Masters Running

I'm ba-ack! Well, sort of (Read 225 times)

A recap of my life since my last run on February 5:  AT killing me; blizzard; snow days; shoveling; AT still sore; dead tired; worked ahead on grad class stuff during 3 snow days; another blizzard; more snow days; more shoveling; AT feeling better; working to get coaching business started; ready to start running again; more snow; more shoveling; weekend-long web design boot camp; mom fell off a TM (told you they were evil!) and broke her shoulder; more snow, snow days, and shoveling; another weekend of web design boot camp; AT fine; now I think I have carpal tunnel from too much web design; mom's shoulder replacement surgery (went really well); kids' Shakespeare performance; finally a sunny, warm weekend in NJ and . . .

. . . . . I'm going to RUN on the boardwalk this afternoon!!!!!

I totally needed the break from running, but I sure didn't need all of those reasons to take one.  I utterly burned out from running and stressing over the "need" to train for a marathon, even though deep in my heart I knew I wasn't ready.  Now I'm not exactly back at square one, but I'm most definitely back in newbie land.  I'm setting my sights on Hartford in October, although I'm not sure whether it will be the full or the half, and starting one step at a time.  

The interesting thing is that I only gained 2 pounds during my exercise hiatus, but it feels more like 12.  I can't wait to MOVE again.

I'm so glad that things have finally settled down enough to give me time to realize how much I missed all of you guys and how happy I'm going to be to make time to check in with the magnificent RA masters every day.

Eliz  Smile

flomotioncoaching.com

evanflein

Welcome back, Eliz. Break time's over, time to get back to it! 

Marathon Maniac #957

Yay - she's back!  Good to see you, Eliz.  I figured you were super-busy, but it sounds like you had much more than busy-ness going on.  Glad to have you back.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

You've been missed Eliz.

Drop and give us 50

SteveP

wildchild

Carolyn

Welcome back!  I've been wondering where you were, but figured you were extra busy as usual.   Did your mom fall off the TM because she was watching the cute guys near her?  (Remember TimBo's story?)

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Being in grad school can kill ya right there!  What degree are you working on?

I hope you resume your quest for a full marathon because I continue to live vicariously 

through you and others.  

Drop and give us 50

Welcome back Liz. Glad you finally see the light at the end of the tunnel (and it's not an on-coming train!)

Blizzards and snow....gotta love that carp.  Don't stress about the marathong decision, just go out and run for the pure joy of just moving your legs/body.

I think you can start with one push-up, don't listen to Steve.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Glad I'm not the only one to have disappeared during February....your month sounds crazier than mine.

DON'T sweat the marathon plans...just run, like Enke says. You'll get there.

Sorry to hear about your Mom.....replacement surgery? That must have been some fall.