Masters Running

Donna's News (Read 389 times)

TomD

Yesterday Donna and I went to see our doctor to find out our options. He told us it looked localized to him and set up an appointment in the afternoon with a surgeon. He told us Donna has one year without the surgery and 3-5 years with having her left lung taken out. Donna was very upset last night. She is doing better this morning. She is off for testing to find out if she is able to have surgery. I am sure she is. She is scheduled for surgery Monday morning. It is pretty difficult for both of us right now. TomD
    Tramps

Oh Tom, that's so hard to hear. My heart goes out to you and Donna.

Be safe. Be kind.

I'm so sorry Tom. I wish your news had been better. Good luck to you both as you move forward. You're in my prayers.
          ((Tom and Donna))

ksrunr All American 10K Feb. '10 Cowtown Half marathon Feb. '10 Boston '10

wildchild

Carolyn

Hugs to you both. You're lucky you have each other, and you'll get through this somehow.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

We're thinking of you.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hugs and prayers to both of you. {{{Donna & Tom}}}

flomotioncoaching.com

Slo

TomD My heart goes out to you and I will keep you two in my prayers. Even though we've never met......never even shared an exchange on these boards I have been following your updates and now I'm sitting here wiping back my own tears for you and Donna. In late October my Dad.....64 yrs old.....had a primary brain tumor removed. Stage 4 He is almost done with his radiation treatments. He still has another round of chemo to do. Statisically, prognosis is 14 months. Obviously we're hoping for much more. Fight the good fight.
                  umwb

Tom & Donna, I am so sorry to hear of your troubles, There really are very few words to describe the feelings, and emotions you both must have, and very few words I can offer to help you feel better..... Surround yourself with your family, for that is where you will find strength. Our prayers are with you and Donna
                    When I'm not running I'm on my Triumph Rocket 3 !
                      Hugs to you and Donna. We're all pulling for you. Believe me Tom, I know it's hard, but put the statistics aside. Whether it's 10000 more or a lot less, make every day count. Skip
                      munchkn883

I don't know what to say. You both will stay in my prayers. When I had my liver surgery, he told me 3-5 years...my oncologist told me only God knows when we will be called home and he is right. Stay positive and please keep us updated.
                        evanflein

I missed where it was found that Donna had cancer... feel like I missed a lot in a week! So sorry to hear this news, Tom. Prayers for Donna and you as you figure out the best course of action.
                          Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

So sorry for your news. You're in my prayers. Francesca
                              Love and strength to you both. Karin

Hill Runner

{{{{Tom & Donna}}} Sorry to hear this news...Never give up!

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                                Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                                Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13