must be hard to see Donna so different. Hang in. Thinking of you both. Sue
                      This is so hard, Tom -- we continue to think about you two.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

#artbydmcbride

Be strong kiddo! It sounds like she is happy and not in pain, so that is a blessing until she is back to her old self. Prayers for you both. Smile

Runners run

King of PhotoShop

Tom, my best wishes are with you both. Now you must be patient and listen to the medical professionals. Certainly her present behavior is different from what you have known, but she had a difficult procedure. They wouldn't let her go home soon if they were not sure she will be able to be released. I know you are very worried and anxious. Just please trust the advising doctors, write everything down that they tell you, and of course I know you will be the best caregiver for your beloved. Stay strong Tom. Spareribs
                          munchkn883

Ribs said it all so well. Love and prayers coming to you and Donna. Please take care of yourself. 10 miles full of loving thoughts and prayers to you both today.
                              Listening to the way you share these events with us Tom, it's clear you're a strong and caring man. Donna is fortunate to have you in her life. Take care. Smile
                              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                                ((Donna and Tom)) Tom, your circumstance causes us all concern because we know it could be us with our spouse/family and someday it will be. Thanks for being a good example for us. I hope to be able to be as strong as you when I have to go thru something like this. ks

ksrunr All American 10K Feb. '10 Cowtown Half marathon Feb. '10 Boston '10