Masters Running

Lucky Friday the 13th Runs (Read 489 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Heading out in a couple minutes to have fasting bloodwork done. I hate fasting.... Angry At least the nurse told me yesterday I could have black coffee. Whew! Anyway, I just had time this morning for 3 recovery miles on the TM (10:31). Knowing I would be pressed for time today, I did my lower body workout last night, and tonight I'll do some core work. TGIF!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good Morning Holly! I hope you can break that fast soon after the test. I have SFSD that will only worsen over the weekend (Sports Fan Sleep Deprivation). What a week...My favorites all win----UConn Lady Huskies won the Big East tournament earlier in the week, then the Syracuse Orangemen won in 6 overtimes, beating the UConn men last night in the quarterfianls of the Big East Tournament (they play again tonight against WVU and they will be tired!) We were watching the Bruins and the Sens in between all that and we leave this afternoon for the Massachusetts State hockey tournament (in Milton) where the kiddo's team plays tonight and then tomorrow morning at 6:30 AM------Who needs sleep?! I am going to head out in a few minutes and run an 8 miler, so I can be at all the games this weekend. I had planned to meet up with a friend at 5:20 for a run, but it was 10ยบ and his three year-old had been up all night puking. Dodged that for now! Good runs and happy weekend to all Oh and the Nike National High School Indoor Track Championships are in Boston this weekend as well. I may slip out between hockey games and see if I can see some of that too.
        Heading out in a couple minutes to have fasting bloodwork done.
        Consider yourself fortunate, Holly. I'm in such bad shape the doctors have me do a slowing bloodwork. Confused anyway....good luck Smile
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          Good Morning! Heading out in a couple minutes to have fasting bloodwork done. I hate fasting.... Angry At least the nurse told me yesterday I could have black coffee. Whew! Anyway, I just had time this morning for 3 recovery miles on the TM (10:31). Knowing I would be pressed for time today, I did my lower body workout last night, and tonight I'll do some core work. TGIF!
          hopefully your fast is over now!! nice job getting those workouts - i was going to post on FB you could probably have black coffee, but then i didn't know what tests you were having done so thought i shouldn't say anything..............hope it helped you get thru!! Karin - one of these days we really need to meet up for a run (my run your jog ;o)) can't believe you'll be so close to me all weekend!! i thought about getting out early this morning too but saw 23 on the thermometer and said NOPE DONE with these cold temps -- so will hit the gym or run later when it warms up a tad!! HAPPY FRIDAY!!

denise

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Karin, enjoy the meet! DS16 is at the NSIC meet in NYC this weekend. Maybe he will run at NIN next year! He passed his Eagle Scout Board of Review last night, so this is a big week for him. He's about 10 feet off the ground. DH is driving down to see him run, but I have to stay home with the other kids. I love modern technology - there will be a live webcast of all the races, so I can see both of his! DS13 is still sick as a dog - third day in a row. High temp, sore throat, wheezy. The strep test Wednesday was negative, but I'm taking him back in today (the doctor told me to if he hadn't improved by now). I will have to postpone my morning run, I guess. Maybe it will warm up a little this afternoon!! PS - Denise, 23 sounds nice!
              I can't believe you stayed up to watch that 6 overtime game CNY. The game lasted 3:45 of clock time - nearly twice as long as a normal college BBall game. I'm really sorry we won't be able to meet up when you're instate next week. If it had been a weekend, I would have driven down to meet up, but midweek is tough. Next time. Nothing for me today. I decided to bag the cross-training even, to try to get over this cold/sinus thing I have going on. I feel okay, but the upper respiratory system is going bonkers on me. I may bag golf tomorrow morning too - in an attempt to be well enough for an LR on Sunday. When you're running only Quality workouts each week like I am, it's really bad to miss any of them. We'll see how it goes. Hack, hack. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Happy Friday, all! Holly - hope you have broken your fast by now. (((((Bill))))) -wishing you a speedy recovery and a good long run this weekend. Sorry you may have to bag your golf game. I saw a lone golfer on a partially snow covered fairway last weekend - golfers are a tough bunch. CNY - just thinking about your weekend activities makes me tired ;-). Denise - I concur with your decision to bag the cold run. I was thinking about running outside until I stepped out and felt the stiff breeze in my face. Nice easy 6.65 miles on the TM this AM - 149 AHR. We're supposed to have decent weather for this weekend -thank goodness! Good runs and a good weekend to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow - CNY, it sounds like you have a fun action-packed weekend in store for you! I have a good girlfriend that is a March Madness finatic! She even took next Thursday and Friday off of work just to watch basketball. Roll eyes Dg - You might want to just go for the 10K - but I think you still have plenty of time to sign up. I think it starts to cost more after April 30th though. My arms are a little sore this morning, but not too bad. Good news is the fact that I must be in better shape that DD#2 as she could hardly move her arms for a few days after the same workout. Smile No workout this morning. Decided to rest today as I have a 13 miler scheduled for tomorrow. TGIF!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Tramps

Sloppy mix of heavy wet snow today. Ran easy 5.3 @ 8:17. From the first step, my nagging shin pain was back for no apparent reason. Angry Back to ice/heat treatment today. The snow was pretty though. Smile Have a good weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

Slo

Good Morning All Been busy at work. I have a busy weekend coming up. The Plant is down so we in Engineering get to do our thing. Trying to squeeze 4 days of work into two......never fun. Last night I headed to the Y. Got in a quick core and back workout. Decided to use a treadmill and do some 800 repeats. A 2 mile warm up.....just started my 3rd 800 when the circuit breaker on my treadmill tripped. The belt comes to an immeadiate stop ! Thought I was going to tear the front end of the treadmill off. After a few minutes of downtime my machine was reset and I was back.....4 more 800's with out incident. Started my 2 mile cool down. At 1.5 miles it happened again. This time I wasn't running as fast so it wasn't as dramatic but still enough to throw you forward. 6 800's @ 7:00 with 200m active recovery in between @ 9:10 This morning I hit the pool. Opened with 1150yds followed by drills. Decent swim. Really need to kick it up a notch and try to get more than 3 days/week (I've only been getting 2 right now) Originally I had a race scheduled for this weekend. One that I had a new Personal Best on last year and I was really looking to break that this year. Very hilly 5k......I'm in much better shape but with my work load this weekend I won't be able to get away for it...... Sad And I'll need to scratch next weeks race too for reasons I'll explain later. So for my 4 race late winter spring opener thats 1 lack luster performance followed by 3 DNS's My goal was to tack up 3 AG awards on my garage wall........Bummer

Hill Runner

Good morning gang! Karin & Bill...get some rest.... A drizzly, cold morning...my hands hate this kind of weather but I still had a great run today singing along with Tom Petty on the iPod. People must have thought that I was nuts.....Big grin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HNMpd4tR6c 10.42 miles of hills @ 9:05 pace Good runs to everyone today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                        Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                        Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

King of PhotoShop

If every single day were cold and rainy, I would just go out there and run, but that isn't what's happening. Last week it was 70's and sunny and I foolishly got used to it. Now this week is rainy and cold so I go to the Y to run. How do you figure that? Everybody else just sucks it up and runs. Spareribs
                          Slo

If every single day were cold and rainy, I would just go out there and run, but that isn't what's happening. Last week it was 70's and sunny and I foolishly got used to it. Now this week is rainy and cold so I go to the Y to run. How do you figure that? Everybody else just sucks it up and runs. Spareribs
                            But sometimes that makes for a miserable run Ribs.......I did that earlier this week. 20mph winds...35 mph gust, 16 degs. I gutted it out for my goal of 7 miles and it was just pure miserable. A treadmill probably would have provided a better quality run.
                              deez, I hope your husband and kid are healthy again. enke, same for your kid. dg, I hpe the new PT helps a lot. it's great you can run. stumpy, I hope the heart procedure went well. hopeful, it's good you got over the "crud". bike, I hope a few days off take care of your knee. teresa, congrats to your son on passing his Eagle review board. I hope your other son gets to feeling better. Tramps, I hope that nagging shin pain goes away quickly. Nice long runs for evan (with hills in Vegas), marj, mariposai, Holly, enke, busi, and Peter. Good job on the speedwork for SLO (so fast he tripped the circuit breaker on the TM). Yesterday, we were gone all day but I did get in a short, slow, run before we left. It was 5 miles at a 10:20 pace. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
                              wildchild

Carolyn

Karin, the advantage of not being a sports fan is that we get more sleep than you! Big grin Good luck to your kiddo and his team. Teresa, good luck to your DS also! Work has picked up and gotten busy this week. I'm relieved, because after a couple of slow weeks I start worrying about the economic slowdown and the possibility of layoffs. And speaking of layoffs, Perchcreek, have you found a new job, or are you still looking? It's been snowing at home but not in the flatlands. I got in 5.6 miles yesterday at lunch, and plan on another 5-6 today. Temps are in the 40's in town - pretty good running weather. Nice, because at home I'd be running in yaktrax. (I guess that's what's on tap for this weekend, unless I want to drive to town.)

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.