Masters Running

New Month Tuesday, 8.1.17 (Read 33 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Monday’s workouts:
    Tramps (exercises + core work)
    RunnerKSA (3.1 day-starting miles)
    Catwhoorg (8 morning miles)
    BTY (5 miles, incl. 1 walking & 4 running with nice, consistent pacing)
    Rochrunner (4 morning miles in nice new Brooks Ghost shoes)
    Tomwhite (40 min [4X10] walking)
    Evanflein (4.4 miles with a 4 min moose break)
    Twocat (7 morning miles with the training partner)
    Mike (8 evening miles, including 6 X 800s that were fast and fun)
    Spacityrunner (2.5 sunset miles with some zooming and a little turteling)
    Wildchild (2.5 afternoon miles to end the month on a prime)
    Mariposai (9 miles with a running buddy)

Sorry the off-roading was so bone-rattling, Holly. I agree with you that if part of the family wants to go hiking and part doesn’t, then splitting up is perfectly fine. You and DH are both entitled to some of what you each want on a vacation. Is it the elevation that is bothering DH, or is there more to it than that?

I’m amazed that your DD’s school starts Aug 1, Cat! Do they have longer semester breaks?

Good job with the work party, BTY. I like Tammy’s idea of the crew, and Stumpy’s idea of the goats. In some places, you can rent them (the goats, that is).

It’s always nice when new shoes work well, isn’t it Rochrunner?

That was a heck of Sunday you had, Evanflein. Nice grilled meatloaf payoff. Happy belated birthday to DS2.

Sorry your RP has gotten so into politics, especially when it gets her so riled up, Twocat. Can’t you just tell her that politics are forbidden on your training runs? What she does with the rest of her time is up to her.

Good attitude toward intervals, Mike. Keep the pressure off and you’ll do fine.

Good driveway-leveling cross training, Wildchild.

I went 6.8 kind of easy, kind of tempo RW miles in muggy 66° weather this morning. A slight breeze made it slightly more comfortable. At one point, a deer on the other side of the road just stood still and we watched each other as I passed by - I guess it didn't know to be afraid. DW is taking me out to breakfast before work, so I'm liking the way August is starting!

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

3 miles in the fog at the local park this morning.

Our 9 year old granddaughter from Tallahassee has been with us the last couple weeks.  We've been to King's Island amusement park, the Cincinnati Zoo, multiple shopping trips, and swimming a few times a day until she came down with painful swimmer's ear.  I've been trying to work as much as possible but it is tough with such a messed up schedule and lack of sleep.  I drove her up to Michigan on Sunday where she will spend a week with her other grandparents.  I drove back yesterday.  Now I am trying to have a "normal" day at work.

Next week, we'll go to Michigan to pick her up and then drive her to Tallahassee.  I don't know how well my back and my mind will handle all that driving.  We'll end up with more than 4000 miles by the time we are done.  (That is counting the trips already completed.)

4 miles.  Done.  That's about all I can say about that.

That's a lot of driving, Dave.  Good luck with it.  I'm OK with long road trips to a certain extent, but I try to dodge most of them!  We can do 10 hour days, but we've gotten to where if it is more than a 9 hour drive, we break it up into 2 days (or more).

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Getting stared down by a deer, Jay?  That's a little embarrassing.   Does and fawns have been popping up in the back yard recently.  They're very cute.

Dave, that sounds like a fun week...though tiring.

21 on the bikes this morning.  Still pretty nice but getting warmer and more humid.

I sure hope Holly's out hiking with DS today.

Be safe. Be kind.

Good morning folks. Off to a busy start here on the first day of August. Ouch! Is it really August already?

Thanks for your recap Jay, and have a great breakfast with DW.

That is a LOT of driving Dave! Can't the other set of grandparents meet you at least halfway? Seems like the least they can do.

Hey Holly? What everyone else said - just because your DH chooses to not stay physically fit doesn't mean the rest of your family can't get out and do things. Tell him to suck it up. Either get in shape so you can join us, or quit whining and don't take the pleasure out of the things everyone else likes to do.

Talking politics with even good friends usually doesn't go well. We have a friend who is so far to the right and watches Fox News all day/every day. You can't argue with him. He's always right. So every time he brings politics up, we quickly change the subject.

Yep. I'm in a new AG. Had an absolutely fantastic weekend. Saturday night DH reserved the "Keggers Peddler" which is a 14 seat cart with a set of bike peddles for each person. We drove it through the downtown area and had two stops at a couple of pubs for some drinks, then headed back and spent the rest of the evening on a rooftop brewery next to the water with a great view of the city. Sunday, I played golf and my DH and two sons prepped, cooked dinner and cleaned up everything. I got to play baseball with my 3 grandsons while all of this was going on.

5 miles and some change this morning. Muggy, no wind and already 69° at 5:00. Off to golf league now.

Have a great day everyone.

Tramps

Belated happy birthday, Jlynne!  Sounds like a nice time.

But that "Kegger's Peddler" would be more interesting if it had it's own keg.

Be safe. Be kind.

Henrun

Belated happy birthday Jlynne.

Busy Wednesday morning will interfere with my every other day running schedule, so I went out for a 1+ mile run this morning. Marj is heading to the beach with GD2, so I've got most of the day for myself to catch up on some things.

Happy Birthday, JLynne, and welcome to the new age group!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy August!

I just wanted to say that those of you with active/fit spouses should thank them,  and be grateful for how lucky you both are!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Half Fanatic #9874

Good morning all!

I joined 2 weeks ago then skipped all last week when life got away from me.  I will try to be more consistent.  I've got a 50 minute tempo run today.  I use the PEAR fitness app and have a fondness for Andrew Kastor and Matt Fitzgerald workouts.  I'm currently tuning up for a couple of fall half-marathons, starting in mid-September.  I got rained out of a half I wanted to do a couple of weeks ago but I'll keep on plodding along.

have a great day Smile

coastwalker if you need more deer feel free to come to my town and pick a few up.

This morning I left home to run 6x1000m intervals. Near total fail!  My goal was to do each at a sub 7:10 pace. Round 1 was just a tad over that. Round 2 I made it. After that, not even close. Here I thought I would nail it after managing 5x1000m intervals at that pace last week. Shows you what a difference the dew point makes. Last week it was in the low 50's and today in the low to mid 60's.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

catwhoorg

Labrat

Week in Sept

Week in Nov (Thanksgiving)

Two weeks December/January (Christmas/New Year)

Week in Feb

Week in Apil

Last day May 25th

Being as this is my first exposure to any sort of Regualr US school schedule, I really have no idea on how that compares...

8.6 miles with 20 min at Tempo pace.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

...Happy B'Day jlynne.......

==========

40-min PoolRun and

1x10-min

.........somedays it just Ain't Happening

Back at it tomorrow

..........good Running to Ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Happy Birthday, Jlynne, and congrats on the new AG. I know that, once over about 65, you do start to drop off measurably from year to year, so I figure that if I don't place high at 70, I'll have to wait until 75 to have another shot!

Carolyn, I am grateful for an in-shape spouse, even if she has no interest in doing anything competitive. It definitely paid off with all the up and down-hill walking we did last week in Quebec City! And isn't your DH an avid rock-climber?

Rode 28.8 fairly tough miles with my usual Tuesday old-timers group this morning. It was a common route, but the combination of heat, rough trails, and my not having ridden for two weeks sort of did me in by the time I got home. Looking forward to a rest day tomorrow!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

mrrun

Happy bday lynne and welcome to new AG - may the awards roll in!  we saw those 'peddler's ' in ft  lauderdale with some fairly inebriated persons trying to peddle them!

Never made it to the beach - spent about 3 hours touring john adams and john quincy adams homes and GD opted out of beach or lake, so we came home with a quill pen for her to try calligraphy.  after yesterday's 8 miler, it was good to have a rest day.

henry's DD reported yesterday in indiana for teachers, but MA & NH schools are either last week of august or after labor day.  of course she gets out the first week of june - not around the 20th

marj