Masters Running

Doctor says ".............." (Read 475 times)

TomD

Hi All,

Well, I am cleared to do any thing, but training seriously for a marathon.  That will need to wait until the end of next week.  I can however run slower and walk some to build up my mileage until then. 

My plans are to run the Maryville Marathon in June.  If I feel well afterwards I will be off to Viborg, SD, to run Swan Lake the next day.  These marathons will be very slow.  I hope to do great in the Fall.  My goal is to run 19+ marathons before the end of the year, so I will be business in the Fall months.

Looking to see a lot of my friends before the year is out.  I plan on being at the reunion run in Omaha for the 50-staters.  I may even be at the one in Raliegh, NC. in November.

I can really feel Donna's presents and my mind I see her smiling telling me as did many times, "Tom, no matter what you do.  You will always be my Hero."

This is a happy day for me.

Take care,

TomD

TammyinGP

Hi Tom - great to hear from you and congrats on getting clearance. I hope all your training goes well for you. It should since you have probably the best training (virtual) partner in Donna and the words of encouragement that she speaks to you. Sounds like you are arriving at a peaceful place and I'm happy to hear this.

Tammy

Great news, Tom!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Maniac 505

Tom,  glad to hear it is going well,  ring the bell iat Viborg!
            Good luck with your return and marathon plans.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Good and hopeful news Tom. Welcome Back!
              wildchild

Carolyn

Good news, Tom, thanks for sharing it with us!  Wow - 19  marathons planned.  You sure know how to make a comeback!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I'm glad to hear the good news, Tom.  Good luck on your return to running and racing.

TomS

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good news Tom.  Most people when they say they are cleared to run don't talk about back to back marathons in 2 months Big grin

Yay on City of Oaks!  Maybe see ya then!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

...come back again next week.  I think that ya need me.

That's great, Tom.  Happy day, indeed!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                        Great news Tom!  Very happy for you.  Just ease back into it.
                        Tramps

I had missed this while away.

Great news, Tom.  Glad to hear it.

19 marathons!  Geez!

Be safe. Be kind.

Mariposai

What a marvelous news.................

please take it easy as you come back to training...there are many miles to conquer...

have fun

and be nice to your body....

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

No one deserves happiness more than you, Tom.

It's good to see you remembering Donna and feeling good.  Of course, she is always with you.

Take it easy on the recovery trail.  Maybe do a half before a full??????

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles