Masters Running

Fridaily 11/19 (Read 34 times)

bioguy

Morning all!

Ready to teach some AP Biology and. Physics then zipping home to jump in the car with Mrs Bio and drive to Western Maryland for packet pickup for the JFK 50 Miler (ok, it is really 50.2)

Hoping I've packed everything I need.

If you are really bored tomorrow, you can download an app called racejoy, search for the JFK, then look for Joe Evans and you can see if I get pulled for not making it to a checkpoint in time.

Have a greta Friday!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Best of luck tomorrow!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

dnaff

Can't wait bioguy, thanks for the tracking info.  Run strong and have fun!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Good luck Bioguy!  How is the weather looking?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

Fleet feet and no tripping, Bioguy!

Dave59

Best of luck tomorrow!

+1

3.09 miles for me this morning.

Work has been crazy and I'll probably be working this weekend to try to keep up. I did get a bonus check today.  I joke that it is to cover my medical costs for all the stress.

Best of luck  Bio/Joe.  You have prepared well and I am anxious to hear how it all goes.  Thanks for starting us off and safe travels.

Chilly- 32 and sunny.  Got out there in all my winter finery and did 4.6 miles.  It's Rock n Roll Marathon weekend here (rescheduled from April) and also Monkey weekend.  I'm mainly avoiding all of it this year, but am meeting a RA friend (Holly M) for lunch today.  She and I ran Twin Cities together in 2017 and she's in town for Rock n Roll.  There's a chance of rain Sunday for Monkey, which is not pleasant. Steep hills, wet leaves....

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Good luck bioguy!  No doubt in my mind you'll make all of the checkpoints in a timely manner!

Did anyone see the lunar eclipse last night?  I was up at 1:00 and 3:00 and caught the full and partials.  And then when I went to the Y at 5:15 that big old moon was full and shining in all of it's glory!  What a spectacular sight 

24 degrees here at 5:00.  I went to the Y and did 4.5 on the dreadmill, 10 minutes on the high stepper to nowhere and tried the rowing machine for the first time since back surgery.  5 minutes was all I could handle before things started to hurt, and since I'm a MUCH smarter person now, I got off and called it a day.  Finished with 20 minutes of core and stretching.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Bio - Good luck, but most of all HAVE FUN!! I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Steve - That cartoon - .  And Dunkin - Poor guy!  You're a good doggie dad.

Joe - What marathon did your buddy run?

Pets - Our cats live in heaven at our house, just like your pets do at yours.  We've had pet stairs at the end of our bed for years, and because Chico is starting to have a limp now and then, I bought another set for the bed in the spare bedroom so he doesn't have to try and jump up or down.

Black Kitties - The 2 I was interested in as a bonded pair, the brother has been adopted out.  Yesterday, I completed an application for another local shelter and they called the house to tell me I'd been approved.  The Hub answered the phone, and when the lady started telling him, he said, "That's my wife's deal."   He's not against more kitties, he's just worried about the whole spraying issue coming to life again.  I think it was a problem before because we had 4 boys the same age.  And even though I loved Mr Mr like crazy, he's the one who started the whole problem.  Hopefully, when (not if) we get 2 more, given they'll be young and not competing to be king of the house, that won't be an issue.  Hopefully . . . 

I got nuthin' again, but today the honeymoon ends.  Tomorrow I'll jump back on the exercise wagon.  I'm missing it.

Happy Friday ~~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

bioguy

Good luck Bioguy!  How is the weather looking?

Should be in the high 20's for the start, overcast, and a high of 47. Sounds pretty sweet!

Hi friends - what a week!! Tuesday and Wed were soooooo busy at work!! We even had someone come in delivering preterm triplets on top of the 6 sets of twins we delivered this week - crazy!!!!

Wed right at the end of the long shift, my post-op patient threw up all over me!! SOooooooo gross!! I would have taken a shower before leaving work but I carpooled with a friend so I just washed up good then took a looooooooong hot shower as soon as I got home!!

Thursday - power walked 3 miles with a SS buddy then church, prayer group breakfast, visited my cousin in rehab, checked on Justin and Steven at the house and cleaned out more paperwork from the house I need to go through and shred - another long day!!

Today - 45 minute Peleton ride, 10 minute cool-down ride, 15 min upper body class, 10 min core workout, 5 minute stretching -- good workout in the gym complex all to myself!! Going to meet a couple friends for a walk after lunch!!

DH and I are starting to make our Feb vacation plans - so far booked 5 nights at this cool little hotel in Key West. It's the Eden House and is the oldest hotel down there - we stayed for 1 night a couple years ago and loved it.  I'm excited to go back.  Next we have to decide if we want to do 4 nights in South Beach or go visit friends in Cape Coral. We are leaning towards the South Beach plan just to have a different vacation this year.

Have a great race Bio!!

denise

Good luck, bio! I hope someone here tracks you and lets us know how you're doing.

Blustery run is right. It was maybe 5° this afternoon but the wind brought the wind chill down to almost -10, which wasn't a problem when running crosswise or with the wind, but the times I was running into it was cold!

LOL - Only you would use the phrase "wasn't a problem" when describing those kind of conditions!

Our skies were cloudy last night so no eclipse viewing for us (not that I would have gotten up for it anyway at that hour).

Quite a day, Deez! I hope you enjoy your Key West getaway. My DW and I spent a few days there in mid-December a number of years ago. I think we stayed at a place call the "Dewey House" that was sort of a boutique hotel (was actually the home of the guy who invented the Dewey Decimal system!).

I rode 13 miles this morning on a virtual route in Flanders with something like 960 ft of climbing, but it was the good kind of climbing that came from a rolling terrain with only one really steep climb, and that was fairly short.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

5 minutes was all I could handle before things started to hurt, and since I'm a MUCH smarter person now, I got off and called it a day. 

Yay for being smart!  As for the lunar eclipse, I never really get into those.  If I didn't know there was an actual eclipse going on, I would just look at the moon and think, "Oh, it's a crescent moon," and think nothing else.  Unless it is actually a full eclipse, which I have never seen, I really only get thrilled if it is a solar eclipse, which is much more dramatic.

Leslie - why don't you get female kitties?

Deez - sounds like a lovely vacation!

I was lazy this morning - seems like with this foot pain and the surgery coming up, I have just lost my mojo at the moment.  I puttered around the house for a while and eventually did about 20 minutes of lower body weights and crunches.

Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

Thanks for the start, bioguy.  Cool, dry weather for tomorrow? Excellent!  Ditto Leslie's point about having fun.  You'll do great.  Look forward to hearing about it.

Dave--There's usually a more complicated situation behind those "crazy" expenditures stories that circulate.  That "sex education" was actually things like HIV testing/counseling, TB testing, and family planning. Not a bad investment in my book, given the trends. Also, the groups that do this work use their consults to monitor for human trafficking, which is another reason why the focus on sex workers.

Jlynne--yeah, very smart. Good for you.

Crazy windy here today but I didn't get a run in, so it didn't matter.  I did make an appointment for a COVID booster because of the open eligibility now, and my arm is the proud owner of a new half-dose of Moderna.

Have a great weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

MurrayM

Rest day today...just chimed in to wish bioguy well tomorrow!