Masters Running

Happy 2's Day Master Runs and Joyful Thoughts (Read 519 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning... At work early so I thought I would start us off with a long post. ( I talk too much some times) 4 recovery miles last night - 9:55 ave pace - felt good after my huge weekend of running. Hope all my good friends here have a wonderful day Smile TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Good morning! Long post for me, too Smile 6.1 miles, 52:47, 8:38/mi, AHR 143 (73% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

0532 64° F The Wawa Run. 5 miles round trip.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

The Wawa Run Buehler? Confused Tim, I hope you didn't take my comment about you in my Mind thread the wrong way. I certainly wasn't implying that you do not work hard. You certainly do! I was just trying to say that you have so much speed that your Goal pace is much faster than your BQ pace. You could run your race easy and BQ. I do not have any speed in excess. Today was short Repeats day with full recovery between. 10.15 miles total at 8:33 overall pace with 10x1/4 mile Repeats with 1/4 mile RI between each. I ran them solidly but not all out, trying to heed the Wise One's advice. No walking during the RI's. Still, I was tired after the 10th one. However, my 4 miles cool down after the Repeats were run at 8:30 (MP). Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Tramps

10.2 easy + warm 70F = not so easy. Our streak of mid 90s should break today, though.

Be safe. Be kind.

perchcreek so you think you are tough? Humph! 21 days without a run does not make you tough! Can you do a non-running marathon? Now that is tough! Be a man -- try taking off for say 70 days or so! Now that is tough. Sad I really hope you get out of the club and nowhere near the record. breger1 you think it might be possible to yank biketm's chain? I had not thought it was but if you think he might interpret something in a less than polite way . . . hmmm Smile Have to come up with something . . . I found out from the DW that the folks at the jogging club were asking about me. I have been out of town the last few weekends traveling and not showed up. Of course, they did not want to know what happened to me because they missing my company they wanted to know where my muffins went to! Angry lol

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Good morning my friends!!! Hope the rain holds out today as it's looking wet. I have to do 2x10k intervals each of 40 minutes each with a 1k jog in between. If you would have told me I would be doing this workout 5 years ago I would have laughed. Back then my 10k time was 52 minutes . Have a good day Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Run to Wawa, get a cup of coffee and run back? They're my favorite convenience store--just sorry there aren't any around here.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tim, I hope you didn't take my comment about you in my Mind thread the wrong way. I certainly wasn't implying that you do not work hard. You certainly do! I was just trying to say that you have so much speed that your Goal pace is much faster than your BQ pace. You could run your race easy and BQ. I do not have any speed in excess.
                    Didn't even look Bill...I wrote that half asleep last night (not that I took the subject lightly though) But remember saying to trust in our work before hand, carrying us through the hard times in a race, when it gets tough....have faith that the hard work is done, and time to "let er rip". Bill, your running has been outstanding, I personally think you will race better than you think ....look at alll the MP runs you have now Smile I guess when I have a rough time in a long run - race - or fast track or tempo workout, I just have this way of telling myself....no way are you going to give up (push - push your way through) I can normally push through and try my best to think about everything other than the pain I may be experiencing at the moment. I think I developed a way of dealing with pain and uncertainty, while cycling racing long distances and 1/2 Ironmans. I know Karin told me something that I have always remembered: "Okay, so let’s do this thing....run strong---the first 20 miles with your head, and the last 6 with your heart Tim!" Considering I have not ran a Marathon yet, I don't think a BQ will be as easy as you - or others may think. And most certainly won't be the Seattle Marathon. Your Friend Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Hill Runner

Good morning all, ...Perfect running temp here this morning, 52F and sunny. 10.05 miles of hills @ 8:52, I'm pretty much back to normal, everything's good.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                      Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                      Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

King of PhotoShop

Don't you need a 3:30 Tim? You'll run that at Seattle. Your work has been excellent. You too Bill. On quarters doing full rest like that, your focus should have been on form. Hope you were concentrating on that. I have a conference call in a few minutes with that bank that never sleeps, but will head out in an hour or so. Here is Lucy shaking hands with Riblet at our club's "Hound Dog Hustle." They asked anyone to come on stage and do a dog trick and win a prize. I was so surprised to look up and see them there. Lucy doesn't even bother looking at him. Instead she plays to the audience. Ha! Spareribs
                        dg.

Good morning! Day 2 of my new plan... and it went really well except that I tripped again Confused Blush Black eye... didn't fall but caught myself which is worse, and couldn't run at all at first. walked a couple of laps & then I could again. So, I ended up with 7.46 miles, an average pace of 9:35, max 8:26.... but that does not count the 2 or 3 times I had to stop again so it's kind of cheating. i was trying to keep the pain level to a 3 at the most.... managed except just at the end. I was so happy when I'd be able to start up & have it be ok after a minute or 2. Other than that whole thing my run went pretty well. I have PT later today, will ask her for some suggestions! I'm hoping that this will be like one of those times when your yellow light slides into red & you manage to get away with it. ((((perch & tory)))) twocat, how's your leg? Barbara, WaWa? Smile mta, thanks SR. that's so cute.
                          Slo

Good Morning Group Up for a good quality workout this morning. No goal, just wanted to let the horses out prior to a 5k I'm hoping to do this weekend. did a 2+ mile warm up followed by 4 x .75mi repeats. Pace was all over the place because of the wind but felt the wind provides a better training stimulus than a treadmill ever will. I averaged right at 7:00/mile for the intervals. I did find out that I can run a 200 yd dash at 4:14/mile pace after completing 8 miles with an interval set thrown in. I was chased by a stray dog......just a scruffy little $hit but he was right on my ankles........I guess I was in better shape cause he dropped the chase after 200 yards. (I was beginning to wonder though) I had to download the garmin data after that ! Also effective for practicing high knees ! It's always the little ones ain't it ? I am so starving right now. We are having health screenings at work. It includes a glucose test and they ask for an 8 hr fast. So I'm sitting here after a good hard workout....on empty. I've got a bannana and choco milk chug on ice ready as soon as I'm done. A good day is wished to you all !
                              Good morning, gentlemen! Looks like the ladies are sleeping in again. The women's locker room at work has been deserted the last couple of mornings - no competition for the showers ;-). I guess everybody is sleeping in...... Holly - I've used coyote urine in the past - couldn't stand the smell, but it did deter the deer. I'm hoping the peppermint stuff works so I don't have to resort to the urine. SteveP - still chuckling about the the leek, and, yes, Bambi is indeed going down ;-). Henrun - sorry to hear about your foot - can't believe you finished a marathon with a stress fracture. Take care!! 7 hilly miles this morning along the Sound. 55 degrees and sunny with absolutely no wind - pretty sweet. dg - I'm starting on that raised bed this weekend............;-) Sorry to all of you who are still having snow. Good runs everybody!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning Gang! I golfed 9 holes last night - walked the course - so I did not get up to run this morning. It was raining out anyway. I will probably try to get in a little run this evening. The weather is finally supposed to clear up for a few days. SR - that picture is great! Happy Twos-Day!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com