Masters Running

THE WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING THREAD w/e AUG 31st (Read 204 times)

Monday Night Football is back...so the tallies are a little late... Dark Horse-10 miles + 200 pushups,400 situps,weights and elliptical...glad you're back!! Dutchie-??? evanflein-38.1 miles + weights,pool running,elliptical and walking...another great week for you fatozzig-19.62 miles + 2.75 hours core + 30 min bike...hangover running...ouch!! lyndenrunner-40 miles nowor-15 miles + core,yoga and bike...always cool in the PNW pfriese-8.2 miles + 117.8 bike...way to go!! tetsujin-26.2 miles...nice race,taper well my friend
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-5@7:58 Tue-Off Wed-4@8:11 PM-1.5@7:02 Thur-Off Fri-5@8:16 Sat-8@8:05 5@7:52 Sun-8@7:38 Total=36.5 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Thanks, lyndenrunner. Smile Monday: Traveling Tuesday: Traveling Wednesday: Traveling Thursday: Traveling Friday: 5 miles on the treadmill Saturday: 5 miles on the treadmill Sunday: Traveling Totals: 10 miles running Dark Horse
        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks lynden, it seems like a long time ago with the tapering feeling so good since Light-at-the-end-of-the-Tunnel Marathon with italiano goddess, put me me down for another week's worth in preparation for our annual Labor Day Half Mary. <>enke/soundi)>>> In fact, let me know if you're still gunna do that 20-miler for your upcoming Skagit Flats Marathon <>divechief/arf)>>> and I'll give you a couple extra days of the tapering you should be doing. Smile Sun (8/24) - taper Mon (8/25) - taper Tue (8/26) - taper Wed (8/27) - taper Thur (8/28) - taper Fri (8/29) - taper Sat (8/30) - final midnight madness swim of summer ps - maybe put an extra tough insole in your sneakers for the very, very rough protruding gravel embedded in the chip-seal asphalt on the Skagit out-and-back.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mon - Conference recovery sleep. Yes Tues - Woke up with a really cranky low back. Trying to work the kinks out. Wed - 5 miles w/hill repeats (1 long, 2 short, 1 long, 3 short, 3 long) 11:11 pace when all was said and done Thurs - 1 hours core/strength; half an hour stationary bike Fri - 1.75 hours on pavement (ugh!) = 9.57 miles. Included a steady stretch up a hill that's a little over 3/4 of a mile during which I took 2 less than 10 secs walking breaks. Big grin Sat - 2:00 trail run. (9 miles??) Sun - The back is still a bit kinked - can't for the life of me figure what happened - but it loosened up enough for a comfortable run.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Last big week before taper for Equinox... Moving two of my recovery run days to the pool... Here's the plan: Monday: 5 miles stationary bike, 25 mins Weights and 30 mins Pool Running Tuesday: 6.6 miles, avg pace 8:04 Wednesday: 10.75 miles, hilly out-and-back of Equinox course Thursday: 5 miles EZ, but tired legs Friday: Rest Day, but walked one mile Saturday: 10.5 miles Sunday: 23 miles, Equinox practice run Totals: 55.85 miles at least, with walking, weights and pool running in the mix.
              Dutchie42

Hi everyone, Thought I'd let you know that I didn't do any running or any other type of work out last week, or this week. Got myself injured moving a book cupboard. A big book cupboard. That I only emptied half cause I was too lazy to empty it completely. Last week both my L-knee en back were,shall I say, not happy with my lazyness. This week my back is much better, but my knee is still moaning to me. Hope to start back running in the second half of the week. I'll let you know. Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri .... Krav Maga class. First half was so intens I almost puked. Sat ...8.5K easy and comfortable run with Spooky and an ub workout. Sun...tore a small muscle near my thumb while pruning a big bush with shears: sat home first waited if it would feel better, then went to hospital

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

pfriese

lyndenrunner, many thanks once again for the thread, all the tabulation and comments. No real plan for th week, just running when I can.
                  DayMilesComment
                  Mondaytravel day done
                  Tuesdayrest day done
                  Wednesday6.0 miles @ 9:43/mi avg pacedone
                  Thursdayrest day done
                  Friday6.0 miles running @ 10:00/mi avg pace done
                  Saturday1 mile warmup 5K race @ 7:40/mi avg pacedone done
                  Sunday13.8 miles running @ 10:38/mi avg pace done
                  Total29.9 miles runningDONE
                  Paul
                  nowor

Thanks for the continuing PNW air. Mon-4 mi Tues-core class Wed-6.5 shady mi Thur-core class AM/yoga PM Fri-4.5 non IRC mi but done Sun-1 hr bike Summary- 15 mi + core + loving this weather