Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING GROUP w/e 06/20 (Read 629 times)

Point to Ponder: If quitters never win, and winners never quit, what fool came up with, "Quit while you're ahead"?

Stay safe out there.

pfriese - 50.6 running miles

Tsunami - Welcome!

Eliz -"Walloped" by vacation and altitude sickness.

Erika - 40.2 miles run, 2.2 miles walked, 4 miles elliptical and one session of abs/core work

EGH3 -

Shadowrunner - 26.4 running miles, 40.3 biking miles,  2hrs core excercises: 600 push-ups, 2hrs free weights

Dutchie -27.25km running, 39km biking, upper body 1x, lower body 2x, abs - 3x

Stumpy - 14 running miles, 1 hr elliptical, 1 hr pump class, yoga

fatozzig - 19.80 trail miles, 23 road miles, 30 min stationary biking, 1.75 hrs core/strength

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest

Tues - 3 or 30; core/strength ------------------------------ 30 min; 1 hr core/strength training

Wed - 10 miles w/hill sprints ------------------------------ 9.05 miles w/6 hill sprints starting at Mile 8.60

Thurs - 3 or 30; core/strength ----------------------------- 4 miles; 30 min core

Fri - Rest -------------------------------------------------------- 50 min core/upper body strength training

Sat - 22 trail miles -------------------------------------------- 21.5 trail miles

Sun - 10 miles ------------------------------------------------- 3+ hrs of digging and planting

Total: 13.05 road miles, 21.5 trail miles, 30 min stationary biking, 2:20 hrs core/strength, 3+ hrs yard work

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Hey Leslie! Thanks for rolling this out again for us.

Not sure what I'm doing this week. Looking forward to my next race, a 10k on Saturday night.

Monday: Complete Rest Day (from running...)

Tuesday: 5 miles, untimed for the most part, but a "clock check" indicates it was a good, sub 8:30 run.

Wednesday: 8.1 miles with some zippy striders thrown in there, .4 mile walk

Thursday: 6 miles, 8:09 avg pace, .4 mile walk

Friday: 4.1 miles easy, 8:18 avg pace (easy cuz nice downhills and tailwind), .4 mile walk

Saturday: 1.2 mile warm up, then 10k race in 44:39 or something like that. That's a big PR for me! 

Sunday: 13 miles run at a too fast 8:15 average pace on tired legs. I'll never learn

Totals: 43.7 miles run, 1.2 miles walking and a 10k PR race!

Dutchie42

Hi everyone, thanks Leslie

Thought I'd be the last one to check in, but it looks like I'm early Here's my optimistic schedule for the week, or like Stumpy says, my wish list:

Mon: 3K doggie run + 30min LB + 30min UB + abs

Did a nice 3 kilometer run with both dogs. Spooky stormed down the stairs so I assumed she was perfectly fine again. After we got home I added a 20min LB and a 10 min stretch. Ran out of time to do UB and abs. Shouldn't have stayed in bed till 6AM.

Tue: 7K easy run

This morning it was just pouring down. Black skies. Terrible. And way too warm to run on the TM. So I did yesterday's missed UB endurance + abs w/o. Nice.

Wed: 5.5K easy run + 30min LB + 30min UB + abs

First of all, I was aiming for 7K to make up a little for yesterdays missed run.With this serial rapist not caught yet, I changed my loop slightly to avoid the first and last 800 meters of my usual route. It's a pretyy overgrown bikepath. The new route adds close to 1.5 kilometers to my loops. So instead of 7K I ran nearly 8.5 kilometers this morning. I was slow, but steady and it felt real good. 

Thu: 8.8K easy run

Got caught up in updating my resume and looking for a new job in the morning. Later, the day just got away from me. Stupid, cause it was the last beautiful day for at least a week. We're expected to get a lot of rain. Anyways, sent my resume to two recruitment firms. Will send it to a few more.

Fri: 3K doggie run + 30min LB

Spent too much time on on the internet this morning. Only managed the 3.25 kilometers.

Sat: 5.5K easy run + 30min UB + abs

Nice 7.6 kilometer run with Spooky only. It was pretty chilly out though, with a strong wind, especially along the dike. And it started to rain while I was out there. Ran out of time for anything else, cause I promised Jim we'd go shopping for his birthday present (a watch). He turns 18yo on Tue. After, we got the groceries for the week. Then I had to put in some study time.

Sun: 10 mile long run + long stretch/yoga maybe

Another cold, chilly day. It's just not the average June temps these days. Very windy again, so I opted out of running along the dike. Meaning I had to add some mileage somewhere along the route I picked. I did the math in my head while I was running. At the end of my loop I realised I didn't quite run the 10 miles I had planned, but I was close and the 15.6 kilometers I logged will just have to do. 

Total running mileage: 38 kilometers   

Total biking mileage:13 kilometers

UB: 1x

LB:1x

Abs:1x

Other cardio:0x

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Oh now I get it. Thanks. What an awesome idea.

Plan for this week

Today rest  - leg still sore

Tue - long swim

wed - see how the leg feels.

I guess I really shouldnt plan much until leg is close to 100% again.

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Sorry to have gone missing last week.  I was getting ready for travel and then was in Keystone, Colorado over the weekend.  Took all of my running gear, but didn't realize just how much I like OXYGEN in the air when I run.  Or walk, or sit, for that matter.  Got walloped by altitude sickness.   I don't know how you mountain folks do it!

Getting back on track tomorrow, when I'll surely start complaining about the heat and humidity again.  Smile

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

pfriese

Thanks Leslie,

M - 8 miles

T - 11 miles

W - 5 miles

Th - 7.9 miles

F - travel day

Sa - 6.9 miles

Su - sailing near Seattle with DD, her husband and the grandsons

Total - 38.8 miles

Paul

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks Leslie.  A little late here.

M - Sucky day at work - carryover from Friday.    Managed to do about an hour of UB Free-weights after work.

T - 15 min core excercises: 150 push-ups [50,40, 30, 30], 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, some mild stretching.  Hoping to get in an evening run.  Never happened  Another sucky day at work.

W-  Too tired to get up this morning so no cores this morning.  Worked thru lunch again.  Ran 7.3 miles after work @ 8:12 pace.  Ran a little longer to make up for yesterday. 

R- 15 min core excercises: 150 push-ups [50,40, 30, 30], 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, some mild stretching, 4.69 mile easy run - very humid. 1 hour free-weights in afternoon.

F-  15 min core excercises: 150 push-ups [50,40, 30, 30], 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, some mild stretching, 4.69 mile easy run; left for vacation in Florida.

Sa- Rest day for running, did 30 mins free weights at hotel in Tampa

Su-  Make-up long run day; Got lost on planned route from hotel ended up doing 11.59 miles in 85F+ temps and humidity.  Pace was still a respectable 8:16 min mile, but stopped multiple times to try and locate hotel. 

totals for week:  28.3 miles running; 450 push-ups; 2.5 hrs of free weights; core 45 mins total for week.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi Leslie and everyone else.  Thanks for the totals--this is becoming the cool place to hang out.  Nice picture of the legal chicks, BTW.

Mon:  yoga.  done. 

Tue:  5 miles.  5.04 at a decent pace.

Wed:  X-T. 

Thu:  5 miles.   Bad time management so only 3.8 in 38 miniutes.  Sweatfest.

Fri:  rest.  Ended up as a day of X-T as I took the day off to help set up for Relay for Life in our town.  lots of lifitng and wlaking in 85º.

Sat:  X-T.  this will be the reverse when I head back to help clear it all out.  Hope there's a little left in the legs for Sunday.

Sun:  10 miles.  There was a little left, but not quite enough.  just about 9 with w/u and c/d

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Hi Leslie and everyone else.  Thanks for the totals--this is becoming the cool place to hang out.  Nice picture of the legal chicks, BTW.

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Hey Leslie, speaking of totals... Please check what you've got for me. I could swear I ran more than 0.2 miles last week... (like add a 4 on the front there?) Big grin
                        shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Hey Leslie, speaking of totals... Please check what you've got for me. I could swear I ran more than 0.2 miles last week... (like add a 4 on the front there?) Big grin

Correcting Leslie...living dangerously, Erika.  Best to pretend the 0.2 is a 4.2 and just walk away...or run away...

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Dutchie42

Correcting Leslie...living dangerously, Erika.  Best to pretend the 0.2 is a 4.2 and just walk away...or run away...

LOL, I second that

Dutchie
                            Run the day, or the day runs you.

My reputation precedes me.  Dang - You guys are harsh!  (I know people . . . just sayin' . . . )

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Nah, Leslie doesn't bite. She's a big pussycat. Big grin