Masters Running

Fair Friday, 7.20.12 (Read 460 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Divechief, sorry to hear about the Skagit and the people who lost their lives.  But good to see you posting.

SloHand - enjoy the week-long bike ride and party! 

Tramps - another story about spiderwebs slowing you down?  You got so much grief for that last time I'm surprised you'd even mention it again!

Mike, I can understand not recognizing corn plants when they were little, but once they get big they're pretty obvious! 

Good luck to the weekend racers. It's supposed to be hot here this weekend, and even pretty warm in the high country, so I'm planning another long high-altitude trail run tomorrow.  Who wants to come with me? 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'm planning another long high-altitude trail run tomorrow.  Who wants to come with me? 

hey carolyn, is it so idyllic up there that you don't get to know that one of the reasons for running is to escape reality not make more of it? have fun for us too, . . . but stay away from any thunder, lightening and rain/hail.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tramps

Tramps - another story about spiderwebs slowing you down?  You got so much grief for that last time I'm surprised you'd even mention it again!

Hey, this time it was spider webs AND flies.  Totally different.

Be safe. Be kind.

DH has decided we can take out a wall in the kitchen and create a pass-thru, and that he can move some electrical boxes and but a load-bearing beam up.  I so hope he knows what he is doing.  And he has promised we can do this together without him even once snapping at me.  Demo begins in the morning after the walk.  Keeping my fingers crossed......Undecided

Good luck, Holly!!  Maybe have a flask hidden somewhere to take a nip or two when you'd rather use a hammer on his head. Big grin

Dive - So sorry to hear about the ferry accident and lives lost.

Mike - Corn!  Ha!

Tim - Congrats on what sounds like possible upcoming nuptials.  I'm glad life has been/is improving for you.

Not much going on here.  Only 12/8 on the schedule for this weekend.  Love the taper!  However, I'm already starting to get nervous butterflies in my stomach for next weekend's Mt. Hood 50.  *gulp*

Oh - and if I did it right, theoretically you will be able to follow me on my facebook page through nspirelive.com.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild not a freakin chance!  What try to keep up as you run up and down the equivalent of a major ski resort!  Dead No freakin way!!  Joking

tetsujin209 need non-idyllic?  Just come to the north east.  Freezing cold winters.  Miserable traffic all year.  A slow speed train system that breaks down in the summer from heat, in the fall from leaves and in the winter from snow.  Works just great during the spring if the rains do not get too heavy!  I could go on but after awhile whining just makes the whiner seem like a whiner and I would not want people to think that of me!

Tramps plus who knows, maybe spider eggs too!  Yech!

fatozzig pretty neat way to share race results in real time.  I am not sure why nobody thought to have times sent to a Facebook page before!  I would suggest adding in Glympse but I bet no cell phone would make it for 50 miles even if there was a tower in the area; which I bet is in short supply out there.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

toucat - I bet my running gets me away from more than your running does for you.

where're ya goin' for almost 4,000 miles?  Add another 1,000 and come with me next month.

oh leslie, we are so jealous of you getting to run 50 miles around Mt. Hood with super-kate.

Glad we get to follow your progress to make sure she is able to keep you moderated enough.

However, I'm not a facebooker so hope someone'll copy 'em over here for the rest of us.

Maybe analyze why you're nervous (cut-off time, etc.), tell kate and have her worry about it.

Have fun.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

mrrun

Taking advantage of the little states in New England--two hour drive covers parts of three states.   Of course there are about 5 hours more driving left if you want to go all the way up in ME.  Roll eyes

we're joining the Mainiacs also with a family cookout in Kittery, ME - southern portion at Henrun's DS & DIL house.  his DD and family will be there along with my DD, DS and families  - lots of deer, no meese

marj

Mariposai

Wow, we just got the worst thunderstorm in history...

and to think that we live in a desert! Glad to inform that no water came to the basement, unlike some other neighbors, but the roof  where the former chimney used to be (had to get rid of it due to my asthma) will need some work...Dead

Holly, my all time trick when working in projects...

1-agree to disagree ahead of time....when working in a project like that, you will be stressed out and THERE will be disagreements! Come to the project knowing that.

2- All disagreement always starts with...sweetheart, love, honey or your .choice of endearment word) then state your disagreement...I tell you...it works very, very well.Roll eyes.

3- At the end of the day, focus on the great progress, not on the pitting disagreements!

My hope tomorrow is to go for a long bike ride thanks to Tetsujin, I inhereted some great bike seats from his former tri-days!

Go racers gooooo!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

If you are running thru spider webs on the trail (as I did last weekend), you can have the satisfaction of knowing you were the first to run that trail that day!  The earlybird gets the spiders as they say?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

wildchild

Carolyn

Hey, this time it was spider webs AND flies.  Totally different.

Roll eyes

I'll bet Tribee wouldn't have had any trouble with spider webs and flies.  Wink

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Twocat - I don't think there's cell service out there anyway, which is kind of a bummer 'cause I won't be able to call Shorty and tell him anything until I get back to St. Helens on Sunday.  But I'm gonna who him how to follow the results on the Internet . . . hopefully.

And speaking cell phones - anybody seen mine lately?  It's just a Trac phone, but if I can't find it, I'll have to buy another one.  And I'm missing a bag of running stuff.  Wouldn't surprise me if my head came up missing next. Roll eyes

Tet - I'm confident that with Kate by my side, I'll make the cut-offs.  Doesn't relieve the anxiety much, but I  know once I get running, the anxiety will melt away.

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Got Leslie go!!!!

You will rock your 50 miler!!!

Keep us posted!!1

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Sorry, Posie.  I guess I've sort of jumped the gun in my anxiety.  The run is next Saturday.  I leave Thurs to drive to St. Helens.

In looking at the list of registrants, however, there are 4 of us from my area running.  Where are these people on a regular basis?  We need to get some sort of trail running group put together!

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Where is the movie thread?

I just finished watching "Mao's last dancer"... a keeper!

SteveP

Hardware from a 5K Tag and I did in (I think ) February came in the mail. Not that I remember what AG we were in, I'm still curious as to how we ranked.

We found out there is a 1/4 or 1/2 mile tot run tomorrow. The RD isn't sure yet. After talking with Noah's parents, he'l be in the shorter race instead of the mile.

As DW had the day off, I told Tag were are racing Saturday. He got all wound up. Then I left for work.2EZPZ miles with DW, Tag and Honey. 

SteveP