Masters Running

Final Friday Daily, 11.30.12 (Read 391 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Slo Hand is gonna stay out of trouble this weekend while his DW is away?   Yeah, right.  Roll eyes

I was thinking the same thing...and wishing I could join him.  One of these days, I'm going down to Clinton!

Marathon Maniac #957

My older daughter is already applying for jobs for when she graduates in the spring.  If she lands a job too I think I'll do a dance, Gundam Style.

10yo DD calls this "condom style"......obviously I have not administered enough beatings....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Coming in as a newby here.  Not sure exactly how to post in the masters forums.  Looks like a lot of daily type threads.  I hate that my first post is to say I did no running today.  I'm going for a girls night out night and hoping I'll not over do it, and I can truly say I ran some tomorrow!

Actually, talking abour running is not a requirement in the daily here.....just toss out something about your day, and if you happen to run, you can throw that in as well...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

FFFFFFFREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, Tom, you're scaring me now.....

No run for me today, no workout, nada...

Went into work early (7:30am) so I could leave early for a doctor appt.  Not one to usually go to a doctor for a cold, but this thing has settled into my chest and I didn't want to wait the weekend out.  Got some prescription cough syrup and a prescription for antibiotics that i will wait until Mon. or Tues. to see if I need.  Meanwhile, I hope to get a good night's sleep.

No excuse not to get out for a run in the morning....

Holly...get the prescription filled...the earlier you start taking them, the faster you will feel better...never did run after work... DD#2's birthday party...she is turning 14 on Dec 5th...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

FFFFFFFREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooooh, there's a certain scene in that movie I don't like to think about!

Mariposai

Coming in as a newby here.  Not sure exactly how to post in the masters forums.  Looks like a lot of daily type threads.  I hate that my first post is to say I did no running today.  I'm going for a girls night out night and hoping I'll not over do it, and I can truly say I ran some tomorrow!

Not sure exactly how to post in the masters forums??

There is no protocol here. We POST anything and everything on the daily. Who has the time to chase a separate thread to see what others are doing? Just the daily is hard enough to keep track off Clown.

Just post away!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Just the daily is hard enough to keep track off Clown.

Well, I couldn't agree more on that one. I'm sorry, but I don't have time to go back thru all the daily except to say that Holly's DD never fails to delight and entertain! Gotta love that child! And Holly, don't take antibiotics for a cold! If you have a secondary bacterial infection, then fine. But don't take antibiotics for a viral infection!!! 

[stepping off bacterial resistance soapbox....]

Sat on my butt most of the day (again) so felt the need to run after work. We're winding up one of the coldest 5 Novembers in these parts, and warnings about a real cold snap coming thru this weekend (temps down to -40 and colder in some spots). I really (really) want to get outside to run, but don't want to freeze any bits or pieces in the process. So.... another treadmill run tonight to finish up November. 5.5 miles progressive pace, starting at 8:42 and peaking at 8:13.

Marathon Maniac #957

And Holly, don't take antibiotics for a cold! If you have a secondary bacterial infection, then fine. But don't take antibiotics for a viral infection!!! 

[stepping off bacterial resistance soapbox....]

Oh no, I fully agree.  The prescription is just for me to hold on to and see if I need it.  If this bug is still hanging around after 12-14 days and getting no better (or even worse), it will have become a secondary infection at that point.