Masters Running

The Avenger Dog did it again..!!! (Read 22 times)

Mariposai

Sorry, this post deserves it's special thread.

Even if you are way too busy to read race reports, THIS race report is a must read. You will laugh and smile the whole way thru.

Avenger Dog, you are the best!!!

It is very snowing out a lot and when Dad gets home it is nighttime and he get the noisy thing that makes the snow go all over every where. He must like that a lot because he does it almost all the time when we should go run run run. It makes me more ascared that the vacuum. Today, Dad had a serious talk with me. He said we were going to a party with other doggies and some people to. I had to be on my very bestest behavior (?) and this was not a competitive event (?). I do not understand why he doesn't speak normal sometimes. Then he got into the drawer that has his pants that go swish swish when we go run run run! I got all rexcited and made lots of noises and danced around the house. Mom grumped at Dad when she was putting my best Batman coat on. She said I was all wound up because of him. I don't get those two.

Then, me and Mom and Dad took Honey to a big big park where it was really cold and winding and there were dogs and people and even some kids too!!! Honey started yelling to get out and play, then I did too! We had to wait until Dad put goop on our feet and Mom put Honey's coat back on her. Dad got out a bag with dog toys in it and I was even more happy, because this is going to be a great party! Then Mom got the toys and then and then and then, she gave them all away!!! Dad said it's for dogs who help take care of hurt soldiers. I'm not sure, but I guess it's OK. Then we got to go see all the other dogs and got treats too! Mom and Dad talked with people and me and Honey got to sniff up other doggies.

The nice lady, Val, had all of us all line up then she started saying some words just like the blah blah blah before a race! So me and Honey started yelling, "let's GO! Let's RUN RUN RUN!". Finally we did!!Dad was mostly waddling but we were still winning!! Then dad went back and got Mom and Honey. And he talked with a lady who was walking her dog. I had to drag Dad back to get way in front again....Then we went back and got Mom and Honey. Sheesh. Honey does not care if we go this way or that way. Fast or slow. She only want to go where ever her nose thinks it should go. We went pretty slow but it was fun fun fun until I saw....squirrels!! Then it was great! Dad held the leash very tight but I really wanted to make them run run run!! Dad would not let me, but I still liked seeing them. They didn't care at all. Boy I'd like to show them.

We got close to the end and Mom gave Honey's leash to Dad. Honey didn't even notice. When we got done there were prizes too!  Simone's Mom won a shirt , Honey won some treats! And I won a brand new ball!!! We should do this every day!

Sniffing Butts, Tag

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

He's an OK dog. He's been looking at me, then turns to DW and an expression that clearly says, "What's the matter with him?"

SteveP