Masters Running

Sunday 1/11 Runs and Adventures (Read 420 times)

Hill Runner

Good morning all, where is everyone? ...Thinking about Erika at Disneyworld this morning IRC here 51F and cloudy. I didn't plan on running as long as I did and should have brought more than 1 GU. I could have used another one at 18 but all in all I still felt pretty good. 20.02 miles of hills @ 9:11 pace. Good runs to all today!

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
    Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
    Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Hill Runner

Wow..no posts all morning then 3 at the same time ! We need a mod to merge Big grin

Upcoming Races:

Hey Enke and Peter - great minds think alike! I was wondering where everyone was this morning, and now there's three posts at the same time. Nice long run this morning, Peter. I was thinking about Erika myself. Hope the starting temps and crowds aren't too bad. I heard that the start of Disney is brutal because there's so many people.

Hill Runner

Temps in FL are in the 70's right now, not exactly ideal...

Upcoming Races:

Ok Peter, you win! Here is my post: Where is everyone?? I have not run yet, just up early. Spent some time in the rain last night, in the dark, trying to see the mud coated runners coming down the hill at Bridle Trails. Finally, Franc59 and her friend came in for some water/food/new dry clothing and took off again to do two more 5 mile laps. It was pouring. I was so glad to drive home and hop into my warm dry bed! Franc and her friend looked very determined to finish that 50K when I left. I saw other people taking DNF's. Go Boomer Women!!!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

I got up really early this morning and didn't find the daily.....now there are two....!!!! In any case...Bridle trails 50K trail run: 6:47:something ...... in rain, mud ,darkness....it is certainly worth a RR..an experience I won't soon forget.... Good day to all, Francesca
                So many choices about where to post. Hitched up the Yaks and went out for 8 after about 4 inches of snow last night. City of Rochester is very good about plowing their sidewalks, even on a Sunday. Other municipalities forced me into the road, but luckily traffic was light. Temp was 20 and wind chill 10. This was my longest run in quite some time but it felt good. Now off to the gym to finish working out. Peter great run! JLynne I didn't have as many miles as degrees in me, way to overcome the elements.
                Mariposai

Francesca, yes your adventure last night is something worthy of a long RR. I can't wait to read it. I was thinking of you all night last night. 6 miles on fresh snow Of to find some power stuff to ski on. go erika go!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Good snowy morning everyone. I found a couple of Dinsey results - my buddy Brian finished in 3:17:52, my wife's nephew finished in 3:19:18 but I can'f find anything on Erika. Confused I hope everything is ok. Sunday - 8.01 miles - 1:07:55 (8:29) 8:27 - 8:30 - 8:29 - 8:30 - 8:29 - 8:30 - 8:29 - 8:30

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

This has gotta be the right post (no mention of football.. which is good... tupid Panthers) Francesca ... Awesome! 50K treail run with mud and all. You are an even tougher runner now! It was such IRC today (cloudy, 50F) that I decided to do my first 20 miler for this training cycle. I started at the highest elevation and ran down to home (7.5 mi, 350 ft drop) with Tory then ran 5.4 miles of hills and then back up the 350 feet to the car. This gave nice hills from mile 15 on. Mix of country roads and trails in the woods. Good workout. 20.4 miles in 2:57:53 (8:43 pace, AHR 153)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

umwb

Snow? what Snow? CoolCool Good morning everyone!! 7.3 miles this sunny beautiful morning. Kind of a run/walk work out up at the Mines this morning. I tried a new route and some of the hills were a little steep for my old bones Black eye Arizona sure looked good last night..... Go Giants!!
                        When I'm not running I'm on my Triumph Rocket 3 !
                        evanflein

Thanks Bob and everyone else. Erika's ok. Just very very stoopid. Realized about mile 3 that I'd forgotten my chip. Can you believe that?? What a noob mistake. I was so upset. Called DH crying and blubbering about it. He told me to shut up and run, I was there on the course, volunteers had water and powerade (and bananas and chocolate) so I could treat it as a supported long run. So... I did. And it was actually a good race, just no official time. But I got my medal, and a doozy of a blister on the ball of my right foot. DH met me at the finish with my chip and a lot of haggling with officials they agreed to take it and swipe it across the finish line so I can at least be an official "finisher." I guess I'll work on a full RR later.... Meeting Breger and his DW was great. Truly a highlight of the whole week.
                            Thanks Bob and everyone else. Erika's ok. Just very very stoopid. Realized about mile 3 that I'd forgotten my chip. Can you believe that?? What a noob mistake. I was so upset. Called DH crying and blubbering about it. He told me to shut up and run, I was there on the course, volunteers had water and powerade (and bananas and chocolate) so I could treat it as a supported long run. So... I did. And it was actually a good race, just no official time. But I got my medal, and a doozy of a blister on the ball of my right foot. DH met me at the finish with my chip and a lot of haggling with officials they agreed to take it and swipe it across the finish line so I can at least be an official "finisher." I guess I'll work on a full RR later.... Meeting Breger and his DW was great. Truly a highlight of the whole week.
                            Oh carp..what a bummer! I almost did that two years ago at NY when I forgot my own chip, luckily they are set up for that at the expo and I was able to get one of their chips after all. So sorry that you had to experience that, but you did the right thing by treating it as a long run. Sorry about that blister too, take care of it and enjoy a little R&R now...I can't even believe that you would have been blubbering though, I'm shure that DH was over exaggerating a little don't you think? Wink
                            evanflein

Well, the crying and blubbering was my description. And yes, I did cry about it. DH was actually very kind and said I should take the opportunity to just run my race. He was great.

Maniac 505

Erika: Congrats on nailing another state, so sorry you forgot the chip, but you can bet that never happens again. Frank Shocked can't wait to see the race report. Dave