Masters Running

Tuesday 9/6/16 Back to Work Runs and Other Assorted Mischief (Read 38 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy!

Everyone is afraid to be the first one to post?

Steve - great pics at the end of yesterday's daily - looks like a great time!

No run for me today.  Taking a "leg rest" day, so I did a  few core and upper body exercises and some stretching.

We have tickets to see Andy Grammer and Gavin DeGraw tonight at our favorite outdoor venue, and DH wanted to wussie out because it's a weeknight and we get up at 5:30am.  SO, I asked our friend Bruce to come instead, and he is happy to take DH's ticket.  What's a little sleep deprivation, right?  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi Holly.  Apparently, they're afraid to be the second, too.

Not that I have any running to talk about.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Call me third-place in the non-runner/taper division.

Otherwise, 900-mile day from GS-land to reality-land
        for the first third place in my life. I once got eighth

place in a marathon but two of the ten starters

fropped out. 
        Steve - fantastic photos and experiences for all.
        I guess I see the bald eagleit but that’s a pretty large fish for a lake.
        Lake trout? Whitefish? Oh, northern pike?
        At least it wasn’t my grandmother’s little dog in those days.
        ps - I’m gunna check out a trail-cam? Are they waterproof?
        Carolyn - how/where were the nuptials?
        Did you run up to the top of any local peaks to celebrate?
        <<<(14,411')>>>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Not that I have any running to talk about.

Okay then, let's hear about the Other Assorted Mischief.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sayhey! MM#130

Yeah stumps, let's hear about your mischief!!!

Just a 5K for me this morning.  Felt like slacking off a bit.

Henry, love love your verse.  Thinking of you more than you know.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Great idea for a gift, SteveP.  Looks like the family had a wonderful time!

I gotta get this sleep issue figured out (as I have been saying for how many years now?).  Turned the alarm off at 4:30, blinked, and it was 5:30.  So much for running in the predawn hours this a.m.  Now I'm stuck with running after work.  Bleck!  But, doggone it, I will do it!

Our department secretary told me today she and her Hub have decided to move to Eugene, OR, as soon as she finds a job.  Say it ain't so!!   She had an interview over the weekend, so it could be soon.  I don't blame her, though.  Even though I love Humboldt County, it definitely has its drawbacks.  Hopefully her Hub, who drives truck for a logging company here, will be able to find work in that area.  It's gonna stink trying to find someone qualified to replace her.  *sigh*

Okay, that's it.  Gotta get back to work ~~

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

20 minutes of pool running today. Gawwwd I'd forgotten how mind-numbingly boring that can be. But, for tomwhite
                20 min pr, wb, cf, deo

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

The heat came back. I don't like it;. So 5.1 miles on the tm.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

3.6 in sunny and 92 degrees. Better enjoy it the green is getting a little more yellow everyday around here. Wish I could bottle a few degrees for January and February.

Peace

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

evanflein pool running! I find pool swimming for an extended period deadly dull. I am not sure I would survive running in one. 

Yesterday's HM results are up. I finished in 1:41:03 for a 7:45 pace. Considerably slower than last year, but pretty good for where my race times have been so far this year. Amazingly, I was 7/62 in the 55-59AG. No more racing for me until the relay race starting a week from Friday.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Short, but fast - 2 speedy miles

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

4.5 miles around the neighbourhood.

I was at the cabin most of the weekend, and was supposed to run my mountain there, like 10 miles, but I just couldn't get the mojo up to do it.  Plus I was having an occasional weird pain in one of my legs, which felt like a stressed bone.  I decided to do a short hike with my son instead.

I think Portland will be my most under trained half marathon to date.  If I can string 3 weeks of 30 miles each together, then I might be ok cardio-wise.  Right now I seem injury free, and hope it stays that way.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

wildchild

Carolyn

Carolyn - how/where were the nuptials?
                            Did you run up to the top of any local peaks to celebrate?
                            <<<(14,411')>>>

Very little running, and zero elevation gain - a couple short jaunts on the Lake Sammammish trail, since the trail ran right past our airbnb.

The nuptials were amazing!  The ceremony and reception were outdoors, in a state park, and the weather was great!  For those of you who haven't seen these on FB, here are a couple of pictures of my DD and DSIL right after the ceremony, when everyone was blowing bubbles ( I guess that's in place of throwing rice!)

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SteveP

Tet, it seemed like a very lard fish. If I were to guess, yours is as good as mine. Trail cams would have to be some sort of weather resistant.

Sorry about your coworker moving, Leslie.

Wild Child, I love those pictures!!!!!!

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Carolyn - beautiful!