Masters Running

Tuesday, January 1 Happy New Year Runs (Read 293 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

No run for me yet, but I wanted to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone here.  May 2013 be a stellar year for each and every one of you, abundant with health and happiness....Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thanks for the start Holly!

Instead of racing as planned today, I opted to run with Hudson (4 miles) and then added a few more for an 8.8 miler with some strides in the last mile.

We listened to the BBC’s new year’s broadcast and did some time travel to ring in the new year-----asleep by 9:30 pm with one ear open to make sure the kiddo got back by his curfew---he did and all was well.

Sounds like similar laws govern our soon-to-be drivers Holly. The kiddo opted for the one-week intensive classroom instruction since sports, homework, and his job made the one day a week option too tough (12 hours with the instructor still to be done).  He also needs 40 hours driving with us and must be at least 16.5 years-old before he can even take his license/road test---that’s not until the end of February. It’s a bit slower going here too as we try to find time to drive along with him. I  am guessing he’ll have his license by the summer and luckily our insurance rates actually don’t go up much at all (unless he screws up).

Happy New Year to all.

Happy New Year everyone,

May this be a wonderful running year for you!

Off to the Hangover Classic at 11am.  It is a free fun time prediction run, since this a scheduled no run day I'll be predicting very slow like 31 minutes. Everyone brings a dish and we eat like it's 1999....

Karin the time traveler, very interesting!Cool

College football, yes!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

coastwalker

Mornin' ladies, Sarge, and all to,follow, and Happy New Year too!

I create and publish DW's family'snewsletter every year. I got it finished and sent (electronically) by about 9pm last night. Unlike Congress, I made my deadline...Roll eyes

No one else is up yet, so I got the coffee going, did some stretching, including my planks, and got showered. In a couple of,house, we'll all be off to our Hangover Classic (11:30 start). Looking forward to a fun race with family, a good day, and a greta year. And I hope you all get '13 off to a great start too!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good morning and a very Happy New Year to all! The last couple weeks have been pretty stressfull,new job and father in-law passing on the 22nd took a toll on the running.So started the new year with an easy 5 miler @ 8:30 pace.

Run Happy in 2013!Smile

...mornin' guys//..........putting up the ChristmasStuff today

========

28min PoolRun........

all

The FreakShow Regulars were there-

A Runner who can't Run

The Old Guy  who can barely get in or out of the pool, and swims with Flippers and a Snorkel,

A Lady who brings her OxygenTank

and

The Retarded Guy

this will be

the 4TH YEAR

I have had the priviledge of Working Out with these guys.

they have taught me

that there is more than One Way to Judge An Athlete

And

Nothing Takes the Place of Persistence

...............good running guys................Celebrate Your Overlooked Heroes

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

A great run this morning. Well the best I have had in a few years anyway. The old ticker seems much better since the operation. Will sign up for a spring five 5K.

Hoping to be a more regular poster this year!!!!

great to read some Tom White again..are you a published author yet!!

Great year to you to Holly!!!!

CNY good run with Hudson...nice to see that.

Good luck with the prediction run Sarge.

Hi runr_nut  your new to me but wish you a less stressful 2013

and to everyone else, lets give her this year...this is going to be an excellent year!!!!! I am making it so.

Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Happy 2013 everyone! Sounds like lots of hangover races today. There's a town north of here that celebrates the new year with the Polar Bear Plunge which involves donning swimming suits and jumping into Lake Michigan. They're expecting over 800 people today, and with temps below zero I bet no one stays in the water very long!

Nice to see a post from Tall - and glad your operation was a success. Keep us posted on your progress.

Tom, thanks for being the picture of patience this morning. Our Y was filled with resolution people and  I grumbled trying to pass some of them on the track this morning.  I should have been happy that they made the choice to start the new year with a more healthy lifestyle. Four miles for me and my one minute plank which didn't seem as bad today.

Have a good start to the new year everyone.

SteveP

Out of lurking mode. We've (DW TAG & I) have been sneaking work outs in. I'm spending as much time as possible with a high school drinking buddy who is now in hospice. He's been clean 4 years and though we are the same age, he looks like he's 90. Right now, he's nearly 90 miles away from other friends and family. As I've come down with a cold, I won't head up there today. We'll see how a work out goes.

SteveP

C-R

Happy '13 all. Started with an easy 5 miler today. Legs still tired from the double yesterday capped off with 2 hours of ice skating with DS1. Fun stuff.

Good to see things ok Tall and here's hoping for some peace to you runr_nut.

Don't worry Jlynne - they will have faded by Feb and things will be less crowded.

Must be fun to have Hudson as a running partner CNY. Our dog Mickey went once with me and made it a 1/2 mile and quit.

Enjoy the football everyone. Only a few days until the big game. Go Irish!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

Nothing Takes the Place of Persistence

I agree!

I ran 5 miles outside today, but my legs and hind end were pretty stiff from yesterday's lower body workout, so I came home.  But then I hopped on the TM and ended up running 6 more miles because I got caught up in some movie on AMC.

11 miles total, plus my planks

Anyone know how to put the YTD mileage back up on the log summary?  When I tried to figure out how many miles I ran in 2012, all I could seem to do is make a graph.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning everybody!  Yeah, nice to see you back and at it again, tall.

Well, even though I wasn't scheduled to run, today, I went out for 2...maybe 3...at the most 4.  Once I got out there, though, I thought, "hmmm...do I want to do my scheduled 10 miler tomorrow at home, where it was 4 below this morning, or take care of it today where it's 67?"  Yeah--I went 10...in 1:14:25.

A little boat ride with the kids then to the airport...why do I have to leave?  Come on, give me one good reason.

Okay--I gotta go!

janie b good

hi everyone!  streets are still icy here... 3.25 treadmill miles for me.

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Dave59

I wonder if the gym is crowed today or does that start tomorrow?

I had a pretty nice 6.24 mile run today.  I started on a 6-mile loop but with an option to quit at any time if my toes got too cold.

I was happy with my Resolution 5k yesterday.  24:40.  A middle of the road time compared to my other 2012 5k's.  I was glad to be under an 8:00 pace.  Initial results had me 8 of 16 in the 50-54 group, but final results had me 4 of 17 in the 53-58 age group.  I'll take the second set.  75 of 333 overall in both sets.

Hi Maestros and Maestras, A nice little 3+ mile run for me -- the mean streets of Eugene were very quiet this morning. Greet the year with grace, like TW's swimming crowd, and goofy laughter.