Masters Running

3.8.13 Friday 'Still Snowing' Daily (Read 46 times)

dg.

Happy Birthday Holly!!!

I know we must have done this one before but if the cake fits...

I hope you do something really fun & can take some time for yourself!

(hi everybody Smile )

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Holly AND also to MARJ!

Two awesome Birthdays for two fabulous Ladies!

Marathon Maniac #957

yay 3 cakes for Holly!!! Maybe she'll share with us?

My husband surprised me by showing up to my work today with this cake.  The icing is that light whipped cream kind - yummy!  I shared it out, but there was plenty to bring home, too.  Luckily I have a 30-mile weekend scheduled....

Marj - Happy Birthday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

WOW, Holly's hubby outdid us with a REAL cake.

Well, an 11:15pm arrival from the airport and a minor little detail of 8" of snow on the ground did in my run this morning.  Hope it's cleared up tomorrow.

Hi Deb--glad you could drop in.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Happy Birthday to Holly and Marj! And how fitting is it that today is International Women's Day!!

Snowy, slushy, slippery and snotty run for me this morning, 5x over my favorite hill in town, 8 miles in total (9:29 avg pace). Yes, the wet was going everywhere... I was wondering if I actually looked like a frozen snot mustache today or I just felt that way... regardless, my run was very fun. Smile

DD comes home for her spring break as of tonight. Looking forward to seeing her!

I've been gone a couple of days observing a trial involving a sister in law and her sister over their parent's estate.  Now I'll try to catch up.

fatozzig, that's too bad about your running buddy moving.  Jay good luck now that you've gotten rid of the orthotics.  C-R, nice long running streak.  Dave, glad to hear the doctor says you're ok.  Slo, that's sad that your friend lost her husband and her mother.  fatozzig, congrats on becoming a "great auntie".  Happy birthday to Holly and marj.

Nice long runs for Twocat, Mike, OM, and wild.  Good job on the speedwork for mari and deez.

This morning, it was in the low 20s and there was a light wind.  I got in 5 miles at a 10:46 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

mrrun

thanks all - no cake for me but I came home to a purple orchid, shrimp and martoonies!!!

what a lovely day

Dave59

A shout out to Berger if he is still around:

Someone has spotted an ice mountain/island near your Michigan home:

http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?id=869453#.UTpkiVebX5z

arf

MM #405

Happy Birthday Holly and Marge !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ran my friends dog, then to and from work and also around town doing a bunch of errands...I think I did 10 today.

Ribs - Lydiard is excellent!   I've read it. But I'm more of a Joe Henderson "Run Gently, run Long" kind of girl, if anyone remembers that book.

Tet, Dive, and Enke - Have fun at your St Paddy's Day Run!

arf

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy birthday to Holly and Marj!  I'd like some cake if you have any chocolate ones!  Nice to see dg stop in with a cake!

There's a winter storm warning from tonight through Sunday morning, and it could be a big one, so I went and did my long run today.  24 miles on a mostly flat trail down in town.  So now I can be a slug this weekend, except for shoveling and plowing!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Dang it!  We have some sloppy stuff coming tomorrow into Sunday and I was going to come home and run 24, as well.  DW talked me into going out, instead, so I did a quick weight workout...and burpees.

Okay--I gotta go!  I think I hear her coming down the stairs!

Mariposai

Happy Birthday Marj, 

Happy Birthday Holly!

I am sorry to hear that the East Coasters are enduring such bad weather. It almost makes me guilty to post my sunny run this afternoon (57F).

10 miles, first 6 alone while listening to some Caribbean music. The last 4 turn into a sproinky, smooth and relaxing miles. Love it!

Now I am ready to enjoy the first BBQ of the season for dinner (my DH surprised me with a menu plan for tonight that included him cooking).

After dinner I plan to rub some ribs for the first BBQ ribs of the season. It supposed get to 67F tomorrow.

Thanks for the post on Lydiard, Ribs. While a book is better, this link has some good information on the Lydiard training method.

http://lydiardfoundation.org/training/understandinglydiardmethod.aspx

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Happy birthday Marj and Holly!  I hope you both had a great day and are starting a great year ahead.

For those of you with nice weather . . . stick a fork in it!  Angry  This has been one miserable winter in my parts.  It snowed yesterday, last night and most of this morning.  Then it turned into a wet snow/slush/rain mix for the rest of the day.  Great, just great!

While I am kvetching I am so jealous of all of you with St. Patrick's day races coming up.  Get this, I am going to Ireland (on business alas) and will be there for St. Patrick's day.  In Dublin no less!  Is there a St. Patrick's day race in Dublin Ireland?  Why of course not!  I searched the web high and low and found nothing!  Zero!  What is wrong with those people?  It is Ireland for Pete's sake!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy Birthday goddesses.

Anyone with the same birthdate should run a marathon together, e.g. Mariposai/Wildchild.

Twocat. That's amazing there's no St. Pat's Day run in Dublin.

However, how badly do you want to run on St.  Patrick's Day?

1.   expand your internet search to Ireland's most famous marathoner,  unless the John Kelly's are counted, John Treacy (silver medal in Los Angeles - 1984) and see if he knows of any races.  If not, maybe he'll let you go for a run with him.

2.  register for the Seattle (or elsewhere) St. Pat's and wear bib# and shirt over there for virtual racing (we'll send 'em to you).

3  wear a prior year's bib and shirt and try to get other Dubliners to join you.  Maybe you'll get invited back next year as RD.

good luck .

ps - forget all of the above unless you are going by yourself and no one will recognize you or care what you do if they do. .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Is there a St. Patrick's day race in Dublin Ireland?  Why of course not!  I searched the web high and low and found nothing!  Zero!  What is wrong with those people?  It is Ireland for Pete's sake!

You can always create your own St. Patrick's day fun run! I bet you will have a few takers!!!Big grin.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard