Masters Running

Thursday, Aug 6 Master Run, Workouts and Baby watching..... (Read 454 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

WRFB and PDR - any news yet???

I got up 3 days in a row to run!!    I guess the early hours caught up with me this morning, as I found myself putting my phone out to get a GPS signal, rather than my Garmin!       Once I got that figured out, Brinkley and I went out for 3 miles at 10:33 pace.   Still struggling a bit, but I know it will get easier.   I also went for a 6 mile bike ride last night, so my legs were a little tired from that I suppose.

Happy Day Everyone!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Beautiful morning 58F & sunny  went out for 5 easy miles

Last evening 5k Cross Country race in 25:04 I'm very happy with that,  the course is probably close to 3 minutes slower than a flat road race.  2nd Grand Masters out of 6. 

Ericka I hope your air improves soon, that must be terrible. 

Good day everyone! 

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Let us know if your phone latches onto a GPS signal Mary.  That might come in handy as we gab away on the phone and forget where we are.

My recovery run this morning was easy.  The legs wanted to go for some reason and I had to hold them back.  3.5 miles at 9:50 pace.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Tramps

Easy 5-miler @ 8:49 in steady showers.

Be safe. Be kind.

Morning, gang!

Mary - congratulations on making it 3 days in a row! 

Sarge - I envy your 58 degrees! 

Tramps - I don't envy your steady showers.

Erika - I would gladly send you the extra rain we've been getting for the last few months.  Hope your smoke clears soon.

((((((((runningsmarter))))))) - those summer colds suck.

Any little grandbeer yet??

The weather was deceptive this morning.  Humidity at home was low, and it was almost chilly when Jesse and I went out at 5:00. Unfortunately, the decreased humidity hadn't made it to the shore, so my run was soggy in spite of the cooler 66 degree temp.  I neglected to bring water and regretted it mid-run.  8 hilly miles @ 10:16 and 160 AHR. 

Late blight (fungal disease) is decimating the tomatoes in New England and apparently now spreading to the potatoes.  The extremely wet spring and summer we've had to date have provided ideal growing conditions for the fungus.  I haven't seen any evidence of infection in my plants - presumably because the deer prune off the new growth before the fungus can get a foothold ;-). 

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Morning everyone. IRC here today:  54°, low humidity and not much wind. It hasn't been a warm summer so far, but the running conditions have been awesome. 6.5 miles, a nice 9:41 pace.

No posts from WRFB or PDR makes me wonder if there's baby news!

Hey Sarge - nice job last night!

Breger - when are you coming up for some cool weather?

Mary - I passed a woman running this morning while she was talking on a cell phone. Geeze - can't we just do one thing at a time any more?

Foot okay this morning Tramps?

All of our weekend houseguests begin to arrive this afternoon. I can do this, I can do this, I can .......

Yeah Mary---3 days in a row. I put the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard the other day---just too much to think about.

Tomatoes okay here (probably because we only grew cherry and grape types in pots on the deck).

Easy 3.5 miler at 6:45 am---crisp at 56º

Got the execu-drag on now and off to a meeting in Boston.

Thanks Divechief Smile  And yep, you'll be there in no time, just let it come instead of forcing it and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Nice job Mary, yes, it'll get easier.

Nice race Sarge!  And then another five this morning, impressive.

We need to send Tramps' showers to Sue!

Thanks for the hugs Sue, yes they do!  I'm almost back to normal, maybe tomorrow or Sat.  And DD is getting there too, again, maybe another day.

Jlynne, I ran with a cell phone once because I was waiting for a call and couldn't wait any longer for my run and sure enough the call came while I was running and I just kept running Smile

I guess the couple of days off left my legs rested at least.  On today's run (and the rest of my runs until the marathon) I decided to go back to what was working for me in the past and that is to just run and not worry about pace, just run by effort.  I wore my garmin but only looked at the time because my schedule called for a 47 min run.  I kept it just above an easy effort and was surprised when the distance and pace were 5.57 mi (8:26).  My rt achilles only had a slight twinge right as I was finishing which is good progress in the recovery.  No striders, didn't want to overdo it on the achilles.

I'll have to go check out who's racing this weekend, GL to those who are racing!

Happy Thur runs

rs

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)

Renee the dog

Mary - I passed a woman running this morning while she was talking on a cell phone. Geeze - can't we just do one thing at a time any more?

No, because for some reason we bought into that crap of an Enjoli commercial back in the 70s....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X4MwbVf5OA

No running for me today so far.   Hope that changes before evening!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Uh Mary.. maybe yesterday's 300 crunches and 30 situps had something to do with  it? Good to take it easy today.

(ps.. my phone gets GPS signal Smile )

WTG Sarge! 2nd Grand Masters!

RS-- that active recovery seems to be helping your AT.  That's the same approach I have with my knee. I talked with Charlie Engle in April (who ran across the Sahara) and he said they just run through it unless the Dr says it's really bad. He said things would hurt and then heal while running.

You 50's °F people.. UNFAIR

4 Magical Healing Miles (2 with dogs) in 40:05 (10:01 pace, AHR 140). Rain stopped during early part of run, a bit humid afterwards Wink Shirtless in the rain felt nice and cool.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

IRC, 58, not much wind, overcast.  4 miles easy with 0.53 mile at once upon a time HM pace, (9:31).  Last week 104F, this week the furnace would come on in the mornings if I let it.

Erika, it really sucks that you have to do a lot of TM running in the winter, and now even in the summer with the smoke.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Good morning!

Dg - more good news!

CNYrunner - grape tomatoes have been my favorites this yesr.

Runningsmarter - I have been fighting a summer cold this week as well, but thankfully it has remained relatively minor.  Hope yours gets better quickly.

Erica - what Enke said...

10.05 miles for me today, including 5 tempo @ 8:21 in the middle.

I moved to southern Cal when I was 19, floundered around for 12 years, met my DH, and moved badk to Ohio with him when I was pregnant with DS.  Although we are having a lovely visit here, DH and I both agree that we are SO glad we don't live here anymore.  Overcrowded, overpriced, overstressed - major traffic, cement and strip malls that go on and on and on and on once you leave the beach....My SIL's house, 6 miles inland, is worth $700,000, and is roughly the same size as our home, that we bought for $152,000 last year, and we have a big yard, which they don't.   DH and I agree that working class stiffs like us could never have the life here that we have in Ohio.   People here would be amazed that anyone would want to live anywhere else, but we are so much happier where we are.

I did have a  wildlife sighting on this morning's run.  As I ran along in the bike lane, a big rat (yes, a rat) broke cover and ran along the sidewalk before diving back into a bush. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

No, because for some reason we bought into that crap of an Enjoli commercial back in the 70s....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X4MwbVf5OA

No running for me today so far.   Hope that changes before evening!

quick, quick,  an antidote!!!   somebody name a tune.  

teresa, nice run with your daughter.  runnningsmarter, I'm sorry to hear you've got a cold on top of your tough 3 weeks.  Sarge, good job on the 5K CC race.

Nice long runs for bike (with speedwork), WRFB, tramps, CNY, and holly.  Good job on the speedwork for deez, breger, and dg.

This morning it was in the low 50s and there was just a light breeze.  I got in 12 miles in about 1:18:40 for a 9:53 pace.  It didn't feel too bad and boosted my confidence enough that I think I'll register for the Crim 10 miler (takes place in just over 2 weeks) later today.  I appreciate the thoughts that came my way when I was feeling discouraged the other day.  I hope I'm over it.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

TammyinGP

I agree with you Holly. I had been a city dweller for years before moving to a rural area when our son was almost a year old. At the time that I was childless and living in Seattle, I loved it - so much to do, etc. But when we went back to visit last month (the first time since we moved from there 9 yrs ago), we were quickly reminded that although it was a fun place to visit and experience some new and exciting things that we don't have here in Oregon, it's not a type of lifestyle we'd ever ever evah want to go back to. 

We got a nice reprieve from our heat - thunderstorms moved in last night - had quite the lightening and thunder extravaganza, which fortunately was accompanied by heavy rain. We even got so much hail that the streets appeared to be coated with snow. It even was chilly enough to throw on a sweatshirt last night. Felt nice for a change. Too bad I had to go to work and couldn't take advantage of a very cool morning for a run.

Busy month at work for me and I still have three days I HAVE to take for vacation this month or I lose them. I am taking the last three Mondays of the month off. My son starts school on the 31st and I have always taken the first day of school off so I can be home when he gets home. I'm taking the 24th off because we are going to drive to Redding, CA (3 hrs from us) to go to the real big water park down there and I'm taking the 17th off as DH is having Mohs surgery that day.

Tomorrow is our company rafting trip. Only supposed to be about 80 tomorrow, so not a REAL hot day on the river, but fun nonetheless. Then we have a big buffet style dinner for all the employees afterwards. And then tomorrow evening around 8 p.m., we are getting together with some friends to go watch a movie in the park. They are showing Rudy tomorrow night. Should be fun.

Hoping to hear news from the Beers soon!

Have a great day everyone!

Tammy