Masters Running

Sunday Jan 20th BooMasters Runs (Read 523 times)

Mariposai

This can not be right. A PNW boomer is starting today's thread? A miracle. Another miracle is that I am already back from a Magical Snowy 4 miles run and it is only 4:22 around here. I must be too excited about my trip that I could not go to sleep, so I decided to just put my running shoes on and out I went. The world around me was so peaceful and quiet. Enjoy your RESTs, your runs, your walks and your lives my friends. I will be airport hoping for the next three days so my next posting most likely will be from South America. Unless I can fit in some running in the different airports this would very well be my last run in North American soil for one month. Adios amigos.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

have a wonderful trip and Marathon International Paraguay. In appreciation of getting to share some of your cheery marathon miles over the last year, I'll be one of your fans for a virtual MIP mile too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

GreenMan

Adios, can't wait to hear the stories. Forgot to post yesterday. 40+ on bike 21 gallowalk Image and video hosting by TinyPic Creek Junction near MP 27 on Va Creeper Trail anybody wanna do a 16 mile recovery run? Tongue Waiting on >20*
        Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Mari – safe traveling! JJJessee – wow! You are doing some amazing workouts. The temp. was 3(feels like -12) this morning, so I began the slow job of layering my clothes and thought, “What am I doing? This is why I have a treadmill.” So, 7.2 easy-paced miles on the treadmill in the garage. Off to paint the bathroom now. Good luck to the racers today!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Morning! JJJ.. that's some duathlon training! Big grin That trail looks so inviting. Tory and I caught a quick run as the temperatures started to plummit. The temp dropped from 29F to 26F during the run and I could start to feel slippage on pushoff on some roads. Other roads were dry so no slippage. 6 mi GA in 49:46 (8:17 pace AHR 160.. target 160!). Tory kept pace nicely today. All the lawns are white with SNOW! Haven't seen that here for a couple years. Have great runs and stay warm!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

The Jogger

Morning All Have a good trip and race Mari, Holly it must be nice to run indoors juding by JJJ's pic, JJJ I get cold looking at that Cool Cool run Steve. We did a 3 miler trail nice n easy with Mrs Roy and Woody. the runs are short but getting more consistent. Good Runs All Roy
              bap

A friend of mine in North Dakota yesterday after running 8 miles. Of course, I would have worn a t-shirt and shorts

Certified Running Coach
                Crocked since 2013

.....I got Cold just looking at that..........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Wow, Mariposai, you were done before I started and you're 3 timezones away! What a beautiful morning for a run. The air is never so clear as when the mercury's hovering around the zero mark with a cloudless sky and the sun rising. So I did my more-miles-than-degrees run by going 6 miles around Stoney Creek Lake at 1 degree Fahrenheit (wind chill -10, but I didn't notice it much). Looking across the frozen lake at the sunrise was a true winter scene, and I was actually plenty warm with the layers that I had on. I did finish with frost covering my balaclava and icicles on my eyelashes. Good running to everyone else today.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Early runs for some. I lazed about until about 8:15 before running a relatively short 12 miler for me for a Sunday. It was my first real progression run, and it went well. This time I ran by pace rather than heart rate. It was a bit chilly at 16F with a 15 mph wind, but I was bundled up just fine so there was no problem with the cold. I guess my nose got a bit cold. Smile Target(distance) 9:25(2), 9:00(2), 8:40(2), 8:20(2), 8:05(2), 7:50(2). Actual(HR) 9:13(133), 8:56(140), 8:39(145), 8:19(151), 8:03(162), 7:43(168). Windy, no problems -- wasn't too tired at the end, of course, this was only 12 miles. Overall 12.1 miles, 1:42.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

bap

4.4 miles @ 8:58 pace. The first time I've been really cold for the first mile or so.

Certified Running Coach
                        Crocked since 2013

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Ahh yes, nothing like sub zero windchills to get the blood flowing in the morning! I went out yesterday for 6 miles in 9 degree temps - not sure what the windchill was and not sure I really want to know. But I was comfortable the whole way. This morning I was hoping for more miles, but the weather was even colder and I just didn't have it in me - so I gave up after 4 miles. I think it was 5 degrees - so I still haven't made the more miles than degrees club unless you count windchill? Going to a girl movie this afternoon with my sister, sister-in-law and maybe DD#2. Looking forward to the popcorn!! Big grin Proof of my craziness: ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Tramps

Nice running out there today. Have a great trip, Mariposai! JJJ--that bridge looks familiar...or at least very similar to one I've seen. Awesome mileage you're putting in. Roch has got the right attitude about cold; no whining. 14.1 for me @ 8:55. 19F with steady winds; needed double layers for the wind but was a bit warm overall. The only part I don't like is that with the wind howling in your ears you can't hear cars coming. A part of my run is, inevitably, on a busy road with no shoulders; creeps me out to have vehicles whiz by that I didn't hear coming. Looking forward to some football after a few chores.

Be safe. Be kind.

Good runs to all this morning! Just finished 9 easy miles @10:18 pace. Temp was 26 with 30-35 mph wind. I was planning on just doing 8 miles, but going with the wind, it blew me right past the finish and took me dern near a mile to get 'er shut down! Big grin Some nice pics already this morning. J3 that's a beaut. Mary and Baps friend looking pretty in pink...or is that fuschia? Go Boom!
                              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                                creeps me out to have vehicles whiz by that I didn't hear coming.
                                Tramps - would it be possible for you to run on the left hand side of the road? Then at least you'll see them coming.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com