Masters Running

Thirsty Thursday 7/26 (Read 39 times)

HOLY HUMID!!!

I went out right after the rain stopped but the air was still so saturated!! 6.1 slow, snail like miles, but at least they are done!!

Have a greta Thursday my friends!! Healing vibes to all those hurting hammies!!

denise

Thanks, deez.

3.3 miles.  Legs are really tired- I've piled it on a little too fast (imagine that?).  Butt/hamstring did really well- just a little discomfort.  66 and a little less humid, so nice morning.   Our earnings release is today with our press call at 9 am, so off to work!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

coastwalker

Mornin' Deeze, KSA, and everyone else.

Good saturated run this AM, Deeze. Don't overdo it, KSA!

Let's give this a try: Wednesday's workouts:

Spunky57 - 4 post-work Wednesday miles.

Anneb - 5.8 EZ staycation miles.

RunnerKSA - 3.2 hard morning miles.

Dave59 - 4 humid morning miles in the park.

Fatozzig - 1 hr of morning core/ST.

Twocat - gym work routine.

Falconfixer - 5 morning miles in DC at 9+ min. pace.

Mike - 10 miles with 6 at tempo pace (6:39).

Joe618 - 5K evening club trail race in 36:45.

Me? I got nothing today: It started raining at about 1AM and, unlike for Deeze, hasn't let up yet, and is expected to continue all day. Yesterday afternoon was dry, so DW and I walked all over town, met some friends from prior years here, and stopped in a couple of local shops and made our annual visit to the local historical society, which always has great exhibits, especially for such a small town. That walking added about 2 miles to my daily total.

Have a greta Thursday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

What Deez said!!  Man it was sticky.  Kept trying to rain on my "I finally beat you, damn bed magnet" run about the lake.  Kept wishing it would try harder.  Hate gettin gout of the shower still sweating.    Slow, slow.

Jay--you're on vacation--are you supposed to be doing wrapups? 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

pfriese

It's another humid Thursday morning here in the middle of the continent. This morning's run plan; 1.5 mile warm-up, 6 miles at marathon pace, & 1.5 mile cool-down. I was a bit worried that the warm & humid conditions would make it difficult to achieve my paces. But, like Tuesday's interval training run/workout, I hit my paces exactly. Once again focusing on the run instead of the weather made for a successful workout.

Another good day of running.

Paul

Tramps

Sticky here too but at least the sun's out.  We've had rain for a week now. Some flooding, toppled trees, but nothing major.  The creek on our road is nearly up to the bridge--the highest that I can remember ever seeing it.  Forecast is for a break over the weekend and then right back at it next week.

I haven't been posting but have been reading. Lots of health and environmental issues, it seems.

I hope Tammy's doing okay.

Falcon--your lectures this week sounded interesting...and sobering. I keep wondering if it's just me getting old or if the confluence of multiple issues (environment, technology, political chaos, etc) really is as ominous as it feels some days.

21 on the bike this morning. A little debris on the roads and water right up to the roadside in a couple of places but otherwise fine.

Be safe. Be kind.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Yay Jay!

Let's give this a try: Wednesday's workouts:

Spunky57 - 4 post-work Wednesday miles.

Anneb - 5.8 EZ staycation miles.

R!unnerKSA - 3.2 hard morning miles.

Dave59 - 4 humid morning miles in the park.

Fatozzig - 1 hr of morning core/ST.

Twocat - gym work routine.

Falconfixer - 5 morning miles in DC at 9+ min. pace.

Mike - 10 miles with 6 at tempo pace (6:39).

Joe618 - 5K evening club trail race in 36:45.

Me? I got nothing today:

rats3.

As for me, busy post-tri week but fit in a non-post worthy 5+5-mile cycle-mute in between all the other swirlings going on in the year long build-up to a 25th anniversary Seattle-to-Portland STP next July but, after watering all DW’s flowers while she gets ready for a meniscus repair to get her bum knee back into her beloved summer tennis classes, did think seriously about posting anyway as it was the first time in my life to water anything under a full moon to say nothing of the summer’s first Midnight Madness splash’n’swim with the full moonlight making every stroke’n’splash like having underwater sparklers in your hand but, with no recap, no need to bother.

Thanks jay.

Please stay on vacation as long as possible.

Just hope you don't forget how to read my posts. Smile

Tammy - good luck.
                Even three-or-updates a day would not be too many
                until you’re out of wildfire evac-prep mode.
                Scary.  Guess David’s still down on the river.

Neat - Lincoln trial courtroom.

Do they have a transcript?

Tramps - sorry to say but after a lifetime of serious caring

and doing as much as I could about it, sometimes I think

I'm getting too old to care so much anymore.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Fly by to say I got in 4.3 miles, plus a few weights exercises.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

good morning. 

Had a nice dinner last night at my parents. It was my little cousin's 39th bday so he and his wife (who now live in so. oregon also) were over and his 16 yr old daughter flew out from Utah for a few days also . I haven't seen her since she was about 5 or so and her and David barely remember each other at all, so was nice for them to reconnect. Now they are snapchat buddies too  . 

lots of fire activity last night but as far as I understand it, it was due to all the back-burning they are doing, so theoretically 'under control'. man, I don't know how they do it - keep these raging fires under control when you are working in a tinder box.  Still waiting on the daily briefing from the Task Commander to learn how their operations went over night.

Tammy

Yeah, is Jay supposed to do the daily wrap up on vacation?? 

2.28 mile walk/run this a.m. - mostly walking.  Everything felt pretty good, except I could feel my right glute getting tight toward the end.  I just shoved my fist into it and rubbed while I was walking, then rolled and stretched really well when I got home.

I may have a line on an ortho from my all points bulletins on FB to various running clubs within a 6- hr radius.  Fingers crossed!

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SPUNKY57

Spunky57

Hi Friends! I ran 4 miles after work yesterday. Mid 70's and felt pretty pleasant. It was storming this morning so will have to get something in today after work.

Sounds like every one is singing the same song! Humid, sticky, sweaty! Smile

Henrun

We’re on a mini vacation in DC. Stayed with family in Maryland for 2 nights and now in Washington at a hotel for another2 nights. No running yet but yesterday about 10 miles of walking in the H&H. Last night our cousins treated us to a Red Sox, Orioles “game”. After an hour’s drive to Baltimore we settled in for what we expected would be a Sox rout. It started out that way with multi homers and the Sox were ahead 5-0 after 1amd 1half innings. And then the monsoons came. We waited almost an hour during the delay, fortunately under a covered stand. Finally we left for the long drive back. The game was eventually called off and didn’t count since they played so few innings. We had fun anyway and our cousins get to see another game on the rain checks.

Sounds like every one is singing the same song! Humid, sticky, sweaty! Smile

...yep,

Just the Way We Like It.......

.........Welcome Aboard Spunky//.....lotsa Supportive People here.....

================

well,

mid-90s  no breeze

(after

missing

literally Summer-Fall-and Winter with my 1st Hip Replacement,

Think

''Room Temperature'' for essentially 3/4 of the year)

I can

honestly report

I LOVE IT

......60-min HH 3-4s....

methinks Temperature is a Relative Thing

............Good Running to Ya......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

I spoke to a woman this afternoon who is on the BOD of a Redding, CA, running club - SWEAT - and who works in a hospital there.  She referred me to a Dr. Tony Chang at Shasta Orthopedics and it looks like he's in-network with my insurance. *Fingers Crossed!*

Tammy - Most of Redding is on evacuation alert.  The Carr fire tripled in size overnight to 20,000 acres. It's about 1/2 a mile from Patients' Hospital.  Between Southern OR and Northeast CA, it's ugly. 

MTA: I HAVE A DOC APPT IN 3 WEEKS!!! *insert dancing bananas*

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Joe618

We’re on a mini vacation in DC. Stayed with family in Maryland for 2 nights and now in Washington at a hotel for another2 nights. No running yet but yesterday about 10 miles of walking in the H&H. Last night our cousins treated us to a Red Sox, Orioles “game”. After an hour’s drive to Baltimore we settled in for what we expected would be a Sox rout. It started out that way with multi homers and the Sox were ahead 5-0 after 1amd 1half innings. And then the monsoons came. We waited almost an hour during the delay, fortunately under a covered stand. Finally we left for the long drive back. The game was eventually called off and didn’t count since they played so few innings. We had fun anyway and our cousins get to see another game on the rain checks.

I actually listened to that game on my MLB App as I drove home from my 5K last night.   The Red Sox announcers were really bummed they might not get the game to count, especially after Mookie hit that 3 run homer in the 2nd.   They'll be OK.   And the O's are selling everyone off, it seems, with Briton going to the Yankees.

Anne saw an awesome game at Wrigley this afternoon...two homers in the bottom of the 9th for a Cubs win.   Nice.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.