Masters Running

Tuesday 4-23 "Where is everybody?" daily (Read 41 times)

Tramps

10:30 am and no daily? Uh oh. Something’s up. Did I miss a memo?

Guess I’ll try to do a summary…

Anneb is heading to some wild Spring Break

Milktruck runs “anti-clockwise.” I’m pro-clockwise myself, but I don’t want to start a fight.

Mike is barely alive but there’s still a faint pulse.

Tammy said her son David’s arm fell off but they got it back on somehow.

We learned we should hide the painkillers if Leslie visits.

Holly said something about childbirth but it made me wince so I didn’t finish reading the post.

SurlyBill runs in a beautiful spot and is step-father to John Fogerty’s daughter…or something like that.

Uh, well…you get the idea. A lot of other people did a lot of great stuff yesterday, too.

Now for today….22 mile ride on another gorgeous Spring day.

Go Bruins!

Be safe. Be kind.

Thanks, Tramps.  Hi, all!

3.5 outside miles- gorgeous morning. Still not sleeping well.  Is this old age?  I have a business lunch and dinner today, which annoys me.  I might try to slip on down to the gym for a couple of miles this afternoon before the dinner.  I don't like interruptions in my routine! Smile

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59

Got up a little later than I wanted this morning and wasted some time watching the local news, so I only had time to do a 30 minute workout at Planet Fitness. But it was better than nothing.

Picking between Boston and Toronto is like asking me what I like best, the Soviet Union or Communist China. I hate Boston slightly less than Toronto so I will be "pulling" for them tonight. My favorite teams left are the Blues and Capitals. All the rest I hate/despise for various reasons and to various degrees.

Joe618

Tramps, thanks for the start!   Well done.   I've noticed my digital-clock-born-and-bred teenage grandchildren don't understand clockwise vs counter-clockwise terminology.   Seriously.   I've explored with them how to explain various rotational movements and only get blank stares.

I'm still smiling about SurlyBill's  connection with John Fogerty.    I had a friend from high school who caught a harmonica John Fogerty threw into the audience at the end of a concert.   We're both, therefore, tight with him, eh??

Karen, your consistency with morning and then afternoon runs is impressive.   Good for you.    And sounds like you and Dave should share a Planet Fitness membership, what with the demise of your preferred gym.

I did something I almost never do this morning, cutting short a run.   Went out to do five miles and the legs were completely dead.   So I shut it down and went home.   Hanson's say to take a full two weeks off after a target marathon, so I'm going to follow that counsel and pick up things a week from now. 

Taco Tuesday here at work in about an hour...con mucho gusto.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks, Tamps, and enjoy the ride.

Sorry you're not sleeping well right now, KSA. There must be something going on that gets in the way of a good night's sleep, however, I be very reluctant to blame it (or anything else) on old age. I'm glad you got in a nice run this morning, and hope you can get a between-meals workout as well.

Right, Dave; a 30 min. workout is better than nothing! Keep up the good work.

Smart move to back off when the juice isn't there, Joe. Enjoy the time off and Taco Tuesday!

I went 7.08 walking miles this morning in 48° temps and a wind-blown light mist. It was good to have a tailwind at my back on the way back to push me along. Then I had a quick/productive breakfast meeting at 7 and a very productive discussion group with regional conservation commissions at 8:30. Only 2 more meetings today - late this afternoon and this evening. Life is good.

Have a greta Tuesday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

dnaff

I've got nothing important to post but I couldn't pass by without saying what a wonderful daily recap Tramps!

Off to tire out the dog and then my 4 mile time trial tonight.  Coming off a good weekend of yoga I should be super fast tonight.  or not.

I forgot to post yesterday that I did get out for a 7.5 mile ride on my road bike. Hey Tramps, that radar is really cool! It picks up cars before I can even make them out in my mirror. It also looks like I'll have trouble separating my DW from that e-bike!

Hard to post from my phone so that's it for today.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

I do the short afternoon runs about 4 weekdays a week.  I just sort of fell into the habit.

I don't need a gym right now-  becomes more important if I get injured or want to swim.  My work gym has enough to do a decent weight workout and I have a few things at home, including the really nice treadmill.  We shall see..... We got a little spoiled in Dallas because we belonged to the Cooper Aerobics Center complex which, in my opinion, is the nicest fitness facility in the country.  It had a mile outdoor path winding around small lakes and trees and state of the art everything.  It was expensive, but worth it.  Even a wonderful hotel on premises.  The best part is that it was just a few blocks from our house.     I couldn't duplicate it here in Tennessee, but we've made do.

Thanks for the start, Tramps.

Picking between Boston and Toronto is like asking me what I like best, the Soviet Union or Communist China.

How's the peeing, Mike?

Cute goslings!

Taco Tuesday - Mmmmm!

{{{Posie Lady's Knee}}}

Over an hour of core/ST/PT/Stretching/Icing.  I'll try a 10 min walk at lunch, since we're having beautiful weather.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey folks,

I got outside this morning in a breezy 58 degrees for 5 miles.

My foot hurt slightly for the entire run, but didn't hurt at all afterward.   

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

Easy 2 this afternoon in cloudy,cool, dry weather.

KSA- I haven’t been sleeping well either (partially old age) but I make up for it with multi naps.

Dave- you’re talking about the city of my birth (Toronto) and the city where I live (Boston). I cheer for Boston but wouldn’t be devastated if Toronto won.

Joe- wise move. Recover well before you do Hanson’s again.

Holly- sounds good. Hopefully no pain on your next run.

Missing yoga this afternoon. Have a dinner/lecture this evening (U. Of Toronto) and saving my energy. Not sure what will be more interesting - the lecture or following the hockey score and who cheers for which team.

...80-degrees

......65-min RC at soccerfields

with hiking buddy

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Joe618

Holly, good news for your foot, that's positive. 

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

pfriese

A nice 6 mile run for me this afternoon after the rain stopped.

Paul

That sounds like real progress, Holly.  Maybe your foot has given up!