Masters Running

Need Help Contacting Mariposai (Read 424 times)

Mariposai is coming into NYC for dinner to see my DW and me.  She is traveling sans laptop.  So she has no email access.  My cell is AWOL and I am traveling so I have no way to call her right this second.  But more critically, her cell number was on my cell so I cannot even borrow a phone to call her.  Yea, just great!  Some cosmic joke here.  Can somebody get the following message to her?  Tell Mariposai to call my assistant Tricia at 203-432-0361 and leave her my number.  Tricia can then email it to me, I can borrow a phone and get hold of Mariposai.  After that I am going to see if I can find Rube Goldberg somewhere.  Thanks guys!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

TammyinGP

I'm calling her for you right now . . .

well, maybe a jillion others had the same idea, because I get a message that her mailbox is full and not accepting new messages.

but I left a call back number so if she calls me I'll pass on that info.

Tammy

I just emailed Erika and tet, copying your message, as they are probably still at work (I'm a time zone ahead and I am still here) and I am sure they have her #.
        Masters 2000 miles

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks amy,

I'm sure my calling her up all the time in the middle of her meetings, speeches, cooking, mountaintop running and everything else she does has nothing to do with it, and maybe it was a dream anyway, but there's a vague recollection she recently told me that she didn't have the cell phone any more and never to call her again so I left a message at the house for DH/DS with tricia's number and same for tricia but with her number.  not that any of us think that twocat is already seeing too much of the butterfly princess or anything like that but I hope it works out.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I don't have anything to add in terms of contct, but just thought what a close-knit but widespread community this is.  Fun to watch.  Hope it all works.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

dg.

Kevin, I agree.

Tet,  :-).

Twocat.. I just sent you an email with 3 numbers to choose from.   I left a message on the first one I had saved, but don't know if  she'll get it.  

Let us know what happens!

If I manage to get hold of her I will let you all know!  Thank you so much for all of the help!  Now if the place I wanted to get a reservation at just had a table . . .

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

TwoCat -

just to prove that I’m not still mad that you broke my two month winter taper PR from last year or that there are any hard feelings for you getting to take the butterfly princess out for so much good dining she loves in NYC, I went to the SeaTac Airport on the slim chance getting your message to her.

Jon SeaTac 11-17-09 . .

All rights reserved  

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , sign 11-17-09

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Yay!   My search was crowned, and the goddess I found.

SeaTac 11-17-09

Uhmm, I don’t know what your message was and I didn’t say exactly that it might be in case you’ve been banned from the restaurant for some reason, . . . I mean you can’t get the planned reservations for some reason so she better have dinner with me instead but it did help entice her to some king salmon and imitation NewYork cheese cake, etc. to make up for her missing the real variety on her recent marathon trip.  Thanks for the ruse, . . . I mean excuse. 

Fortunately, just when the conversation turned to running and I was trying to think of something smart to say about training or tempos or garminks or something, we ran into one of my high school ski buddies I hadn't seen for more than 20 years but who has a 2:48 PR.  

ps - just make sure she doesn’t eat any more gu’s.

Thanks.

pps - make sure too she's changed the time on her watch to standard time since when she showed up to get in line for the 5:00 am NYC Marathon bus at 3:30am (or maybe just go to meet her an hour earlier for dinner). At least all the practice she got sleeping on the ground before the real 10am start should make the airplane red eye accommodations seem luxurious.

Ok, can somebody translate tetsujin209's multiple notes?    I think this means he told Mariposai to call my assistant with a number I can reach her at.  But I am not really sure.  I guess I will find out when my assistant gets in.

BTW tetsujin209 two months!  Hah!  In another few weeks I will have hit 10!  Count em baby!  TEN!    Oh well . . . I am not dead yet! 

TammyinGP

. . .  and this probably be the last time Twocat's asks for assistance from the board . . . .

Tammy

#artbydmcbride

"Tell Mariposai to call my assistant Tricia at 203-432-0361 and leave her my number."

I think this part of your post may have thrown a spanner in the works......along with Tetsujin's calls.  Big grin

Runners run

evanflein

She does have a new cell phone and I gave that number to Aamos...

Tetsujin, you're somethin' else.

Mariposai

Ok, I called Tricia two times yesterday, but with no good luck to getting a call from twocat.

After a whirlwind of events I had a chance to dine with the taper boy at 13 coins last night at the Seatac Airport. The dinner was fabulous and the company even more. Thanks Tet!

I arrived to Newark airport today and the took the train to Manhattan, hey this rural girl is getting around fairly well in this mega city. I went to the Metropolitan Museum, ate a New York style lunch and then proceeded to shop. I carried only a light backpack to enable me to do all this.

I am now at Princeton and getting ready for a swim and then dinner.

Ohhhhh if that twocat only can call me then my night would be perfect.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard