Masters Running

Sept. 5 College Football Saturday! (Read 352 times)

A quick post start today as we're off to Gainesville to watch the Gators game tonight!  Woohoo!

17.65 miles in 2 hours 49 minutes for a 9:16 min/mile average.  Tinman stressed on this run he wanted "Easy, no Hard Running".  So I tried to keep things in check and did pretty well.  Only the last 3 miles did the HR exceed the 140's - which I consider the threshold between easy and not quite.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Slo

Very nice run Bill

GO HAWKEYES !!!!!

A nice an easy 8.43 miles for the log this morning. Now it's time to go reclaim my garage and get everybody else crap out of there !

Nice run, Bill.  (You, too, SLO!)

We're up in Cambridge, MA with dawndaughter1 and her family -- laundry, dishes, shopping are the plans for the weekend Smile  (and pictures!)

Nice run this morning on the Minuteman Trail -- we're right near the head and it's a beautiful, shady run with no vehicle traffic.

6.2 miles, 55:56, 8:57/mi, AHR 133 (68% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Nice runs out there gentlemen and very nice LR Bill!

5.1 mi for me during this taper, 1 mi warmup, 20:33 5k race, 1mi cooldown.

Pleasant runs all ...

rs

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)
            Good Morning folks

Waving to the Beers at the other end of the state----have fun with that sweet baby

Nice runs so far for all---tapering, sharpening, building the endurance---all flavors

8.6 miles for me at a steady 8:35 pace---8:00 am and 68º

Gardening, ferrying the kiddo to hockey practice (a 90 minute power skating clinic), and neighborhood shindig on tap.

Happy weekend

Slo

Nice runs out there gentlemen and very nice LR Bill!

5.1 mi for me during this taper, 1 mi warmup, 20:33 5k race, 1mi cooldown.

Pleasant runs all ...

rs

20:33.....

Awesome 5k !  Thats gotta be worth an AG finish.

Marathon Maniac #957

Nice runs already, and nice 5K race for Runningsmarter!

I set out thinking I would go ahead and do my LR today instead of tomorrow, but in spite of yesterday's rest day, my legs felt tired and sluggish, so I opted to stop at 8.35 easy-paced (10:02) miles and keep my LR tomorrow.  Trouble is, I overate yesterday, in anticipation of my LR, so here I am, all bloated up and nowhere to go….

….just in time for a trip to the waterpark for the last time of the season….

Happy Saturday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Great way to listen to your body Holly. Don't worry about the food...it will be energy for tomorrow. Have fun in the water park.

So glad to see that the Beers are visiting the new beerbaby. More pictures please.

Slo- when you finish with the garage come to visit mine, ok?

runningsmarter wowwwwwwwwwwww great 5k time there. Congrats.

CNYrunner, have fun in your shindig today. Great run as usual.

hi dg, how are my virtual berries doing?

hi stumpy, I was just thinking of you last night on my run. How is life?

carolyn, I dream in hiking with you someday...

hi theresa.

Off to the wildwoods now. See ya all later.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Wow fast 5K, Amie!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Ran 4.5 miles easy while had a hour to kill prior to my daughters xc invitaional meet this morning, just took it nice and easy as legs are a little beat up from midweek quality sessions and need to get my 18 miler in tommorow.  Nice conditions for the meet and some of this Jr high kids can move, winning boy ran the 2 mile race in 11:14. 

My daughter came in @ 16:32 which is 5 sec off PR, but 30 seconds better than last weeks run so pretty good race.  Keep trying to get out faster as think she is being too conservative the first mile.  She has just started running this past spring but has run decent 5ks and survived her only 5 miler so should have the endurance for the 2 mile event.

15 minutes to the kickoff of the 2009 Buckeye Season!  Not sure what genius scheduled Navy (who runs the ball 80 pct of time) as a tuneup 1 week before facing USC.  You would think it would be wise to find a small school that runs a similiar offense??

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Renee the dog

Got up before dawn, hydrated, dressed, set the Garmin outside, and then decided not to run.   Bayside was up and jumped up from his desk when I turned around and said, "I'm not running today."  He wanted to know what was wrong.  I told him I felt tired.

About an hour or so later, I realized it was mental tiredness, not physical.  When we got back this week, it was fall-like weather, fall-like crowds, and then last night, the crowds returned for the big final weekend.  I just mentally wasn't ready to deal with so many people.  I want my Coast back! <stamps foot like a big baby!>  Sooo, today will be a rest day, with a LR tomorrow and today's tempo on Monday. 

But how does that eliminate the crowds nono?  I'm betting on the alcohol/party/late night factor to keep the crowds lower tomorrow morning and the school's in session factor to keep Monday more moderate.  And even if they aren't, I can always tell myself, "The crowd was worse than this on Saturday morning!"

I will be slideboarding and doing some other core work later today, so it's not a total loss.

HEY, Mariposai, you comin' here???  LOL (I live on an island where the towns collectively are knows as "The Wildwoods.")  It is your time as the Monarchs are visiting!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

morning friends

definitely a speedy 5k for runningsmarter - nice job!!

glad 8:35's are an easy pace for Holly and CNY - wish i could say the same!!

nice long run bill

also waving hi to the beers from across the river!!

posai - enjoy your time in the wilderness!!

my pace was slower than i would have like but i ran with a group of friends and have to say i feel so much better than i have ever felt after a long run .......... could have kept going but want to be careful and not ramp up too quickly

13.5 mile in 2:30

then went to visit my 19 yr old at college since i didn't get to help move him in last weekend and now getting ready to go visit the 21 yr ol at the hospital

have a happy safe holiday weekend friends!

denise

spacityrunner

Got a late start to a short easy run this a.m.  3.2 in 40ish along the waterfront.  It was a tad warm but doable.  I started out with my HR higher than normal so I made sure to keep this easy peasy as I want to do 7 miles tomorrow a.m.

Day of cleaning and cooking...and heading to my neighborhood nursery find some pretty grasses to plant in my indoor plantesr so my kittys have something fun to nibble on...

It has been a very long and difficult week for me this week..I am very much looking forward to Monday off...

I know nothing of football, college or otherwise....

Ribs:  Hope your feeling better today...how about a virtual hug??  (((Ribs)))

Nice to see the grandbeers spending time with the beerbaby...

Holly, you will get rid of that extra food on Sunday...it just sucks to have to carry it around for an extra day

Time to brush the kittys...

Good runs and good day everyone

Trails Rock!

Maniac 505

loped along for an easy 5 this morning,  off to the music and arts festival that is next door to my condo. 3 days,  Sheryl Crow,  Modest Mouse,  Black Eyed Peas and hundreds more.  the rain should keep the crowds down, but it looks like Mariposi is headed for several days of hiking in the rain

Quick report in:  DW finished her first ever 10 mile (yes, a local race that was not at some random odd distance) today!  A new distance PR for her!  Later when I get a chance.

Ribs I hope your blues are gone today.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/