Masters Running

Happy Easter from Kansas (Read 283 times)

TomD

Hi All,

Happy Easter to all of my friends out there.  I have been processing well lately.  I am able to get around very well now.  Some things with a lot of motion, vacuuming, and lifting anything heavy I can not do. 

Tomorrow I will start going to the Cardio Rehabitation Center.  It will be 3 times a week and last 12 weeks.  I hope to be running soon.  It will be great to see my out of state running friends again, although that may not be until Fall.

It is one year this weekend that I lost my Donna, but my healthi is getting much better. 

My Easter is with my little ones, my 4 cats.  Although I am not able to touch them yet, because of possible infection, they are all around me.  They do sleep much of the time.

Our Love to all of you on this Holiday.

TomD and kids

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Best wishes to you, Tom.  Keep hold of the good memories, especially  at this time of the year.  I think you'll kick butt at cardio rehab.  Have a great year and hope you're back on the road soon (but not TOO soon)

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Tom - {{{hugs for you and chin-scratches for the kitties}}}  Happy Easter!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Glad to hear you're doing well, Tom. Are you getting help with the kitty chores? I have one and he's sometimes a lot of work, not sure how you're managing with 4 if you can't interact with them much. Hope you continue to get better and stronger every day.
          TomD

evanflein,

No, I am not getting any help of any kind.  The brushing and vacuuming the carpet are not happening.  I am able to pick up pieces of fur on the carpet.  I will have a lot to get done in another month or so when I am able to do such things again.  My home is a mess for now.  I am just not able to do things for now.  No one comes by so I am just living in it.  Things will be better in May and much better in June. 

Kansas was Donna's home state not mine.  I have no relatives here or close friends in Kansas.  I do very much like my job and employer as well as my home.  I feel some closest to Donna as look as I stay here.  I just can not get myself to leave here.  It may be difficult for other to understand.  The Love Donna and I shared was just so very great.  Our Love easy for others to see who we came in connect.  I may not be with another woman again, but I will always have my memortes of Donna's Love for me.

TomD

Tom, I'm glad to hear you are making progress in your recovery.  It sounds as though you have a good attitude about the rehab and rest of your recovery.  Take care, TomS
              SteveP

It's good to see a post from you Tom and also good that you're working your way back to recovery.

SteveP

Hi Tom!  Happy Easter to you.  I am glad to hear you are continuing to recover well.  I hope the Cardio Rehab goes well.  You will probably be their star patient!  I hope things continue to improve for you.  Please keep us posted.

Skip

((Tom))  wishing you a speedy recovery!! 

denise