Masters Running

May 2019 Masters' Miles (Read 35 times)

an amazing likeness

April summary is here.

Welcome to June. We're sneaking up on the longest days. The magnolias are glorious here in northern New England, a yellow one stopped me in my tracks on a run the other day; lilacs are just starting to bloom and scent the roadsides, but it is still late spring as the cold ocean temps keep the temps in the 50s many days while battling the warm sun.

Time to post those hard-earned, brisk May miles, race results and running achievements.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

159.7 miles.  No races.  Not a bad month!  The Streak lives on (started Jan 1)

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

TammyinGP

Had a pretty decent May.

92.2 miles

Tammy

Thought I might break 100 but only 95.  Oh well.  Lots of cycling and I did something crazy, signed up for an 85-mile ride in Denver June 15th, so I'll have even more cycling miles in June!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Starting to look up a bit with 5 outings, 18.97 miles running and 7 rides for 152.10 cycling.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Joe618

108 even for me.   Did 105 in April after 200+ in March.    June will see this now ramp up again towards 200+ again in October. 

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

evanflein

200.4 miles for May. Yay! First 200 mile month since last September! 

One race, a 5k with 1st in age group with a less-than-stellar time but apparently good enough.

wildchild

Carolyn

151 miles for me, a prime!  No races.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

rmcj001

Thanks Milktruck!

211 Miles for May, 856 YTD, 1 trail half marathon with 1st AG.  Caught back up to the pace bunny...

Ray

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks miltruck!  Congratulations on your retirement!  It sure is nice having you in the dailies.

No races just getting ready for the Sandhills Marathon.

May: 255

YTD: 1068

130 for May.

617.37 YTD

Not so great.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Quickadder

103 miles for May to extend my 100+ miles per month streak to 2 years.

Only race was a hot and humid 5 miler where I was the oldest guy in the 55-64 AG. If only they had had a 64-99 AG, I would have done well! Interesting how the runner numbers diminished with age, there were 14 ages 55-59, 9 ages 60-64 and just 1 over 65.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

SubDood

May 266.3 mi

YTD  1147.4 mi

1 Mile and 5k races, but mostly just getting ready for Sandhills Marathon.

pfriese

Thanks milktruck.

Just short of 200 miles this month with 195.8 miles.

Paul

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

45.5 for may

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes