Masters Running

Fridaily Summer Running 6-8-18 (Read 34 times)

Starting us off.  Sorry, Mairposai, about the funding.  That's sad- I don't know what will fill that void.

3.2 miles before my husband left for a week for his Katy Trail bike ride.  He's driving to around St. Louis today and they get picked up by the tour group and driven about 3-4 hours to where they start the ride.  I am going to be really in trouble around here trying to manage all the animals and the house.  He does most of it since I'm the one who goes to work.  Of course, female dog has a UTI and just went on meds.  She'll be fine, but there are a couple of accidents that go with that.

Have a wonderful Friday, y'all.     Congrats to the Capitals and their fans.   GO VANDERBILT.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

yay caps, I mean CAPS.

KSA - be careful managing animals that usually mind someone else

I don't know how Holly/erika/et al recall some of my DD incidents when I spent the summer up there in 2016 as being so "hilarious" but, after seeing one of the cats on the roof when she came home after work that apparently someone had let get out be leaving an upstairs bedroom window open, I was sure never going to do that again, . . . . until while I was watching GS and the animals while they went on a three day fishing trip to the outer coast, one of her friends sent her a similar picture as Steve's and I got a call, "dad, do you know where the dog is?" . . . . needless to say, that never happened again either.

. Last week I saw one of our customer's dog on the found listings.

Holly - me too.

I sure got to know the neighborhood folks even better than my parents by delivering newspapers in the early morning.

Mariposai - tough way to be together with the family

but what a blessing this modern stuff is sometimes.

Good luck in getting other help for the great programs you run.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dave59

Yesterday it was so nice in the morning that I got up early and ran 4 miles before driving to the office for a 13 hour day of construction traffic, meetings, and sitting in a cubicle. aka - Dante's 8th Circle of Hell.

Today I ran 3 and will work quietly in my home office. We're picking up some NY State Medicaid business so I have to get our claim system to "talk" to a couple new pricing software programs.  It is actually work that I enjoy.  A few years ago, when we started processing NY Medicare claims I had to obtain pricing over the web.  And I do all of that from "old fashion" COBOL & RPG programs on a mainframe. It makes me feel less like a dinosaur when I am successful. A couple days ago I was talking to a couple tech people at one of the new places and they seemed to be doing everything to call me an idiot old man. (Their documentation is not as clear as they think it is.)  I have been doing this work for 37 years and I don't know all the latest computer languages, but I can still figure out what needs to be done.

Congratulations to the Capitals. I watched most of the 1st & 2nd periods and then went to bed. I woke up after not too long and I checked the score. It 4-3 with 2 minutes to go, so I flipped on the TV and watched the ending.  I watched some of the celebration and went back to sleep.

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks for the start, KSA. Good luck with the animals, and good luck to your DH on his ride.

Tet, you sure seem to have a special touch with animals...

Good work, Dave. Or should we call you IOM?

Last night's Ben Harper/Charlie Musselwhite concert was outstanding. Harper is a talented and versatile musician and singer, and Musselwhite is a national treasure. They played for 2+ hours, and it just flew by.

Of course, getting up at the usual time this morning was a bit of a challenge, and I was a few minutes late. But I still got in a relatively quick 3.8 RW miles in 55° temps before heading out for BWB (Breakfast With the Boss). I'm in a 10K tomorrow morning, and am working at a national RW 5K on Sunday morning, so it's going to be an interesting weekend.

Big grins and tailwinds to all of this weekend's racers!

And have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

3 miles.  Good (for me, I'm old) 11 minute pace. 

Bill Wagnon / stl

Dave59

If anyone is looking for a nice getaway next spring, there is a new race coming to WV.  Should be a beautiful run.  I doubt I will go because it looks like you have to sign-up early or at least make your living arrangements well in advance.  I'm getting too old to plan that far ahead.

https://www.canaanvalleyhalfmarathon.com/

If January rolls around and they have room and places to stay, I will consider it.

TammyinGP

good morning! I finally feel like I'm amongst the living again. Wednesday was graduation and then the senior all night grad party that I was a parent helper at. It was a good time but didn't get home and to bed until 6:00 a.m. and only let myself sleep until 9:30 or it would really mess me up. But I was still very tired and hardly functioning yesterday but after 10.5 hrs of sleep last night, I finally feel normal again. 

it was a great graduation and David gave a wonderful speech to his classmates. They had a great keynote speaker and best thing - the entire ceremony only last 1:12!  But with a small grad class (127), you wouldn't think it would go on too long anyways, although sometimes those keynote speakers can go on . . . and on . . . and on. Not this one though.

here's a family pic of us. So proud of this young man and all he's accomplished in his HS career

Image may contain: 5 people, including Rosemary Kendall, David Moore and Matthew Spiegel, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

Tammy

Congratulations to David and Tammy and Kim.  Great photo.

My graduating class had 46.  Now that's small!

Congrats to the Caps!! and all their patient fans  ~~

30 min of core/ST this a.m. I can't tell if my bursitis is coming back or if it's just a nerve issue.  Patiently waiting for my PT referral to go through.

Go forth and conquer, my friends~~

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

tet- no worries.  They are my babies, too.  I do plenty with them, and the dogs are both over 14, so they don't do a whole lot!  My petsitter is stopping by mid-day all next week to check on them and let them out so I don't have to shorten my days too much.  I will as much as I can.  One of the cats gets insulin shots twice a day, too.

Congratulations to David and your family, Tammy.  Very nice picture.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

...Really good pic tammy//.......what's he gonna major in??

==========

ever notice

when you HAVE to get out in this you don't like it

and

when you WANT to get out in this it's Wonderful??

proving,

once again,

Runners are very Deep and Complex people

or

Nuts,

....................could go either way

94-degrees, slight breeze

.....70-min HH at soccer fields

with

3-lb trailboots and 2-lb handweights

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TammyinGP

...Really good pic tammy//.......what's he gonna major in??

==========

He'll be attending Honors College at Oregon State and receiving a degree (possibly Masters) in business at their School of Business. 
                        business administration, sports marketing, financial advising - - he's not exactly sure yet which business track he'll go down but OSU School of Business has a lot of opportunities.

Tammy

Tramps

Thanks for your tolerance of my insufferable hockey enthusiasm in a forum that's supposed to be about running.

I was surprised at how last night's win kind of choked me up. After all, it's just a game. I wrote a long post in a different thread about it.

Be safe. Be kind.

wildchild

Carolyn

Sorry I have no comments on hockey, but I did have a great 12.4 mile trail run today in a local state park.  It was warm, so we ran up to a waterfall, where the cool spray felt wonderful.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I just got back from picking up my race bib for tomorrow’s race.  Did you know there are hills in North Carolina?  Have I ever told you how much I hate running hills?

I sure I hope I sleep better tonight than last night. That dang hockey game kept me up until after 11:00 and then I just had so much other stuff rolling around in my head.

I went 2.8 miles, today, so that I would end the week with a whole number...unless those dang hills kill me.

Okay—gotta go.  See ya!

C-R

Nuts,

Yup.

Great pic Tammy.

Mariposai - sorry about the funding loss. Hope you can find another route.

Nice run Wild. Running trails out West isn't like here in the Midwest. You people have boulders everywhere. Not a tree root to be found but lots of them rocks. Respect.

Glad for the Caps and frankly hope the Warriors win tonight so we can focus on the real deal - The World Cup. 7 days!! I can't wait. three weeks of pure bliss for me. Germany for the repeat and yes I wear my Germany kit while watching games. Another double today for that all star thing. Getting stronger so its good timing for my marathon. Figure 10 and 16 hard this weekend should do the trick.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/