Masters Running

4.13.13 Soggy Saturday Daily (Read 38 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Tammy - Great Race!

Fran - jump on in!

Dave - looks like you'd need waterwings for that 5K.

6 easy-paced miles for me this morning in a windy 40 degrees.

I bought tickets to see a local college production of Godspell, one of my favorites, but DH is not feeling well so I'm taking DS instead.  In a couple years he may be out off the house and my chances to spend quality time with him are diminishing....Undecided

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Not soggy in Richmond today.

Welcome Fran--glad to have you part of the crowd.

Mari--so sorry to hear about such a bad double header--even worse for such young people. Sad

I ran the Ukrop's 10K this morning while visiting DW's cousin.  Surprised myself greatly with a 57:06 (Garmin said 56:59, but I stopped for a few seconds to wave at DW on the return leg).  Running my age was a dream, and after my latest over 6 miel run, not expected.  I wanted to run 9:30 pace the whole way, so I could break an hour this year, but every time I checked, the pace was going down and I was feeling fine.  so I just let it go Smile  Negative mile splits almost the whole way and 7's to cross the line!  Can you tell I'm excited?  I was even less than 2x the winning time.  This is a BIG race, so I finished 7377th out of 32, 226, which is a little higher than normal, but there were a LOT of walkers.  The first wave started at 8:30 and the last at 10:00.  (I left at 8:49, so got a chance to watch the elites go by and then head to the the start.

and Tramps--the weather was absolutely perfect. low 50's with only a light breeze. I can only hope that you boston folks get as good.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Troy - glad you read me.
        Hope you get through the passes and back home today.
        Over. 

I finally got my macho-wagon with a old used moster Chevy Blazer when my son got his driver license back in '87..  It had two tanks and took me aback by costing $50 to fill up in those days (\proabably $150 now) so I didn't mind it a bit when he was practicing slaloming in the sand dunes and rolled it enough times to total it.  Glad it was heavy duty as seat-belted son and friends all okay.

Though I’m getting to kind of like this getting old business, it’s very painful and unfair when so many other don’t get too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

Sorry about this loss Mariposai.

Good job today Tammy.

Welcome Fran.

Saint and I are in place now at the Hyatt in Cambridge. Lovely hotel but not near anything.  We're in bed and looking forward to a sound sleep, as tomorrow's schedule is busy, with Robin's party, then the Pre-race dinner.

I hope my fellow runners here have a great day, as the weather is going to be super.  Spareribs

I had no use for a truck but just wanted one.  I got an old, beater, 3/4 ton Ford and loved it.  That was 30 years ago.  I'm now on my 6th truck.  I still don't need one and still want one.  My current truck is a 2007, Dodge Dakota, extended cab, 4X4, bright red.  I love my truck. 

I thought this was really cute.

Sometimes our hearts out weight reason.

Enjoy the weekend.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

Mariposai, that is such sad news. I'm glad you're going to make their wedding cake. Life is just hard to explain sometimes.

Yeah, I thought Tom's statement about his truck was great. Sure beats having a vehicle and saying "meh, it's ok...." And I'm not feeling sorry for MikeE either. You know, a lot of folks around here have a beater they drive in the winter and a nice "summer car" they drive from May thru September. Starting to see a few of those on the roads now.

Nice racing for Tammy and Stumpy! Wow, you guys are running so well these days.

Holly, enjoy Godspell! I love that show. When I was in high school, my best friend's dad was the director of the theater department and Godspell was one of the productions he did. Loved it, especially with the "back stage" liberties we had.

Today was finally a decent day! Not really warm, but it got up to about 30 and really sunny. Finally! Ran 7.1 miles on mostly clear bikepaths and it was really nice, even with a couple of slips on icy patches. I think we have about another week of this unseasonably cold conditions and then it should start to warm up fast. The problem with that is the increased chance for flooding, but hey, so be it!

TammyinGP

well, no PR today, but that's okay. I missed it by 4 seconds. gotta learn to run those tangents better. I ran an extra 1/10th mile so had I been better about that, I would have taken about 45 seconds off my time.

but was happy to place 12/75 in my AG (40-49). I am usually about the upper end of mid pack, so this was a better placement for me.

and 143/690 for females overall.

Tammy

Mariposai

well, no PR today, but that's okay. I missed it by 4 seconds. gotta learn to run those tangents better. I ran an extra 1/10th mile so had I been better about that, I would have taken about 45 seconds off my time.

but was happy to place 12/75 in my AG (40-49). I am usually about the upper end of mid pack, so this was a better placement for me.

and 143/690 for females overall.

What a great effort and look at the paces!!!! I celebrate you, ohh great speedy runner!

Thanks for your caring words towards the cancer issue with my loved ones. The bridal shower today was very, very emotional. The diagnosis is even worse than anticipated, but they are moving forward with the wedding.

I ran 11 miles today before I served as sherpa to my son Daniel and his friend Brandon who are training for their first marathon in May. 18 miler for them in hail, strong wind, rain, and sunshine.

Go Boston runners go!!!!

I always look forward to this weekend!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard