Masters Running

A Plea for Help (Read 543 times)

OK people, really wonderful Seattle weekend, Erika and DH Peter are superior hosts and deserve huge credit for all they did to make the event so special.  Don't make me explain.  Really. 

The interest and support from here were most appreciated, thank you all so much.  There are probably way too many pictures to which you are about to be subjected.  My cheeks hurt from smiling.

I need to tell you that there are some tender feelings.  Y'all were watching our splits, yet somehow Mariposai and Dove (who ran together and danced together at every band station) were not included.  Yikes, how did that happen???

Imagine their pain and confusion at being excluded (not to point any fingers, Brill, but y'know what I mean here?) while so many of the rest of us were having our splits posted.  They are jockettes, yes, and tough as nails, but they are also real people with feelings and their hearts were most bruised. 

If you think I jest, note if Mariposai has been posting here.  ?????   Anyone hear from her???  Our butterfly is tucked into a barren bush and our Dove is desolate under a deserted eave.   

The Positive Affirmations we did together helped, but there is much healing left to be accomplished.    Our flying girls are more sensitve than we think.

Show them some love?  Reach out?  Please?

grins,

A

ps:   Sorry, but I just have to say this one more time:  Tammy is only just beginning to hit some running goals.  She is going to make some noticable progress if she keeps at it in the months ahead.  It was a privilege to be a small part of her first (and certainly not last) marathon.  More importantly, spending those miles with her gave me a glimpse of who she is, and that is a really remarkable woman, wife, and mom.  It was something I will cherish.

Masters 2000 miles
      A - I wasn't able to keep track of any of the race, but my heart was there with each and every one of you, including The Butterfly and The Dove.  Please tell them to come out of hiding.  We want to know ALL about their adventure.  Mariposai always writes the most marvelous, indepth reports.  They are real treat to read.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

jthank you so much amy for saying this.  Even though I:m implicated, it makes me happy as, if we were not all such good friends, you couldn`t have told us. 

I`m so sorry to have missed the big fiesta and was one of those who very much appreciated the postings of times, etc. In particular, my computer access over here in tokyo is marginal at best.

However, being slow and being left out of many such posting in the past too, nobody should feel left out by any of us who weren`t able to be there and had to watch afar what we were missing so much.

In particular, as I posted in my attempt at an update about 2am in the morning over here, the elite tracker would not produce eveyone:s progress along the way.  thus, I couldn:t get mikemp`s and missed evanika`s on the first time but got it about five minutes later.  timbo was one too.

below is the error message I got (as I posted it in my post too to make sure no one felt overlooked)

proly should not have been so general and should have apologized right then and there to everyone I was missing but my computer time was running out and no time to check ilene`s intrepit to be sure

sorry.

---------------------------------------------------

Server Error in '/LiveElite' Application.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request.

Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I can assure you I will no longer post any splits/results online anymore.  

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Renee the dog

First of all, when I see a thread titled "Plea for help," and I know folks have been away, my first thought is that bail money needed to be raised.

Now to the subject at hand:  I couldn't figure out along the way how anyone did, 'cause no one posted any BIB NUMBERS! I figured people just wanted their privacy, and we'd hear about everything post-race. 

Reports were spotty and definitely incomplete.  I'm sorry people's feelings were hurt. I can understand that! And there were others besides Mariposai and Dove who weren't reported on, right?  Let's not forget them too, or else this can get to be a merry-go-round.   Please know that I for one am interested in everyone's races and hope for reports from all.  (p.s. Dove is a new runner to me...I don't frequent all the threads here, and I don't recall that screen name in the daily or xc thread).  Hi Dove!  

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Oh, I didn't post anything but please know that we were interested in ALL of you! Please don't be upset! Byll was just trying to be helpful to those of us that don't have a clue of how to see times but wanted to know what was going on.  All of you are lovely people.  Byll, thank you for giving us the information that you did.  I'm sure any hurt feelings were totally unintentinal. (sp) No one here seems to be that kind of person. 

I love you ALL and know that I care about how all of you do as I'm sure we all do.  Sorry to be repetitive but darn it I hate when people's feelings get hurt and someone didn't intend to do it at all so they are hurt too. 

dg.

Oh, I didn't post anything but please know that we were interested in ALL of you! Please don't be upset! Byll was just trying to be helpful to those of us that don't have a clue of how to see times but wanted to know what was going on.  All of you are lovely people.  Byll, thank you for giving us the information that you did.  I'm sure any hurt feelings were totally unintentinal. (sp) No one here seems to be that kind of person. 

I love you ALL and know that I care about how all of you do as I'm sure we all do.  Sorry to be repetitive but darn it I hate when people's feelings get hurt and someone didn't intend to do it at all so they are hurt too. 

just have to echo this.   hope no one is hurt. 

group hug.

Mariposai

For Bregarcito and you ALL

We love ya!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Please know that I for one am interested in everyone's races and hope for reports from all. 

What nono said.  Smile

Posie - thanks for posting the pic.  Y'all look fabulous, as always.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Poor Timbo.. nobody tracked him and we didn't know if he had any heart problems along the way....

But glad all had a great time, yuz rock!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

King of PhotoShop

I'll tell you what upsets me the most.  Here I am trying to help that maverick runner Mariposai.  She is in outstanding shape and the week before the race I gave her final instructions:

"Now first thing is, don't forget to show up at the race on time for the start.  This is very important!!"  So what does she do?  Rides around with her husband touring Seattle for a couple of hours and shows up late for the start.  What kind of success can I expect from this woman if this is the way she pays attention?

Then there was her pacing.  I said to her, "You are ready for a breakthrough race.  I want you to go out at 7:30 per mile, no excuses.  Bury the competition." 

"Okay," she says.  I'll go get 'em!"

And what does she do?  Hooks up with Dove, stops at every rock band and dances, and drinks margaritas instead of Gatorade at all the aid stations.  I tell you, the coaching business is a tough one.

As to Aamos above, she has her tongue in her cheek of course.  Disregard her humor.  This is a woman who:

a)  can't roast a loin of pork

b)  thinks all jailed people are innocent

c)  roots for the Red Sox

Take a woman like this seriously at your own risk.   Spareribs

Aamos beware.  If I ever get within a state or so of you, I'm going to bop you upside the head.  I can see now why Spareribs hates you so.

Smart man that Ribs.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mariposai

now my heart is smiling again.......

on with the celebration!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Was this originally started on April 1?????

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Aamos, you were no "small" part of my first marathon. You were  a major player! Even better than those major players on that team you lurve so much. . .  Red Socks? or something like that. . . .

Aamos kept me laughing all weekend. This woman (as well as her husband!) have a witty sense of humor!

Tammy