Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 5.17.17 (Read 31 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Sorry I'm late, but I already had a couple of meetings this morning.

Tuesday’s workouts:

Deeze (2000m swimming, then computraining)

Tramps (EZ 8 miles)

Pfriese (6.2 miles up/down Mt. Scott)

Rochrunner (5 post-rain morning miles in 50 min)

Tet (5 morning miles in [heavy rain])

Holly (4 morning Florida miles)

RunnerKSA (3.5 morning miles, and 2.1 evening decompression miles)

Mike (6/10 mile with the daycare kid)

Yes, Deeze, you must be crazy to put in a workout like that before another 12-hr shift.

Keep taking care of that knee, Tramps. Sorry the pain is persisting.

Rochrunner, seems to me you’re ready for a good 10K.

Happy belated birthday, Starr! I hope you had a great celebratory dinner with Mr. Starr.

Sounds like a reasonably good balance of working, running, and eating at the conference, Holly.

Looks like you are enjoying some good eats too, Stumpy.

Mike, your run with the daycare kid probably made his day, as well as yours!

My all-day workshop yesterday was interesting for the most part, but some of the material was too general to be of much real value. All they had that I could eat for lunch was a small box of raisins and some fruit - not near as exciting as what Holly or Stumpy ate. At my evening meeting, I was bored silly and I didn't absolutely need to be there, so I left before the second hour.

I went 7.6 RW miles this morning, starting out very easy because some of my muscles were kind of cranky. But I loosened up as I went along, and was cruising at a marginally reasonable clip by the time I got back to our driveway.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...mornin' jay........

well,

4-hours of Clomping around in 90-degree heat yesterday may actually count as Hiking

my

non-operative Leg thinks so at least

========

since

Pickles has me waiting for

the Bug Men

I may take TODAY as my Rest Day

..............good Running and Clomping to the rest of ya......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

mrrun

morning Jay, tw and all who follow,

duathlon for me as i ran to bike store to pick up bike which has new brakes and is much safer to ride now.  i don't recommend running with bike helmet - very uncomfortable but a lot safer then biking without helmet.  warm sunny day so took an 8 mile detour to get home.

have fun!

marj

3.1 (my personal 5K0 before work.  Getting pretty warm!   My son is racing Ironman 70.3 Chattanooga this Sunday and there might be thunderstorms.  I'm going to spectate.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Five dry miles under cloudy skies threatening rain at any minute but didn't happen, . . . this time.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

dg.

hi!

fly by post, haven't even read all of the other posts except... Marj,   had to smile at your running with a bike helmet  :  )

4.31 this morning w/wind & hillage.   beautiful day!

I'm working very, very  hard at all phases of  this latest round of 'fix me'.   I'm channeling my inner dorothy.   (you know,  like in oz....)     So am keeping my miles low.

anybody ever try an egoscue tower?    looks promising, for loosening those pesky hip flexors!

I did run, today, though.  As soon as I got out of the car, the little daycare kid asked me what I was doing.  I told him I was going to mow the lawn.  He asked me if I was going to going running.  I tried to ignore him...I told him I couldn't run, today...I went running with him around the block...6 tenths of a miles.  It made my day.

Love, Love, Love!

We use Terro a lot, but this year, maybe because of all the rain, the ants are particularly bad in Humboldt County.  Took the laptop in and the computer guy found a couple of ants and a couple of eggs, but no infestation. He said they like electronics, so until further notice, said laptop will be housed in the ziploc-type bag in which they gave it back to me.  My suspicion is there's a nest under our house and I am not going under there.  No, No, No, and NO.  Just no.

Tramps - Hope you can get the knee issue resolved without an MRI.

Happy Belated Birthday, Starr!!

40 min of core/ST last night.  Trying to balance incorporating lower body ST and not totally PO-ing the bursa.  And it's so beautiful here today, I think I might go for a walk/job after work.

Okay - back to work.  Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks.  Quick post on my phone (I am a terrible texter) while I wait at the airport.  The first flight, I have a seat in the back of the plane.  I only have 45 minutes between flights in Charlotte and am worried that 1) there will be no luggage space for my carry on by the time I get on and 2) I will miss my connection.  Wish me luck.

4.3 miles for me this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

Howdy folks.  Quick post on my phone (I am a terrible texter) while I wait at the airport.  The first flight, I have a seat in the back of the plane.  I only have 45 minutes between flights in Charlotte and am worried that 1) there will be no luggage space for my carry on by the time I get on and 2) I will miss my connection.  Wish me luck.

4.3 miles for me this morning.

Charlotte isn't a bad place to spend a night. 

Have I been here since Saturday?  Beats me.  I scan the daily but sometimes forget to post.

Saturday I worked 6 hours at a volunteer landscaping project.  I did a lot more and harder labor than I expected.  There were areas filled with gravel that had to removed and filled with dirt, plants, and mulch.  Sunday was a rest day after all that, although I did vacuum the house and Swiffer wet jet the kitchen floor.  It's a small condo so it only takes a little while to vacuum.

I tried to run Monday, but my back hurt and I got tingling up my neck.  I figure I really destroyed myself on Saturday.  I went to the chiropractor and he was unable to make any adjustments.  Said I was too tight and to get 3 massages and then he'd try again.  First massage was this morning but to be honest, I don't feel any better. The therapist really worked on a bunch of knots in my back.

I took yesterday and today off from any running or gym workouts.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel up to a gym workout.

Moral: Don't volunteer for landscaping work in the future. Not ever. No way. No how.

Now that the work day is over, I will turn on Netflix, lay on the floor, and try to loosen up my back a little.

Marathon Maniac #957

Made it to my next plane - whew!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy travels, Holly.  I'm waiting out the hour+ delay on my flight at the moment.  Had faint thoughts about running in the morning.  With an 11:30 arrival in Boston, it's gotten a lot fainter.

Did a bunch of walking around the airport to kill some time.  Bet I made almost a mile.  whoopee.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy travels, Holly.  Hope the rest of the trip is uneventful!

Dave, thanks for the warning about landscaping. I'll try hard to avoid it!

Happy  belated bday, Starr!

Marj, I smiled about the running with a bike helmet, too!  Nice duathlon day for you.

The forecast calls for as much as a foot of snow here in the next couple of days!   Hope they're wrong.  Anyway, I went and ran 10.25 trail miles today, just in case they're right and I get stuck inside tomorrow.

We have a 500 gallon propane tank  for our heat and hot water.  The propane company usually comes and fills the tank on a regular basis, but a few days ago we had  no hot water, and looked at the tank gauge, to find it was empty.  They forgot to come fill our tank.  We've been unimpressed with this propane company before, so decided to switch providers.  This means getting a new tank delivered, since the delivery companies rent the tank to you.  So we're scheduled to get the new tank installed on Friday, during the big snowstorm.     And until we get the new tank hooked up, we have no heat or hot water.  Kind of like camping or living in the Sprinter van, I guess.  Off to boil some water to wash up with...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Carolyn - We saw that you guys were gonna get hit with a storm. And now no heat?  Feelin' fer ya, sistuh.

2.25 of jogging/walking in about 35 min . . . . boy howdy am I outta shape.

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

That stinks, wild--but, somehow, I have no doubt you guys will be just fine.

I chuckled as I thought about marj running in her helmet, too.

Wow, Leslie--you're running?  Very cool.  Take it easy!  (Oh, if I only had a nickel for all the times I wish I had taken that advice...I'd have a whole bunch of nickels, that's for sure)

No run, today.  My little buddy had already gone home by the time I got home.

Okay--I guess, that's about it.  I'd better go do something else.  See ya!

dg.

2.25 of jogging/walking in about 35 min . . . .