Masters Running

40's on the run - on the move again (Read 839 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

OK, Brian showed me how to paste in a link. Use: < a="" href="http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun" />Masters Group But remove the spaces before each "a" Arla

Ex runner

Top 'O the World!

Yah! Like kin ya see that I still don't know how to do that!!?? nevermind....think I'm gittin it Roll eyes
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Queen of 3rd Place

HTFU! That's the spirit!

Ex runner

Top 'O the World!

R2: found this on another thread......Health & Nutrition...ref Doc's http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/3f5e934fe6b7436d9c289e2350e0a549
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
          sillybear

Chief Donut Hunter

Finally... I felt so bad Shocked looking at the giant "0" on my running log for 2008, I made it out and ran for three miles today. I hope y'all are having a great weekend!

...And I do.

Running in the SNOW?? I am such a wus. I live in CA and I don't want to run if the weather is under 45*. Sheesh! I attached to the TM right now. Shell aka Starr CherryShock
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Running in the SNOW?? I am such a wus. I live in CA and I don't want to run if the weather is under 45*. Sheesh! I attached to the TM right now. Shell aka Starr CherryShock
                It's SO much fun. I was hesitant last winter, but then it dawned on me that I like to downhill ski, so what's the difference?? You stay warmer running! No cold chairlift rides, either. I've also found that running takes away my obsessive desire to ski, since I'm enjoying the outdoors, anyway, so I'm saving a LOT of money. I will be sad when winter is over. Teresa

flatland mountaineer

R2: found this on another thread......Health & Nutrition...ref Doc's http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/3f5e934fe6b7436d9c289e2350e0a549
                  Thanks, good article.......I am not the most patient "patient"!!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Hey All! You moved already! You folks have been busy little beavers today. My Internet was on the blink since last night. Karen and I did a nice, cold, wet, muddy 7+ miles today in the Arcata Forest. That big storm that rolled through here didn't do a whole lot of damage to the trails, just lots of mud and small to medium branches to clear. Mother Nature was kind to us and didn't start dumping the water again until after we were through. Last night we had quite a bit of thunder and lightening, which is unusual for us. I guess we're supposed to get slammed with the rain again starting Monday, but not so much wind this time. Well, I need to get some work done before the evening is a total bust, so you all keep on having a great weekend! Candy Dazzlethighs

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Another Passion

Fixed that for you Arla. Wink

Rick
                      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

sillybear

Chief Donut Hunter

Candy Dazzlethighs
                        I think while I was MIA you all got these cool stripper-runner-names. How does that work? Evil grin

Top 'O the World!

Sillybear: for your "stripper name" go here ~ http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/b99714521cd9490ba2576ec94fd29b24/4 Holy Moly Leslie!!! Howmany miles you plannin' to race this year?!?!? Shocked check these out! http://transrockies.com/

Queen of 3rd Place

That Transrockies run looks incredible! 15 - 28 mi days at elevation with huge altitude changes! Shocked Leslie - how do you keep your tootsies dry and/or warm? I had The Best long run today! Guess the LHR training is paying off, I'm noticing that my heartrate doesn't creep up towards the end as much as it used to, and I can maintain an even pace instead of slowing to a crawl. I did let myself power up the hills for a change - a little cheating from time to time won't hurt. Big grin Arla

Ex runner

Top 'O the World!

I'm thinking to volunteer for the TransRockies run! tote gear, set up tents, that sort of thing ~ as I'm nowhere near trained enough to run 110 miles in 5 days! Shoot! my biggest WEEK was 48 ~ before dental surgery!! But I still think it'd be a kick! See if there's enough 'gap time" to do a little running around up there Wink & I can acclimate @ my mtn house before hand so the 12,000' pass won't kick thy butt! Big grin 11:48am 37* F/53% H mild breeze (boiling mtns in the near distance! Shocked - Winter Storm Warning up there!!) 7.56 Muddy Máiréad Miles @ avg (some slippin' & slidin') 13:53 pc

jfa

Wow nice runs folks!!! Surprised I had a nice one too.My longest trail run to date 13.5 @10:57 pace. YesThen I came home and went through watching my beloved NYG win their first playoff game in 7 years!!I'm exhausted and comfortably numb!! Black eye Regular heat wave coming for us.70* by Tuesday Shocked.Back to shorts!!! Good runs/rests to you all ps:that Transrockies stuff looks awesome,and incredibly tough !!!!