Masters Running

Mid-holiday Friday Daily, 12.28.12 (Read 326 times)

Byll - I loved the video! I hope you post pics from your trip when you are back.  We were at a party last weekend with a man who professes to have gone on 39 cruises.  We have never been on one, and I am intrigued....

Yeah, I've been surprised to learn how some people go on cruise after cruise after cruise.  10, 20, 30 or more.  Kinda like those crazy people who run 10, 20, or 30 marathons.  Wink

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

wildchild

Carolyn

lamerunner,  I'm so sorry to hear about your DD's friend. Way too young.  My DH used to ski patrol, and that was a tough part of the job.  They usually provide counseling for the patrol after accidents - I hope your DD is provided that opportunity.

Mike, how fun that you got to run with Mikey!  Do all your kids run? I know you've mentioned running with Ryan and Larva.

Cute sign, Twocat!

Econo - step AWAY from the Diet Pepsi!

Holly, cute story about your DD and her new helicopter!   We all love stories about her!

I ran a frozen 8 miles today around the neighborhood.  It was 10 degrees and windy.  One of those days I didn't feel like going out, but I just passed the 2,000 mile pace bunny yesterday and I didn't want him to pass me back!  I have 13 miles to go...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

(whistling, looking off into distance, holding DP bottle behind back)
        Mike E

MM #5615

Mike, how fun that you got to run with Mikey!  Do all your kids run? I know you've mentioned running with Ryan and Larva.

Wow--you have a really good memory.  Yes--my oldest daughter, Missy, runs some, too.

By the way, wild--with all the running you've done this year, I'm surprised you're just now going over 2000 miles....must have been all that tapering...

C-R

Funny picture twocat.

lame - so sorry about that. Glad your DD wasn't on duty.

Very nice Byll.

Second run today. Too much ice outside so I did the TM. I have lots of movies and soccer matches taped that keep my mind off the mill. Well here is one to avoid. Ghost Rider 2. Oh my. I can't believe how bad that was and this is from a guy that thinks Happy Gilmore is priceless cinematic art. Glad that was a free Showtime weekend for DVR. hate to have paid anythnig for that.

Hey Wild - I have 7 to go and I'm there too.

Evening all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

evanflein

Awesome video byll! I hope you and Deb have a lot of fun on your cruise!

7.6 miles today on pretty flat neighborhood roads with hardpack snow around DH's office. Had my screwshoes and had perfect footing. Got a little chilly with zero to -2° temps, and had to stop a couple times to de-ice my eyelashes.

Econo!!!! I thought you had kicked that habit....!

Marathon Maniac #957

(whistling, looking off into distance, holding DP bottle behind back)

What's a DP bottle?

Lame - that's awful, so sad....

Carolyn - congrats on the 2000!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Happy anniversary to Ribs and Opie!

Wow, I must really be out of touch here, had no idea those two had shacked up...

Mike E

MM #5615

Wow, I must really be out of touch here, had no idea those two had shacked up...

Hey--that's funny.  (Sorry guys)

Marathon Maniac #957

Opie - didn't mean to leave you out - Happy Anniversary!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."