Masters Running

Last miles of the Boston in course....in 1982 (Read 249 times)

mikeymike posted this over in the swamp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmzljrUrwKE Awe-inspiring, no?
    Masters 2000 miles
      Awe-inspiring, no?
      Yes...definitely! They run at ~5minute per mile pace and make it look silly easy. Unbelieveable! That 'duel in the sun' was in the 60's for temps (unlike my last Boston marathon-where it was in the mid 80's in 2004...) It is cool when Beardsley tries one last surge at the end, cutting in front of the motorcycle and thinks he can catch Salazar, but then he pulled away one last time. Salazar lived directly across my DW when she was a kid growing up in Manchester CT...his brother was the star on the track team-not him...hmmm. Shows that sometimes the best IS yet to come...

#artbydmcbride

Crazy crowded too! Shocked

Runners run

Maniac 505

How cool. Arf and I met Dick Beardsley last year at Seattle. He was really easy to talk to, a great guy. (and maniac #133) After that meeting I read Duel in the Sun, an incredible story. it puts my little ailments in perspective. Dave

Marathon Maniac #957

Yes...definitely! They run at ~5minute per mile pace and make it look silly easy. Unbelieveable!
            Exactly my thoughts.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Fabulous and they look so smooth and in control. I have read the book a bunch of times and love seeing the real action. Thanks! I'll add a daily viewing to my taper madness ritual. CNY
              btb1490

Thanks Aamos! Most definitely inspiring! I get goosebumps every time I see that, or read about it.